Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"I Love You"......

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,336 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

The correct answer is "If you love me you'll give me a blow job"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,828 ✭✭✭ven0m

The correct answer is "If you love me you'll give me a blow job"

I'm blessed with a woman who never needs telling..... :D

::: ven0mous :::

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭yossarin

after 7 years with my girlfriend i response to it with: "thats nice.thanks very much"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Don't say it unless you mean it. I've been cornered into saying it once in the past - bad idea. It gets to be a real pain.

i don't understand why you didnt say "I love you" back. Is it because you don't love her? Then why are you with her then?

not neccessarily. Its a commitment the same as marriage to say to someone you love them. Your either ready for it or not. Just because you dont feel ready to say it doesnt say your in it for the fun of it. it takes time to evaluate how you feel about someone.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,945 ✭✭✭BEAT

well venom, glad to see you havnt been around CW for a good reason ;)
    I knew you'd move on.
    you can love someone and not be in love with them, make sure they know the difference when your saying it ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭dragona

yossarin wrote:
    after 7 years with my girlfriend i response to it with: "thats nice.thanks very much"

Crumbs - 7 YEARS????? Seven years with someone, and you don't feel strongly enough to say you love her? Very very odd. Has she ever asked you outright to say if you do or not?

After 7 years you think you 'd know whether you loved someone or not - if you do why not say it, it would make her feel great, and if you don't what on earth are you still together for????

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭CathyMoran

Personally I think that the words "I love you" are overused. Certainly I say to my brother and parents that I love them every day but in the context of relationships it is far better to say them when they are really meant. When I was younger those words were easier to say so it was easy to loose sight of what they really mean, then I fell in love and I knew the difference between loving someone as a friend and being in love. Now when I say them I get a lump in my throat but I mean it from my heart - if I say it to someone and they do not say it back I respect them for that decision and similarly if they say it and I do not respond I hope that they will not take offense. So, to OP I do think that you should only utter those words when you mean them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 607 ✭✭✭DAEDULUS

i don't understand why you didnt say "I love you" back. Is it because you don't love her? Then why are you with her then?

Maybe because he wants access to sex? Are you saying he shouldnt go out with this girl because he doesnt love her? Thats just silly,if you were going out with a super hot model..would you actually say to her if she told you she loved you,'I'm sorry,I dont love you - we cant be together' hell no!,maybe if she did your head in but whats the harm in a relationship that you know isnt going to last years...99% of relationships are like that anyway...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 neadla

I think the fact that you got down to business with her, gives her the message that you love her too. i could be wrong, but I doubt it. How has she been with you after that episode? I think if you love her too, it's good for you, but I think you're just a little confused at the moment. Guys have a tough time dealing with their emotions, girls on the other hand find it easier.

Hope you two work it out,

neadla

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

same happened to me a week ago, luckily shes away for the summer and said it over the phone...the ol 'we'll talk when ya get back' line saved me

• Registered Users Posts: 45,558 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Her: "I love you."

You: "I know."

Always trust in Star Wars. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭Chick

neadla wrote:
    I think the fact that you got down to business with her, gives her the message that you love her too.
    True but she's probably going to start to wonder if every time she says it and you just jump her! :) You really, honestly did do the best thing though by not lying to her just for the sake of saying something back, because that hurts.

Consequently, how long have people been in relationships before telling someone, or being told "I love you"?

Best of luck, hope it works out alright :o

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭yossarin

dragona wrote:
    After 7 years you think you 'd know whether you loved someone or not - if you do why not say it, it would make her feel great, and if you don't what on earth are you still together for????

we're both masochists. we love it!

Advertisement