Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elan share price on the up!!

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

thanks alot i will check out those sites, end of the day if it even falls it will rise at somestage.and if it goes to 20-30 they u can make alot of profit.thats the risk involved in anything.i think this drug is going to suceed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭dunkamania

drdre wrote:
    i think this drug is going to suceed

why???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

dunkamania i just have a feeling it will succeed as elan wonot want to go downhill like last time.anyway i will research it before i invest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 irishunion.com

drdre wrote:
    dunkamania i just have a feeling it will succeed as elan wonot want to go downhill like last time.anyway i will research it before i invest.

drdre i'm also interested to invest a few k . If you have 5k and buy shares in elan or Radison SAS you'll pay the normal price per share.
    But if you have €3 billion you can negociate the price you want to pay for a share. Correct? But i know by the sound of it, you don't have €3 billion, or enough to buy Elan. I also have a friend who wants to invest some money. I propose to make a team and find other ppl interested to invest some money, and buy a company or start one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 irishunion.com

Well if there is anybody interested to invest toghether as part of a team, please PM me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭kluivert

And Elan keep going up and up.

Economic law that what goes up will come down again.

Lifecycle of a business is the key in comparsion with the lifecycle of the industry.

keep an eye on Elan for an updates on new products to be realised on the market very soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Selik

kluivert wrote:
    keep an eye on Elan for an updates on new products to be realised on the market very soon.

Hmmm... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭pmk19

kluivert wrote:
    And Elan keep going up and up.

Economic law that what goes up will come down again.

Lifecycle of a business is the key in comparsion with the lifecycle of the industry.

....go on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Selik

daveirl wrote:
    This post has been deleted.

Good point!!! If you invest for a long enough period of time and are prepared to slug out the (possible)lows and downturns you will come through it at the end alot better off...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭dunkamania

Check out this article on the most overpriced stocks in the US

http://biz.yahoo.com/ms/060113/153588.html

Below is the section on Elan

Elan ADR (NYSE:ELN - News)
    Price/fair value ratio: 533%
    From the Analyst Report: "Elan is a broken company desperately trying to fix itself. Its success requires Tysabri's return to the market, but even then, the company faces an uphill path to become cash flow positive (let alone stay that way). We have incorporated some of the risks into our fair value estimate, but we would still require a hefty margin of safety before investing."

Do people still think Elan is a good buy?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

Thought id give this a bump.

I have €1500 to "gamble". Is elan worth a shot or would I be just throwing money down the toilet? Its trading around €12 ATM.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭Blackjack

Thought id give this a bump.

I have €1500 to "gamble". Is elan worth a shot or would I be just throwing money down the toilet? Its trading around €12 ATM.

I don't see it rising too much from current levels unless there are changes to how Tysabri is used. It's currently under some restrictions, however it's expected to seel reasonably well.

You may be better off looking elsewhere for investment for now, I think it's made all it's gains for a while.

Advertisement