Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dad dying

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

fantastic news dawn :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭AllMessedUp

glad 2 hear that...Went tru same thing about 3 years ago. Ive said a prayer for him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Gilgamesh

good to hear DawnMc, hope everything goes well no too.
    All the best and good luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 539 ✭✭✭DawnMc

Thanks lads,
    must buy u all pints

• Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭Tobias Greeshman

I nearly lost my father last year in a similar situation, he had to have a very serious op... So I can empathise with how you feel. Hope it all works out!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Excellent news :) Best of luck to yourself and all your family.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 37,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Wootz! Great news. Hope everything goes well. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭Femelade

thats brilliant Dawn, hope things continue to get better.
    keep us updated on the progress...

ye're in my prayers girlie.

Thanks to u all! To those who read my post about my ex, here's the update. I told him about Dad and he's was so supportive but on the phone to him, I realised I haven't any real feelings for him at all. I got a letter from him today that he posted on Fri (before the whole Dad situation) and he's really mixed up.
    I know this sounds self-centred but it seems everything goes wrong for me!

1. Dad might not make it
    2. I have my finals in two weeks
    3. ex-boyf might be gay for all I know
    4. Friends not being very supportive

So if any fine, charming and DEFINITELY not gay boardster from the Cork area would like to treat me like a princess, do let me know as I'M GOING INSANE!!!!!!!!! (hmmm.... attractive....insanity.....)

Femmy - will PM u soon with full update

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

I'm sorry about all thats happened to you, Dawn but you are not the only one with problems and other people have gone through a lot more than this and lived to tell the tail so dont let it get you down too much. Put it this way. Your Dad is on the mend, You can always repeat your exams, there's millions more guys out there and if your friends arent there for you then they obviously arent REAL friends so go join some clubs and meet more. Stop thinking the glass is half empty x x x G'Luck with it all x x x

• Advertisement

Thanks girl but it IS ok to feel down so I'm not gonna start thinking I'm so much more better off than others as it's really not true!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭Sifo

hey dawn, thats great news, prayers have been answered, don't worry about the little things, you can always sit your exams again, as for your boyfriend, forget him, get someone who will stand by you no matter what...

Thanks Sifo,
    I know thats true. I know I shouldn't even be thinking bout guys at the mo but it's easier to think about smaller things. I just wanna go out and get smashed drunk! Silly I know.
    We are really worried again at the mo, Dad had tests done and results out this evening. He is coughing up black smelly stuff and we're really worried. I can't go thru all this again - none of us can. We had just gotton over him being in a coma for over a month when all this kicked off again. It seems so unfair, he spent all his life helping people (social work) only to have critical illness three times. So unjust..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭Squirrel

I'm sorry to hear about your dad Dawn, I'm praying for you and your family. The same thing happened to my friend, the best thing he says is to keep busy, alcohol is a depressant so mightn't be one of the greatest ideas

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭AllMessedUp

dawnMc im really sorry ur Dads is ill. Hope he gets betr. All i can say is if he is the nice kind man u said he is, then you can see a little bit of u in him!! take care

Cheers! x

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭CathyMoran

Glad to hear that your dad is improving, even if there are some setbacks. Life does sometimes throw you more than one things at the same time - my thoughts are still with your family.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭galwaydude

Hi dawn,

Sorry to hear that dawn. I will say a little pray for your dad.I know how hard it is at the moment as my own mom has cancer and is having treatment. The best thing to do is cherish every day you have with your dad and like WWM said before tell him how much you love him. The most important things in life are your family.

Regarding your friends, thats terrible that you think that.Maybe its time to make new friends who actually give a toss about you.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

good luck, hope is all well!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭Sifo

Hey Dawn,

Your dad sounds like a good man, hope the tests come back with good news.. let us all know x

I know life can seem unfair but try not to think like that, it'll only make you feel worse.. what builds strenght and character is how you deal with whats thrown in your way....

• Advertisement

Hey all,
    Went to see Dad today. It makes me cry everytime I see him (and I don't cry easily!) He's so uncomfortable etc and I don't like the nurses in the CUH - they have some attitude about them. The Mercy is so much nicer.
    My mother is constantly screaming at me to study. What the **** is her problem? How the **** am I meant to study with Dad being so sick?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

She just wants the best for you, and I'm sure she's very upset at the moment aswell. He is her husband after all, she loves him, he's the man she chose to marry. It must be a very difficult time for her.

It is indeed a very hard time for her - for all of us. I am trying not to lose my temper - it's just so hard bottling it all up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭Skip

You don't have to bottle it all up, and posting here is part of dealing with it -- so just do whatever makes you feel better.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,485 ✭✭✭Red Alert

Hi Dawn,

Hope everything is still going ok. I think your mum is probably reacting the way most people would - you yourself are worrying about guys so I suppose it's reasonable to think she's worried about your study. Just tell her to back off a little, there's always repeats and exams aren't the end of the world. Your dad's lucky to have a girl like you and that's what really matters.

You've a good head on your shoulders and you seem to be overall coping quite well - keep strong.

R>A>

Once again THANK YOU ALL!!! Can't say it enough! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Another setback today lads, keep praying

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭galwaydude

im sorry dawn to hear that.It certainly is very tough but hopefully he will come through it.Stay positive !!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

I know it is tough. (more than I can imagine I know) but Hang in there :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭Tobias Greeshman

Thats awful, Im really sorry to hear that, but hopefully he'll pull through!!

Advertisement