Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scum in Tramore over the bank holiday weekend

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭bug

yeah it is lovely. the walk along the cliff was lovely. the cannons and all along till you reached the harbour and then the cove if you went further.

I love the place as it holds fantastic memories for me.

I did notice that the far end of the beach towards brownestown head, got really mucky and full of litter,whereas years ago it used to be a fairly unused part of the beach, only the donkey :) and surfers went there.

I have to say Im fairly ashamed to call myself a dub after all the sh** that has been caused down there.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Tramore is lovely still in the Winter - its just in the summer when tourists come and take the place over. Drinking on the Doneraile till the cows come home, leaving a mess behind, being abusive, theft and vandilsm. Happens every year. Im sorry to say it, but these tourists are mainly dubs and there are very little foreign or other county's coming here to cause trouble..

A lot of development has happened in Tramore, but a lot of good development has happened to. The Beach has always been a problem, I can never understand why people never just bring a bag and fill it up with there rubbish and place it in a bin.

Ah well. There actually seems to be an increased Garda present in Tramore, noticed last night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

a late reaction. how long will it last?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Sully04 wrote:
    Tramore is lovely still in the Winter - its just in the summer when tourists come and take the place over.

Thats true, I lived in Tramore as lad from 74-81. Mind you it was proberly too quiet back then! The summers in town (I lived up Newtown direction where it was always quiet) were noisy but not mad, the D 24 on Tour negative vibe seems to have built up in the last dozen years or so. I guess they can't find anywhere to stay in Courtown...(which as I understand it has been completly ruined by rapid development for the "weekenders").

Mike.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Jeez, I didnt hear anything of what happened in Tramore at the weekend and
    I'm from the place... but now living in Dublin and only home a one or two
    weekends a month..

I used to work in a well known small hotel near the arcades for 5 years and
    the scum of the earth that used to go into that place during the summer was
    unbelieveable.. talk about the rejects if society.. :rolleyes:

Seems to me that their kids are now back on the scene, only slightly bigger..
    And acting like their parents used to.. wouldnt ya love to lock those f**kers
    up and throw away the key, or maybe lock em in a big cage and throw em off
    newtown head into the bay.. :mad:

Tox

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭DéiseGirl

ToxicPaddy wrote:

I used to work in a well known small hotel near the arcades for 5 years and
    the scum of the earth that used to go into that place during the summer was
    unbelieveable.. talk about the rejects if society.. :rolleyes:
    Tox

On holidays on their Vincent de Paul money as well no doubt. One day when I was working in Super Valu, this old hag came in with her kids and tried to pay for her booze etc with Dunnes vouchers. She was told we couldn't accept them so she was digging in her purse for change and then when she saw she wouldn't have enough she left bread and milk behind and kept the booze (had enough for 20 "John player blue" as well funnily enough :rolleyes: ). Now before anyone starts flaming me for being inconsiderate towards the "less well off members of our society", I do have sympathy for people who are trapped in horrible areas, with no prospects BUT I just don't consider booze and fags to be necessities. :mad:

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Mike; Yup I live up that direction to. We are at peace up there, its down around where all the trouble is. One of the Hotels down there lets anyone one and another bar lets all under-agers in and never asks for ID!

ToxicPaddy; Am I right on saying the Hotel name being with an "O"? :P

I blame the law for all this -- I think the government are not caring about the problems of society and the problems in the Gardai, the government are not giving the man power or the money to the Gardai so they can enforce the law.

DéiseGirl; Chancers eh? They choose drink over milk. Interesting choice! Is this Super Value in Tramore? Id prob know you, most of my friends work down there. I did but I left cause of managment (tho the prick left now thank god) and the pay.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭chillywilly

i thought ToxicPaddy was talking about a hotel beginning, and ending in "s"??!!

i thought ToxicPaddy was talking about a hotel beginning, and ending in "s"??!!

By the Aracades? I cant think of any... Theres hotels begining with "o", "m" and "g"...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭chillywilly

lol..."o" "m" "g" = oh my god....annnnnyway.......

sands hotel?

• Advertisement

lol..."o" "m" "g" = oh my god....annnnnyway.......

sands hotel?

LOL. Why didnt I think of that. I didnt think they accepted such a rough crowd? I was thinking more along the lines of OSheas..

Sully04 wrote:
    DéiseGirl; Chancers eh? They choose drink over milk. Interesting choice! Is this Super Value in Tramore? Id prob know you, most of my friends work down there. I did but I left cause of managment (tho the prick left now thank god) and the pay.

Haven't worked there for a couple of years now so I'd say I'm a bit older than you. Judging by some of your other posts though, I think I might have been in school with your sister :D

I outlasted a fair few managers in that shop, got on like a house on fire with the current manager but the trainees could be right little feckers. :rolleyes:

Ah no dont say u got on well with Tommy Hunt? Christ save us all.

Anywho, what makes u think u may have been in school with my sister? oOo

Sully04 wrote:
    Ah no dont say u got on well with Tommy Hunt? Christ save us all.

Anywho, what makes u think u may have been in school with my sister? oOo

Guessing that your surname is O Sullivan and then put 2+2 together from a couple of other things you said. Of course I could have come up with 5 :D

I did like Thomas to be honest but I know a lot of people didn't. I didn't have much to do with him as I was on checkouts when he was a manager. His younger brothers worked there as well when I left and they used to allowed go home early to watch matches etc.. Bit unfair. :confused:

I worked at the Deli and Butcher. He used to make us leave exactly when the place closed (and only given 5mins to clean the place down) and if we didnt have the stuff finished he never cared. Tho the next morning id get in trouble for it - thats unfair imo! Thank **** hes gone, god bless the people at the new shop!

Sully04 wrote:
    I worked at the Deli and Butcher. He used to make us leave exactly when the place closed (and only given 5mins to clean the place down) and if we didnt have the stuff finished he never cared. Tho the next morning id get in trouble for it - thats unfair imo! Thank **** hes gone, god bless the people at the new shop!

That sux! :mad: Imagine leaving a butcher's place dirty. when I worked those guys were amongst the last to leave most nights....Then again, the shop stays open so late now managers could be there 15 hours in a day easily...talk about sad :rolleyes:

Advertisement