Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone been in Quayside SC (Sligo) yet?!

Options
  • 12-08-2005 10:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 43,806 ✭✭✭✭

Fantastic place!

Only was really interested in Carphone Warehouse and TK Maxx though. TK Maxx is absolutely massive in there. Only one in the West and biggest store TK Maxx currently operate too!

On Monday, 17 of the 32 stores will be open apparently!

Currently (August 11th), the only stores open are (may have missed one or two):

- TK Maxx
    - River Island
    - Next
    - Carphone Warehouse
    - Specsavers Opticians
    - United Colours Of Benetton
    - Auto Accessories (.. something like that.. accessories / radios (etc.) for cars)
    - Hallmark
    - Shop (just a simple shop selling drinks / sweets)
    - Spill The Beans (coffee / sandwich place)
    - Cafe Prima
    - Bagel Place (not sure of the name)

The 2 Euro Discount Store and Lifestyle Sports are currently being stocked and expected to open ASAP.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,086 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

my bro went in the day it opened....and spent 450e :eek: ....im scared to go there now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 43,806 ✭✭✭✭Basq

You'd spent that easily in TK Maxx... going out on the booze tomorrow night so gonna impress with some of last season's fashions...! :D

The only thing is you'll have every fecker on the streets of Sligo in last season's CK / Billabong / Ben Sherman / Hurley etc. Still some excellent stuff in there though!

Heard tonight that PC World, Harry Corry and InHouse are opening up in the Retail Park next week.

We should really all have a Sligo / North West Beers but judging by the amount of people on Boards from Sligo... it'll be a fairly quiet night!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,086 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

heh but we will get fairly drunk so it will be ok...north west beers!!!

oo pcworld yay

Maybe i should stick in a post for it in Events to see if there's any interest - d'ya think?!

go on lol,there would be at least 2 of us :)

maybe get the whoe north west in on this ;)

• Advertisement

ha signs up! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Drag00n79

basquille wrote:
    Heard tonight that PC World, Harry Corry and InHouse are opening up in the Retail Park next week.
    Hope so, Basquille. A PC World is badly needed ... but not as much as an Argos. I won't even go down that road :mad:

Shamrok wrote:
    Hope so, Basquille. A PC World is badly needed ... but not as much as an Argos. I won't even go down that road :mad:
    I know.. i'm as pi*sed off as you are! It's mad to hear about all these execs in the Chamber Of Commerce resigning this week and denying it had anything to do with the whole Argos topic. I'll be extremely suprised if we get an Argos after all this!

I'll tell you something - MSL and Compustore are really gonna suffer with PC World opening. Though saying that, Westside Computers have some good value on stuff in there. Got a spindle of 25 Bulkpaq DVD+R's in there for €17.

argos :ANGER:

• Advertisement

basquille wrote:
    I'll tell you something - MSL and Compustore are really gonna suffer with PC World opening.
    Isn't Compustore closed? Do you mean Compupaq? If so, I have no sympathy for them. I always found them to be far too highly priced anyway.[/QUOTE]
    basquille wrote:
    Though saying that, Westside Computers have some good value on stuff in there. Got a spindle of 25 Bulkpaq DVD+R's in there for €17.
    Is that the place in Connolly Street? I haven't been in there yet. Must pop in.

Shamrok wrote:
    Isn't Compustore closed? Do you mean Compupaq? If so, I have no sympathy for them. I always found them to be far too highly priced anyway.
    Sorry.. yeah, meant Compupaq. I always assumed that was the same place! :D I found both Compustore and Compupaq to be rip-off merchants! The prices that they charge for a standard PC / PC accessories is a joke!
    Shamrok wrote:
    Is that the place in Connolly Street? I haven't been in there yet. Must pop in.
    Yeah.. the place across from what used to be the old Murrays Bar. Now the whole side of the street across from him is tore down.

Shame he's in a real secluded area - he could do very well. Although.. at the same time with the stuff he's selling, i can't imagine him doing that well outta it anyways. He seems to mainly sell for people making their own PC - like fans / cases (etc.) - can't imagine there's much demand for that in Sligo. But like i said.. he's some great value in there on spindles of CD's / DVD's

basquille wrote:
    Shame he's in a real secluded area.
    Not for much longer. That's a big (,ugly IMO!) hotel development being constructed opposite him. I think the street will be pedestrianised when its complete.

Shamrok wrote:
    Not for much longer. That's a big (,ugly IMO!) hotel development being constructed opposite him. I think the street will be pedestrianised when its complete.
    Yeah.. and apparently O Connell Street will be pedestrianised from October.. about time too!

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Ooly

Haven't been to the "Q" yet (omg it has nicknames already).

Can't wait to see what it's like. I'm trying to dodge the mad rush to it so i'll prob go in next week.

This north west beers sounds like fun.......sign me up! It should be held in Sligo of course.........

post your support in the events part of boards nobody posted :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Dagon

Yeah cool.. I'm up for some Sligo boards beers!

I'm blown away with al the development taking place in Sligo, and even more blown away after reading this thread - didn't realise abou that new Hotel going up, or the PC World + Harry Corry going into the retail park! Looks like Sligo is really taking off! And of course I've heard that a new niteclub is also in the works, although I'm not sure where it's supposed to be going up.

The "Q" is very impressive indeed! I was in River Island today and they have some nice mens stuff at reasonable prices. Yes, local Sligo businesses will lose out, but do we have any sympathy? The amount of times I've gone looking for stuff around Sligo only to find that everything is overpriced, and totally unaffordable unless you're earning big bucks. Or else it's hard to find stuff that you actually like, and you have to spend ages looking. In Next, TK Maxx, Jack&Jones and River Island you can get decent quality lads stuff that is not only up to date (maybe bar TK MAxx hehe) but not impossible to afford for poor students :)

At last we have choice!

Hmm.. now I wonder would the Q be a good spot for a bit of busking? hehe...

Heard on the news earlier as well that the owner of the Q offered a place in Q to Argos for 2 and a half years with no charge?

Excellent opportunity but hard to know whether it was a sincere offer.. or a ploy to get himself and the Q in the papers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,657 ✭✭✭magnumlady

I hope Argos take him up on it. Fair play to him I say. It'd be a kick up the jacks for the chamber of commerce. What is their problem anyway!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

Dagon wrote:
    Yeah cool.. I'm up for some Sligo boards beers!
    And of course I've heard that a new niteclub is also in the works, although I'm not sure where it's supposed to be going up.

that club is going opposite toffs, on the other side of the river.
    think of it an Envy V.2.1 beta :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭genie

Was in the new shopping centre area the other day and I was amazed to find a pedestrianised area not part of the shopping centre. I thought it was all going to be under the one roof and out of the rain! Very badly thought out IMHO. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Ooly

genie wrote:
    Was in the new shopping centre area the other day and I was amazed to find a pedestrianised area not part of the shopping centre. I thought it was all going to be under the one roof and out of the rain! Very badly thought out IMHO. :rolleyes:

I think it was a good idea & it looks good too. It makes it different to all other shopping centres 8-)

Ooly wrote:
    I think it was a good idea & it looks good too. It makes it different to all other shopping centres 8-)

You must love getting wet, then! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭nanook

have to say i was in the shopping centre a couple of weeks ago and i have to say it was a load of rubbish. Some good shops, you cant go wrong with TK Max and Next but the layout is terrible, if you are on the lower level and take the escalator up to the toilets, there is no stairs back down, you have to take the lift.

Badly laid out.

Wahaay! Someone else who doesn't like it!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭rancheros

was in it yeah, think there's a whole lot of nothing in it,

Anyone been in the cafe prima in it, with the luminous green chairs, don't go in with a hangover

rancheros wrote:
    was in it yeah, think there's a whole lot of nothing in it,

Anyone been in the cafe prima in it, with the luminous green chairs, don't go in with a hangover
    Yeah.. feckin' eyes were burned off me in there! :D

Bought a simple plate of chips and a small cup of coffee - charged me €4.55! Thievin' bastards! This is Sligo - not Stephen's Green! :rolleyes:

its pretty good!river island and next are very good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭rancheros

basquille wrote:
    Yeah.. feckin' eyes were burned off me in there! :D

Bought a simple plate of chips and a small cup of coffee - charged me €4.55! Thievin' bastards! This is Sligo - not Stephen's Green! :rolleyes:

I was in there last friday after coming form hospital ,had eye drops put in thile there and my pupils were huge could not keep my eyes open with the brightness,

Good value breakfast @ 7.50 though
    2 rashers
    2 sausages
    black and white pudding
    beans
    hash browns
    tomatoe
    toast and tea

Think that was good value

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Madge

I think it's great. About time Sligo got a shopping centre! Clothes shops such as Next , Bay, River Island are badly needed as theres not much decent clothes shops in Sligo for gals in their 20s like me.
    Havent been in the cafes yet, but I've heard the juice bar has some interesting concoctions

Advertisement