Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Camper than Christmas

Options
  • 12-08-2005 2:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭

Ok, I know I’m not the only one who noticed, but life on campus can be, well, camp. Where I live you would NEVER find guys so open or willing to experiment. I tried to think of as many 100% heterosexual guys I was close to on campus and came up with one (Hey Steve!)… :D:p:D
    So, what is it? I know CTYI is a really open place and all, but why, on a campus of 303 would you find more blatant gayness (it’s a word!) than in a town with a couple of thousand people??? We’ve even changed the YMCA, the campest song ever, to fit as a CTYI anthem… :rolleyes:
    Blah, I’m going to get some chicken…

Discuss!
    :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Chowburger

Oh you would be the one to start this topic, wouldn't you :p
    But yeah, it's true. Teh Smarts = Teh Gay, apparently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 T.J.

Well like you said CTYI is a very open place. People do things in CTYI that they couldn't in the general population e.g. random licking day etc. and naturally homosexuality is one of the things they try. After all where else could you try it to see if you liked it and not be branded?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Desmoulins

Only you, G... :)

But yeah- could you imagine random licking day in *that place we live*? And maybe people with intelligence are just more...open to other possibilities. God, our group of people were very gay, weren't they? When Steve is the best you can come up with :rolleyes: Oh and another thing- Plagerism is wrong...give me back my words please.

Slightly off topic does anyone else love the phrase homosexuals are gay?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

I love the word 'homosexual' when it's pronounced with the o's like in hot.

Define 100% heterosexual. Actually, maybe don't.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,698 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

Theres prob an element of "not shítting where you eat" to it. Ie when you're away ya can go crazy. Pretty sure im 100% heterosexual btw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

I tried to think of as many 100% heterosexual guys I was close to on campus and came up with one (Hey Steve!)

I'm not gay damnit!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Fabulo

Well, maybe it's because more intelligent people are generally more liberal, or maybe there's a higher frequency of homosexuality amongst intelligent people... I like to think it's a mix of both.

*does manly voice* Yeah! Women! Who's with me?

Heh, what am I saying, I'm not even with me...

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭halenger

Youth is the time of experimentation and all that. CTYI is a place that is (or at least should be) free of putting people down for being different and highly encouraging of being open minded. People feel free to do things they might not be able to do around their own friend group or at least not without standing out like a sore thumb.

Yadda, yadda.

Which, loosely translated, means CTYI is a bubbling cauldron of horniness, and we'll get it any way we can.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭smiley_knees

*is surprised mod has taken part in debate rather than killed it*
    Thank you! :D
    Raphael wrote:
    I'm not gay damnit!
    ...*grins*I never said that! :D I suppose CTYI is a sexpot of horniness (mmm, sexpot) but so are civilian discos...
    Christ, the amount of stuff that go on there..Icky stuff. This be a very random debate, how and ever I was tellin my sister about some of the stuff we got up to and realised how gay it was..Wait, that sounded wrong.. Nevermind...

Ooh, off point! Had an exciting night in work! Had a top quality Irish celebrity in the restaurant.. Bet your all jealous you didn't get to serve...KEITH DUFFY!!! (well I did say an *irish*celebrity.. :D )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭COCK

Homosexuality, i find, is infectious, when someone does it, it makes it ok for other people to do it.

My theory is that a few of the many eccentric people in ctyi made some babies the risk free way and it caught on like wildfire

hey but its all good gayness is great, and its always good to try something once

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Raphael wrote:
    I'm not gay damnit!
    Then explain the HEELS!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭halenger

*is surprised mod has taken part in debate rather than killed it*
    Thank you! :D

Hey! I'm not that bad! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭Pyschopath666

halenger wrote:
    Hey! I'm not that bad! :eek:

then why do you call yourself our "overlord" then

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Crash

if you could bottle the hormones in CTYI....

thats all i'm gonna say on teh subject.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 566 ✭✭✭elephamt king

Then explain the HEELS!
    lol, hah aonghus is uncomfortable with his sexuality. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Plunky

then why do you call yourself our "overlord" then
    Overlords chat too, damnit!

No, I'm quite comfortable with my sexuality. It's quite comfortably straight.

If I was ucomfortable with my sexuality I'd act much less hoh-moh-seksual

Unless you're double-bluffing and really uncomfortable but acting gay to make us think that you're not...

Or maybe it's a triple-bluff, where you're really very comfortable with...

Yeah, this could go on for a while.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Karlusss

Post-ironic gayness is the best kind. Such regrets in the morning. Or afternoon. Or whatever period of day occurs after your foray.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Mocha One Sugar

yeah guys, CTYI is such a campe place! it's great, almost as fantastic as the mosh pits at Scissor Sisters gigs but there are actual real trannies in those!!
    I think it's cool that in CTYI no-one is afraid to flaunt their sexuality. it shows that we have space for individuality and that we are concious enough not to be self-concious!
    Hurrah for bisexuality!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 849 ✭✭✭mentalimplosion

aonghus can outrun me in my own stilettoes.
    i think this proves his sexuality

Those were damned hard to run in!

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭smiley_knees

Awww, poor Aonghus *pats head*.. I don't think you're completely gay. The fact that whenever you talked to me you looked down my top kinda proved that...Then again, so did Eoin.. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Chowburger

The fact that whenever you talked to me you looked down my top kinda proved that...
    And I think he gets points for guessing your bra size in one go :p

What can I say, I'm talented

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Jack Lynch

Karlusss wrote:
    Post-ironic gayness is the best kind. Such regrets in the morning. Or afternoon. Or whatever period of day occurs after your foray.

Usually the mid-morning break at Spar. They kept taking the hat, leaving me in that jacket!

Killian McCarthy and I walked from santry to campus in pink womens hats the kind even women would be ashamed to go out in every single person who saw us stared then the scangers saw us..... :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Jack Lynch

Were they those big floppy hats ye got in Santry for the first disco? I think i can beat that; small jacket (revealing 'womanly hips'), small umbrella (not the letahl weapon i expected) and furry hat. Now that i think about it, you win

Advertisement