Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scum in Tramore over the bank holiday weekend

Options
  • 31-07-2005 3:16pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hey,

Did anyone else hear about all the trouble being caused so far over the bank holiday weekend in Tramore? It kicked of on Friday, with the whole of the arcade area being a mob of people fighting. Apparently, the circus crowd (vegas) also got involved. A few stabings also. Galways Hill was closed of and The Storm and the Baldy Man had very tight security on the door that night. From living in a B&B and hearing news from the pub, that Saturday a lot of the tourists left for there own safety - saying Tramore was very dangerous and there were a lot of scum and trouble makers about the place.

I myself missed it all as I was working (in the Vic, up from down around). But, my grandmother played victim to this behaviour by the scum that came down. Not only did they kick in and rob most of the houses on the way up to Queen St. but at half 9 they broke into her pub by smashing in the two front doors, whilst she was there, and started to rob some drink (Budwiser and Vodka it seems). She walked in on top of them and shouted at them to leave - which they did pronto with one of them smashing a bottle of drink on the ground beside her.

The Gardai were called and two suspects were arrested around Train Hill. Both admited to receiving stolen drink, both refused to say who. That is all that I can say at present (Tramore people may have heard this already)..

Honest to god, what kind of a society are we living in?? Anyone who gets arrested will nearly always get let of easily - simply cause the judge's have a tendancy to leave them off.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I had'nt heard anything but I don't have'nt lived in Tramore since I was a lad and dont go out there either esp not on Bank Holliday weekends! The place is prolly full of Dubs. Is this part of what happened I wonder?

Mike.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

mike65 wrote:
    I had'nt heard anything but I don't have'nt lived in Tramore since I was a lad and dont go out there either esp not on Bank Holliday weekends! The place is prolly full of Dubs. Is this part of what happened I wonder?

Mike.

Indeed it is. But a lot worse happened from what im told!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

sorry to go OT

its a bank holiday weekend? i need to stay in touch with reality

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

So, your telling me, a Bank Holiday Weekend is the time to go and start stabbing and terrorising old 80 year old ladies, robbing shops and pubs, causing **** loads of trouble etc. ? Thats not reality. Thats stupiditiy.

Sully I think Mossy just did'nt know it was a Bank Holliday weekend...!

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

mike65 wrote:
    Sully I think Mossy just did'nt know it was a Bank Holliday weekend...!

Mike.

Same here, only realised on Friday :confused:

Ohhhh sorry \:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭chillywilly

tramore used to be such a nice place...my granny lived on pond rd, around the corner from train hill and i used to go every summer but then it was discovered by idiots, mostly from dublin....makes me ashamed to be a dub

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭ykt0di9url7bc3

Hands up - how many knew that Spraoi was on?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭chillywilly

not me....anything worth seeing?

• Advertisement

Sully04 wrote:
    So, your telling me, a Bank Holiday Weekend is the time to go and start stabbing and terrorising old 80 year old ladies, robbing shops and pubs, causing **** loads of trouble etc. ? Thats not reality. Thats stupiditiy.

you need to chill out. where i work we do English bank holidays so i didnt know there was one this weekend in Ireland

Mossy Monk wrote:
    you need to chill out. where i work we do English bank holidays so i didnt know there was one this weekend in Ireland

Sorry I mis understood you earlier - I thought you were saying that because it was a bank holiday - its normal and reality!

My appologises :\

no bother

Thought it was all over, but it kicked up again last night. Im getting the story of whats happening pretty clear now - it seems that the dubs are picking on the circus crowd (Circus Vegas) and probably trying to get of with the girls. This sparked of a fight between them and the dubs, with I believe, yet again 30 people involved throwing anything they can get there hands on (flower pots from local houses for example). Not many Gardai about to aid such a gang but I believe the Helicopter was out helping.

On Friday night one fella was stabbed in Riverstown. Then a fight happened outside Osheas Hotel with over 30 people (Dubs Vs. Circus crowd) invovled. Again, Gardai did make an attempt to control but what to do you expect with such a rough crowd? Later on, into the early morning, Dubs came and kicked in doors of private houses, robbed houses (and as said earlier, even my Grandmothers pub) etc.

Supprised the press didnt take some shots, WLR didnt say much apart from Gardai are "looking for witnesses" to the events which caused damage to peoples car in the early morning.

I think its time for a "D Plate" toll on the N9 at the Granagh junction.

Its the same to a lesser or greater degree every August holliday weekend. You'd think the Gardai would be expecting the worst by now and being prepared accordingly. That said having the Spraoi on the same weekend must stretch them.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Tramore is a particalarly "dodgy" place during the Summer. Dubs come down with the mentality that they can do whatever they want as a break from their barely minimum wage employment. Thankfully my house is in a very quiet area in the centre of the town (near the library there), but I genuinely feel sorry for everyone who is a victim of this senseless crime!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭OLDYELLAR

I was on the Dublin to waterford bus friday evening , the bus was full of dublin knacks , I said to the bf messin , jesus is there some kind a knack fest on in waterford this weekend , he goes yea spraoi , suddenly it all made sense.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Sully04 wrote:
    Supprised the press didnt take some shots, WLR didnt say much apart from Gardai are "looking for witnesses" to the events which caused damage to peoples car in the early morning.

Doesn't surprise me, they do the same in Kilkenny in the Kilkenny People

After all you don't want to scare people/tourists away, so best not to make a big thing of it :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭daithi

What you need, is a donation of semtex from the IRA (they wont need it now anyway) Then you hold a free rave in some suitably large building, advertise cheap vodka, loose women, cheap cider, etc.

Then blow the place up - problem solved
    Sure a few people would be upset, but think of the cleansed gene pool. Kilkenny gets it pretty bad alright, John St is taken over by dubs every weekend, and the rest of kilkenny try hide down the other side of the river :) well i do anyway. But we dont get violence of that scale, it could be that the beach and campsites = cheap place to stay and handy knacker drinking, put together = scum heaven
    Cops should try for greater visability, its not like they did not expect it the second night, I could understand them being caught out the first night, but i suppose spraoi would require lots of cops too, and lets face it, waterford city centre on a saturday night can be pretty rough with normal crouds.

The amount of underagers openly drinking in center of town lastnight was a bloody joke and I only saw one cop...I won't even get started on the amount of rubish kleft about the place :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭neon_glows

i was walking home the other night and to be honest the dubs are really bad and so are the circus lot from what i hear but i didnt expect to see what i did, a bunch of tramore lads ranging from 17 to 21 running down the road with sticks and some fairly big, knifes and bats and other weapons, where they were going or who they were afteri dont know, but scarey thing was some of these guys (older ones) i went to school with some of them and have even been friends at some stage with some of them or have mates who are friends with them,

i dont know it was late, maybe some were on drugs, i put my head down and walk out of the way incase they decide to make me there victim, id love to see these guys locked up, what they are doing makes no sense, some one could have died, a son or duaghter, a mother or father or a brother or sister, its gives tramore a bad name and even worse it gives humanity a bad name!

also to mention bout the scum, i was in storm standing with two of my mates, there was seats behind us (we are all from tramore and sometimes drink there) there was an empty table no coats or drinks on it, we were told by a few dubs that we werent allowed sit there, they were for there friends. Jees like, we eventually found somewhere to sit, two dublin girls were already at the table, i asked cud we sit and they said yeah, after about 20 minutes i decided after sitting beside one of these girls it was rude to not make a little conversation, nothing intended, i leaned over and said hey ye must be on holiday or something along the lines, point blan ignored me said yeah as if i was an out and out wierdo and looked away, like holf **** you know.

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭DéiseGirl

Sully04 wrote:
    Hey,

Did anyone else hear about all the trouble being caused so far over the bank holiday weekend in Tramore? It kicked of on Friday, with the whole of the arcade area being a mob of people fighting. Apparently, the circus crowd (vegas) also got involved. A few stabings also. Galways Hill was closed of and The Storm and the Baldy Man had very tight security on the door that night. From living in a B&B and hearing news from the pub, that Saturday a lot of the tourists left for there own safety - saying Tramore was very dangerous and there were a lot of scum and trouble makers about the place.

I myself missed it all as I was working (in the Vic, up from down around). But, my grandmother played victim to this behaviour by the scum that came down. Not only did they kick in and rob most of the houses on the way up to Queen St. but at half 9 they broke into her pub by smashing in the two front doors, whilst she was there, and started to rob some drink (Budwiser and Vodka it seems). She walked in on top of them and shouted at them to leave - which they did pronto with one of them smashing a bottle of drink on the ground beside her.

The Gardai were called and two suspects were arrested around Train Hill. Both admited to receiving stolen drink, both refused to say who. That is all that I can say at present (Tramore people may have heard this already)..

Honest to god, what kind of a society are we living in?? Anyone who gets arrested will nearly always get let of easily - simply cause the judge's have a tendancy to leave them off.

Sounds delightful :mad: :mad: Hope your grandmother is okay Sully. I am hardly ever home these days so I don't hear the half of it, coupled with the fact that my father retired from the guards a few years ago. Used to hear a bit more insider info then if you know what I mean ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,272 ✭✭✭merlante

I often see the hordes of Ballymun (Dublin knackerville) scumbags coming down to Tramore via Waterford during the summer. You'd swear they were in ****ing England with the way they behave, like they're hundreds of miles away on a foreign holiday. They have a real, "I'm on holiday and I can't wait to smash up the place," kind of attitude. They get pissed and shout and drink on the train, thinking they're the first group of knackers to have the idea, when every group that comes down seems to be a carbon copy of the last.

Tramore should have extra cops in the summer, and the place is getting so big anyway. You can't even take a walk down the sandhills without getting your car robbed anymore!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

neon_glows wrote:
    maybe some were on drugs

:rolleyes:

Why do people always use that as an excuse for people acting in a violent or anti-social manner. It is statistically proven that it's people under the influence of alcohol that tend to cause trouble rather than people taking drugs.

B.

i take it your a druggie so, its also a well known fact that alcohol is a drug, and any substance that is a class A drug can cause an individual to carry out actions such as murder or gbh unlike they would in any other situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

neon_glows wrote:
    i take it your a druggie so, its also a well known fact that alcohol is a drug, and any substance that is a class A drug can cause an individual to carry out actions such as murder or gbh unlike they would in any other situation.
    How very mature of you. :rolleyes:
    neon_glows wrote:
    its also a well known fact that alcohol is a drug
    It is indeed, but in everyday use, who equates being under the influence of drugs as being drunk?
    neon_glows wrote:
    and any substance that is a class A drug can cause an individual to carry out actions such as murder or gbh unlike they would in any other situation.
    That may be so. However, people under the influence of alcohol are responsible for far more acts of violence than people under the influnce of drugs. That's a fact!

I just didn't like your "Evening Herald" "It must be the drugs!!!" style of sensationalism. It's inaccurate.

B.

BaZmO*; Neon kinda has a point. Its also proven, AFAIK, that people on drugs do cause just as much trouble as those drunk. It just depends on what type of drug, how much consumed and is it a mix.

In my opinion, id say over Tramore it was a mix of being pissed and stonned.

Lets not get into a debate about "Drugs are not as bad, Drink is worse" please!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭bug

Pity about what happened to Tramore. My family used to go down in the seventies and early eighties. Before it was "known". We stopped going down when it turned into Tallaght on Tour. Such a pity. Was a fantastic spot.

The last time I was there (just popped by whilst in Waterford) I couldnt believe how dirty it had become and the lack of respect people had for the beach.
    Its kind of sad really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,272 ✭✭✭merlante

bug wrote:
    Pity about what happened to Tramore. My family used to go down in the seventies and early eighties. Before it was "known". We stopped going down when it turned into Tallaght on Tour. Such a pity. Was a fantastic spot.

The last time I was there (just popped by whilst in Waterford) I couldnt believe how dirty it had become and the lack of respect people had for the beach.
    Its kind of sad really.

In fairness, it still is a great spot. The people of Tramore do a lot of work to try and keep it clean, but it's a loosing battle during the summer I'd say.

In fairness, back in the day (the 80's) everyone threw their rubbish all over the place, because they didn't know any better, but now everywhere else has managed to clean up their acts and it looks comparatively worse.

The worse thing about it is that it's always some crowd on holiday that **** the place up.

Advertisement