Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harrassing Ex-Girlfriend

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

Woohooo!!!!!!

Serves the trollop right, glad ya went to the gardai about it, hopefully now she'll get the message!

Well, tiz either she gets the message or she's in for a beating from the boys in blue!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭cordelia

Good man.

You may still hear from her again in a few days/weeks when she thinks things have died down. Remember, she's not mentally stable so she's not thinking logically.

Be sure to keep ANY text messages and records of phone calls she makes. Even if they're nice or apologetic.

Make sure to still change your mobile phone number. Refuse to talk to her at all either on your home phone or in person. Any type of conversation may rekindle her and start the harrassment all over again.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

Going to the cops was the right thing to do, I hope she takes the hint and leaves you alone. Tbh she sounds like a complete and utter nutjob.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭In_the_sea

Yeah well mobile did u do something to annoy her? u cheat on her? maybe u have really emotionally upset her.. thats why shes like this. You should explain to her that you still want to be friends and that and she might cool off. You can understand how someone feels when they#re dumped and when they see who dumped them going around with some1 else they get upset. You have to clear the air because you gotta change her style of thinking and you wont have to go to the gards.
    Are you ignoring her or something? If so, shes resorting to using "serious" threats and tactics to getting your attention and getting your rejection of her off her chest!
    Shes obviously suffering too, you mightnt realise it but she is. She wont get sympathy by the way shes carrying on but shes still going thru **** and she needs help. Lets get this straight, why did yiz break up?
    :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

nice one mobile
    did you take his name in case she continues with it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

In_the_sea wrote:
    Yeah well mobile did u do something to annoy her? u cheat on her? maybe u have really emotionally upset her.. thats why shes like this. You should explain to her that you still want to be friends and that and she might cool off. You can understand how someone feels when they#re dumped and when they see who dumped them going around with some1 else they get upset. You have to clear the air because you gotta change her style of thinking and you wont have to go to the gards.
    Are you ignoring her or something? If so, shes resorting to using "serious" threats and tactics to getting your attention and getting your rejection of her off her chest!
    Shes obviously suffering too, you mightnt realise it but she is. She wont get sympathy by the way shes carrying on but shes still going thru **** and she needs help. Lets get this straight, why did yiz break up?
    That's no excuse for acting like a total and utter psychopathic maniac! Even if he did do something "to annoy her", how does that give her the right to threaten to stab him over 200 times?!

Mobile - I think you should steer well clear of her. That way, she can't say that you approached her after you went to the gardai about it. Who knows what's going on in her twisted little head, and I'm sure you don't really wanna find out either!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

In_the_sea wrote:

As someone said below, whatever my behaviour it hardly gives her the right to threaten me and my girlfriend so often and so crudely. Believe me I tried clear the air, I even went to lengths to say "Please, can't we still be friends? Why do you have to hate me so much?" I wanted to still be her friend, but all she kept saying was "I hate you", "Your a prick", etc....this in itself I found wierd, to be honest when we were going out we got on fantastically, she was a lovely girl at the time. Even after the break up, I wanted to be nice to her, and be a friend if she so desired. However, she not only seemed to suddenly hate me overnight, she turned into what could be mistaken for an escaped mental admittance.

I'm not going to lie,yes, I did cheat on her once BUT I got drunk and kissed a girl, but I seriously regretted it so much, I told her straight away, she was upset but we got over it and I did my best to be a great boyfriend. The break up was months and MONTHS after this unfortunate incident. Reason we broke up? I found out one normal day, she was two timing me behind my back for weeks, with an actual friend. (yeah I know, some friend). A break up followed. This cheating came out of the blue, and all the time she was with him she told me she loved me etc, and she juggled time between both of us...

So thats it really. After the break up, nothing happened. Odd bit of contact. I said I forgave her and would still be her friend. She said thanks. Then nothing....few months later, she start texting me saying I ruined her life, I'm going to pay, shes going to kill me, and other nasty stuff. Then when I got a new girlfriend, she started threatening, and much more.

I think honestly she's just one of those troubled teenager types. I've known her since she was 16 and she was always a bit odd at times, prone to depression. I understand she might need help, but at the same time it does not justify the terror she is instilling in my girlfriend and the threats she throws around..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Gilgamesh

not trying to imply anything, but did she get pregnant, or catch something during the time she was sleeping around and is trying to put the blame on you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

I understand she might need help, but at the same time it does not justify the terror she is instilling in my girlfriend and the threats she throws around..

Yer right ... I would say she is depressed and angry and lashing out at an easy person to blame. The thing to remember is that that is not your problem. You don't have some great responsibility to make her happy or to "fix" her. That is up to herself and possibly her family. You went out with her, now you don't. End of your roll in her life. Forget about her, she needs to sort herself out, and move one.

Hopefully she won't contact you again, but even if she contacts you and tries to be all nice and friendly don't have anything to do with her. She is trying to manipulate you to make herself feel better. It didn't work by threatening you, she will probably try it with the whole "lets be friends" thing now. She wants to use you as a crutch to make herself feel better, either by hating you or possibly later on by using you for support (seen this happen to a friend of mine, one minute he hates her, the next he "really needs her").

Bottom line you have no responsibility to help fix her life. Don't have anything more to do with her, either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Praetorian

I'm glad you followed everyones advice about going to the Gardaí. There is nothing worse than a bitter monster of an ex girl friend!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭In_the_sea

Mobile I think you should be wary of her in all honesty. She is not right. I knw im sad, but did you see eastenders with that one sarah from it who tried to kill sonia? well sarah sounds like mobiles ex! shes f$ckin nuts!

Advertisement