Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with Xbox Live.

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

derv wrote:
    can you get just a subscription on it's own ?

that's all i need as i have the live kit etc.

where is the best place to get it ?

They subscription on its own is 59.99 if you pay online, or one of the starter packs which you can get for 60 which I've seen in Game and Exravision, but you get the headset with that as well anyway. Just means that you have a spare I guess.

But if they still have them you should get the starter pack that comes with Fifa2005 as that was only 45 in the Game in Liffey Valley at the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,248 ✭✭✭derv

jeez i didn't know that.
    i will go down and have a look so...
    wouldn't be a big fan of fifa but i could always sell the game.

cheers for the help.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

derv wrote:
    jeez i didn't know that.
    i will go down and have a look so...
    wouldn't be a big fan of fifa but i could always sell the game.

cheers for the help.

You might even be able to sell it back to Game the next day as a preowned one once you taken the 2 month trial out of it. ;)

robinph wrote:
    You might even be able to sell it back to Game the next day as a preowned one once you taken the 2 month trial out of it. ;)

nice one!
    thanks for the help mate.

i knew it could not be as simple as they make out!! :mad:

got the live kit and subscription etc today.
    set averything up... and expected to be playing Halo2 live right now.

BUT NO.......

"xbox live cannot be found"
    read through all the stuff they provide on the web and in the booklet.
    then rang cust care.

supposedly i gotta set the MTU value on the router to 1500.

anyone able to help .... ?
    i'm on eircom broadband with the netopia router

• Advertisement

I didn't have to change any settings on my router to get connected, just plugged it all in and away I went.

Is it that you are looking for where to change the setting from? Can you even access the routers configuration pages?

not sure how to to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭Cucullan

Has anyone played Pro Evo 4 on Xbox Live? Is there much slowdown?

robinph wrote:

legend
    thanks mate.

• Advertisement

got everything set up there.

love it!!
    i would have called myself farly handy at halo2 and i was proven very very wrong just now.
    they seemed to have a lot more weapons though. and i only had the crao ap default gun every time.
    also when i went for a match up i kept getting the same level every time.

gimme some tips people.....

I think I may be the wrong person for tips on Halo as all I've been doing on it so far is running round like a lunatic flinging grenades every where and getting killed considerable more ovften than anyone else around. But for some reason that I still have not figured out, even though I've been coming last, or second from last in pretty much every game I've played so far, it still keeps on moving my rank up. :confused:

Still good fun though. :)

But if you want some easy kills against me then my gamer tag is 'Spideog'.

could they be using cheats in the levels?
    because at the start they say in the game that the weapons are map default

and there is no way that the weapons they have are map default.
    and i get stuck with the neddler!

i will give you a shout for a game at the weekend so,
    mine is "dervgatremag"

when i am in the middle of a game on love it just cuts out ,

it looses the connection.....

plug every thing out and back in again and it's fine for 5 minutes then it's gone again.

anyone ever head of this ?
    please help

Advertisement