Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Celebrity" You're a Star...

Options
  • 22-07-2005 1:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭

Happened to see this on the news tonight. As expected they've managed to pull in a few big names ;) .
    From what I could see, Amanda Brunker, Jimmy from Fair City, Gerri Maye from the Den, Last years Miss Ireland, another male presenter from a Saturday morning kids show, some guy I didn't recognise, Grainne Seoige's sister from TG4 and one more I can't think of.
    Linda Martin, Louis Walsh and Brendan O'Connor are judges.
    Does that sound enticing or what?!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭Cina

Um .. no?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭cashback

Cina wrote:
    Um .. no?

I was being sarcastic. It's kind of hard conveying it on screen alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

i'd rather chew on rusty staples tbh.

tman wrote:
    i'd rather chew on rusty staples tbh.

This I gotsa see. 5 euro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Oh good God say it isn't true :eek: Another reason not to pay the TV licence.

Even with Síle Seoige, I still won't watch it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Telefís

Yeah you will, and you know it ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭alleepally

I hate Amanda Brunker but with Sile in it, I'll have to watch...

oh, and I hate Louis Walshe too. Could he BE any more self satisfied and smug?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭robo

Another disastrous concoction from RTÉ!!! :eek:
    When will they learn...Amanda bloody Brunk-down-with-me!!! Can she sing as well as...um, well as well as whatever she does??!!!
    And the judges...an out of tune piano wouldn't even be afraid of playing in front of those lot!!! Although Brendan O'Connor will be good for the bit of comedy in between the singing!!!
    Does the winner get a career out of it??? :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

cashback wrote:
    Grainne Seoige's sister from TG4

Does that sound enticing or what?!

Em, yes! I'd probably watch a show about paint drying if she was in it.

BTW I've never watched regular 'You're a Star' but presumably theres the obligatory swimsuit round?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Telefís

Sorry to break it to you Pigman...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭weemcd

id bang Gerri Maye

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 VyKing

I know it gonna be kitch, but c'mon its Sile Seoige and Natasha Ni Garbheith (Miss Ireland!!) for fXXk sake on the same stage singing.

You're NOT going to see that again.

PS Sile has set up a website!!!! sileseoige.ie I think it'll be good craic - FXXkit - I'll probably even vote for her. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Well they're filming in the Stillorgen park Hotel so go there to protest, chuck tomatoes or drool... :rolleyes:

Just curious of course, not that I'd actually GO or anything :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

VyKing wrote:
    Just curious of course, not that I'd actually GO or anything :rolleyes:

Well they were filming there last week. My mate's sis works there. I could find out for if like you really wanted... :eek:

:D
    Larianne wrote:
    Well they were filming there last week. My mate's sis works there. I could find out for if like you really wanted... :eek:

I'm just kiddin. I'm sad but I'm not THAT SAD. (Not yet anyway). Mind you I have to wonder about my sanity when I'm still sending posts at 1:25 in the AM!!! Time to hit the sack I think - nite ALL.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Are they more famous then the Tabloid Love Island Celebs?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭BolBill

I think yer wan Sile Seoige is rotten , she looks cross eyed ???? Amanda Brunker , no there is a real woman !!!! (who has no talent at all, apart from an area between her neck and her waist)

See Linda Martin has gotten a makeover with her now sultry wavy hair - defo worth a watch.

Yes - Im crackers. :)

Or to put it in lay mans terms : there no accounting for taste

(I'd say this will make sense to BolloX Bill in particular :D ) and

YES YOU ARE CRACKERS!

Perhaps a little triste between Amanda and Linda would sort you out?

:eek:

VyKing wrote:
    Or to put it in lay mans terms : there no accounting for taste

(I'd say this will make sense to BolloX Bill in particular :D ) and

YES YOU ARE CRACKERS!

Perhaps a little triste between Amanda and Linda would sort you out?

:eek:

Glad you picked up on the real meaning of my name :)

Amanda and Linda, oh I'd never recover mate !!!! :) Roll on next month !!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭comet

Anyone watch it? It was fairly brutal, I see they changed the name from Celebrity to Charity! Amanda Brunker was looking well!! Did ye see the state of Linda Martin, she reminded me of the one from There's Something About Mary who was tanning her face using a reflective metal sheet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭eggshapedfred

well, brunker's out. thats two less reasons to watch the show...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

well, brunker's out. thats two less reasons to watch the show...

I always thought Brunker looked hot whenever I saw her in pix but I have to say she looked fairly rotten 'in the flesh' on that show. Big disappointment!

Oh sorry I forgot I'm meant to be watching this show for musical appreciation or charadee or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭comet

I thought she looked well that first night, not last night though. What about that other one Natasha Nic Gairbheith last night!!

Yeah what a set of pins, bandy as they are :)

Amandas gone, no point in watching anymore really. I still think yer wan Sile is rotten.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,546 ✭✭✭Enii

I think Linda looks like she has had a face lift..............Anyone else think so?

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭WezzyB

I've been to all the shows at the Helix so far, pretty sad huh! (My gf works for one of the charities involved).
    The only thing that is remotely entertaining is Brendan O'Connor, he really got under Louis skin last night.
    I do think that Linda Martin looks a bit like Lassie, I really should attach an image of both to see if you could tell which is which.

VOTE ****! to 53600 :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭WezzyB

Lord7_small.jpg
    Linda Martin

lmartin.jpg
    Lassie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 368 ✭✭Maynooth

Ah it's all for charity people. Lay off. I think that Liam guy is way too good for the show, he should get a record deal.

I hate Louis Walsh even more now, such a tosspot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,537 ✭✭✭Downtime

Article in the Indo today about the backstage 'hates' like Brendan O'Connor and Linda Martin and Twink and everyone. Did Linda Martin get a nip tuck?

Advertisement