Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Time

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭Skip

Le Rack wrote:
    okay, I know theres compliments in there I just don't understand them, could you gimmie a hand??? (gawd I feel stupid)

its thematic connotive aspects
    Thematic = of what your primary topic in the poem is. For example, if I write a poem about Edam cheese, my thematic concern may be how this fine cheese is processed from milk into cheese. Its connotive aspects may entail all the various things this topic (i.e. the making of Edam cheese) makes you think of, albeit thematically unrelated: starting from Dutch cows, through Dutch girls, to "cheese on your nose" and the like.

Le Rack wrote:
    masculinity in the mono-syllalbic nature of the rhyming itself
    Masculine rhymes are those rhymes which are stressed, so they are, most notably, strong rhymes. E.g. in your poem, a masculine rhyme would be "knew/grew". Compare them with feminine rhymes, which are unstressed, therefore, naturally weak, e.g. "greying/wonders" in your work. In the case of a non-mainstream poetic recital the reader may try to change the stress in the rhymes, emphasizing the weak syllable in the rhyme, making it "masculine" (butch rhyme), or deemphasizing the strong syllable, thus making it "feminine" (queen rhyme).

Le Rack wrote:
    equivocal element
    That element which expresses the author's deliberate indecision about a certain theme, question, or issue, for example, being equivocal about the benefit of cheese.

Le Rack wrote:
    the esoteric
    Most often the esoteric refers to the metaphor of the Moon seen as cheese.

Le Rack wrote:
    as you can see I am far from a poetry expert myself....
    Never mind, you don't have to analyze your own poem anyway :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Le Rack

thank you so much! That makes so much more sense!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭Custom22

Skip wrote:
    Most often the esoteric refers to the metaphor of the Moon seen as cheese.

:D:D:D:D

Advertisement