Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worst / Best TV ads' ever

Options
  • 06-08-2005 6:43pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭

What's everybodys vote on "Worst / Best TV Ad's Ever". Post the ad and explain why you think its stupid/good. Just curious to see the results here :)

WORST: Mine would have to be that Maltesers Ad when there on that big ball thing in the sky, reading books and crashing into buildings etc. Not only is the theme tune crap, but the whole ad is a stupid waste of money!

BEST: That Muller ad. The one where they all start dancing around with folk music in a variey of dances. The song is Nina Simone's I Got Life. It might not make you buy the product - makes me smile when I see it tho, and that tune rings around my head - but the music is really "get up and dance". Pretty cool if you ask me!

Anyone know what that Club Oranage song is? Where there on the street, drinks orange, then takes the people doing Road Works hose and starts using it as a skipping rope? People join in etc. Liked that one too.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

"Lemsip Max Strength. It seperates the men from the boys"
    Similtaneous candidate for the best and worst ad.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Crucifix wrote:
    "Lemsip Max Strength. It seperates the men from the boys"
    Similtaneous candidate for the best and worst ad.

I got a bit of a laugh of that, but didnt really get the point of how it seperates "men from the boys"

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

that vodafone ad with the dancing letter was funny at first but now the tune gets stuck in my head, so im fed up of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

C'mon people... best ads ever? You're only mentioning the past year or less!
    What about Smash?
    Shake n Vac?
    Whazzzup by Budweiser?
    Volkswagen Polo ads?
    Yellow Pages "'Fly Fishing' by JR Hartley" ad?
    The old Milky bar ads...
    The "Stop, Look and Listen" campaigns...
    The Drifter ads - "you catch my drift?"

I could go on and on :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,699 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

I have to say the lotto one where all the guys are in the sauna, talking about how they made their money, and he turns to the young pasty fella-
    Guy: What about you kid, computers?
    Other guy (in a flat dublin accent): Nah, i won the lotto

I can see the same happen to ole dolores from the block

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,243 ✭✭✭zoro

http://www.bigad.com.au/

Watch it

And again

And again

I love it :D

zoro wrote:
    http://www.bigad.com.au/

Watch it

And again

And again

I love it :D

thats a deadly ad, whoever came up with that idea is a genius.

Sparky_S wrote:
    thats a deadly ad, whoever came up with that idea is a genius.
    Completely agree, simply amazing ad

zoro wrote:
    Completely agree, simply amazing ad

It very big tho :D

Sparky_S wrote:
    It very big tho :D
    Expensive ad!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭OLDYELLAR

best ad defo the one where the granny does the ramraid in the wheelchair thing , a fizzy drink it is Ironbru is it?

worst defo that bloody bank ad , would you like to go for a perambulation :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

whiskeyman wrote:
    C'mon people... best ads ever? You're only mentioning the past year or less!
    What about Smash?
    Shake n Vac?
    Whazzzup by Budweiser?
    Volkswagen Polo ads?
    Yellow Pages "'Fly Fishing' by JR Hartley" ad?
    The old Milky bar ads...
    The "Stop, Look and Listen" campaigns...
    The Drifter ads - "you catch my drift?"

I could go on and on :)

Ah a man after me own heart.

Going even further back;

The windolene ad - "Oi have you sussed new windolene plus..." :D

The Harp ads about the Vikings and Brian Boru "Ve came because ve heard about ze Harp"

Guiness ads; too many to mention...the guy on the surfboard, the ex-pats in the M. East "...where the stones are so hot you could fry an egg....if you had an egg" or the hallucinogenic one with "All the time in the world" by L. Armstrong playing.

Any of the Hamlet cigar ads.

The Honda ads...specifically the ones with the set piece of all the car parts forming a domino effect, or the "Hate something, change something" cartoon one.

Gotta love that current Singing in the Rain remix one for the VW Golf at the minute, but my favourite is one an American friend linked me to:

Nutrigrain ad
    :D

The negatives I couldn't even begin to start listing...maybe some other time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

There's one I particularly like.

There's a girl who wants to get a box that is on a shelf behind a photocopier and in order to get it she must kneel on the top of the photocopier and while she's in the process she hits the copy button, she is wearing a skirt too and fella happens to wander in.

Looks like she's photocopying her "special" area and I though it was hilarious.

just remembered that ad for i think FBD where the scumbag walks in to buy something and while the shop owners are looking at him getting into his car the old lady presses the no sale button on the register and takes the money

got me laughing.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭thegloriousend

HI! I'm Barry Scott and this is Cilit Bang! " Bang and the dirt is gone!"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

That Lemsip ad is brutal!

But know what else I hate - that Gaviscon ad (or however you spell it) - "WHAT A FEEEEELING!" with the cop and some guy does the splits in the air (that part really annoys me!!)

I love the Blaupunkt ad with the bunny and bear in the back of the car, he he :D

Oh and the Carlsberg ad - "would you like to use the baaaaathrooooom?" Bold old lady! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭Innervision

Sparky_S wrote:
    just remembered that ad for i think FBD where the scumbag walks in to buy something and while the shop owners are looking at him getting into his car the old lady presses the no sale button on the register and takes the money

got me laughing.:D

Ah love that one!
    On the subject of old ladies, I love the new one for the ice cream, where the family are eating dinner and the granny comes out with "he's not your real Dad, we never knew your Dad". Hilarious...
    Or the one a while back for Sprite, where the lady has a pet angel fish named Steven...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭Smileylynz

The Guinness ad from years ago, when the guys is just dancing about the place, i love that one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭Smileylynz

and I adore the christmas ads, the coca cola one and the budweiser one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭JackKelly

The snickers. "i can't stop trying to _____, ..... i can't get down". something like hat. It was hilarious.

• Advertisement

Ah love that one!
    On the subject of old ladies, I love the new one for the ice cream, where the family are eating dinner and the granny comes out with "he's not your real Dad, we never knew your Dad". Hilarious...
    Or the one a while back for Sprite, where the lady has a pet angel fish named Steven...

the skittles one where the granson is with the two grandparents and they both take skittles then the grandad starts scratching the record and the granny starts rapping and rips open her clothes, mush to the supprise and discust of the grandson.

funny:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭OLDYELLAR

Sparky_S wrote:
    the skittles one where the granson is with the two grandparents and they both take skittles then the grandad starts scratching the record and the granny starts rapping and rips open her clothes, mush to the supprise and discust of the grandson.

oh my god i nearly pissed my pants when i saw that ad!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Wertz wrote:
    Gotta love that current Singing in the Rain remix one for the VW Golf at the minute

I agree. In my opinion it is the greatest ad there has ever been or ever will be.
    http://ueba.net/go/2638

Honourable second place goes to the 'I'm Batman!' ad for Snickers.

Pigman II wrote:
    I agree. In my opinion it is the greatest ad there has ever been or ever will be.

Such an amazingly good ad (singing in the rain)

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭Innervision

Anybody seen the Terry Tate ad for Reebok?

Anybody seen the Terry Tate ad for Reebok?

now thats good :D

Pigman II wrote:

that ad always cheered me up, and i love the car, i want one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭beller b

The best ones are the banned ones
    http://gofish.com/detail.html?gfid=17-7761

beller b wrote:
    The best ones are the banned ones
    http://gofish.com/detail.html?gfid=17-7761

thats like something a student had to make, but its priceless.

• Advertisement

Advertisement