Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Outer Ring Road to open within 3 weeks

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

More slippage. :(

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭kilkennycat2004

mike65 wrote:
    You can bet your bottom dollar that the cops will be taking up residence for a few weeks after opening picking off the unwary.
    Mike.

drove it the other night & its going to be difficult to stay below 60 kph on it IMHO.
    Anyway got a name for it yet. "Cops paradise" possibly.

outerringroadthursday1.jpg

outerringroadthursday2.jpg

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

hopefully half the city will be out trying the new road tomorrow so i can get home in less than 20 minutes. traffic has been brutal this week

• Registered Users Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

Hey Mike, which road is the ring road crossing in the picture? Is it the tramore road?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 847 ✭✭✭mickger

deise59 wrote:
    Hey Mike, which road is the ring road crossing in the picture? Is it the tramore road?

Looking at the pic it looks like the tramore road,tramore to the right,city centre to the left and dumore east and passage east straight ahead.i think lol

Yep thats correct, I took the piccy off the Lacken Rd bridge. I hope they remember to remove everything - like that digger claw on the right hand edge in the top photo!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Open Day: Today at around midday!

Nows your chance to kill Martin!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,732 ✭✭✭Bards

Lets hope he has some good news re a confirmed start date for the City Bypass!!!!!

Dsc00079.jpg

about 15 mins ago.

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Any pics? What he say?!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

You know whats going to happen now don't you?
    "Ah sure it'll be dead if we go through waterford instead of the new road so it'll be faster" and then everyone does it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

Martin Cullen said work will start on the bypass early next year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭kano476

What I'll never understand is why the first small section at ardkeen wasn't built a dual carridgeway like the rest of it.

Tramore road needs to be upgraded to dual crridgeway the traffic on it is going to become rediculous in the next couple of years.

Right a few observations - why is it a dual carraigway when the max speed is 60 kph? The only thing we'll be overtaking is tractors!

No hard shoulder, not clever.

No lighting beyond the roundabouts which might be suprising given its length.

Some questionable signings, and names ie the Old Tramore road is'nt named as such.

The Cork road roundabout will proberly need a set of traffic lights before you know it, it certainly needs two lanes on the approach from Kilmeaden, there was a tail back at 2 pm I'll be interested to see how bad it gets at say 8.30 am and 5pm.

Mike.

There will be lighting the full length of the road including footpaths and a cyclelane in both directions. According to the City Council it should be in place in a couple of months (read next summer.)

60KM/h is too slow.. shoud be at least 80KM/h.. maybe a petition to the City Council/local representatives might persuade them.

Traffic Lights on roundabouts are not a good idea. It is either a roundabout or a traffic controlled junction, not both. One only has to look at the mess that is the Mad Cow Roundabout on the M50 or the Kinsale Roundabout on the Cork Southern Ring to see what I mean.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

How does one find this new road from the industrial estate?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭Dac51

Bond-007 wrote:
    How does one find this new road from the industrial estate?

At the Industrial Estate exit by the AIB turn right. Follow the road to the traffic lights at the Cork Road. Turn right again. Go straight on through the traffic lights at Heatons. Keep straight past all the car showrooms. Just past the Ramada hotel you will come to a roundabout. Take the first exit and you are on the new road.

...Martin Cullen is promising the earth! Well he says both the by-pass and the southern section of the Waterford-Dublin road will begin next year! I heard on the local news that no firm start date has been penciled in for the latter. This came from the Michael Egan of the NRA! So is Cullan talking up prospects just to give the local media something to print?

He also talked about a third bridge to link Dunmore road to south Kilkenny (or
    Waterford City North as it'll be by then!).

Mike.

The southern section of the motorway has not been approved yet by an bord planeala... They are due to give their decision this month (October 18th to be precise). Apparently the Carlow bypass is due to start June 2006 as part of the motorway hence his insistence that the motorway will start next year.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

I went for a spin on the new road at 0.40 the other morning and our ever useful Gardai were out speed hunting. They must be raking it in already.

Advertisement