Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why do Knackers have more rights than us?

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Despatch wrote:
    Do the government know where they built the bungalows for them or did the 'members' put them up on wheels and tow them off somewhere?
    The latter clearly :rolleyes:

Seriously though, I was referring to those without fixed abodes. As I said. So that's ones without bungalows, et cetera. How do taxes work in such cases?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭Shabadu

[someguy] wrote:
    Don't give leeches a bad name, pikeys are more like a virus. Just hope they don't infect an area near you!

Now all we need is a cure. . .
    What is a 'pikey'?

EDIT: re-read your post. I presume it means a traveller.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭Firewalkwithme

ixoy wrote:
    The latter clearly :rolleyes:

Seriously though, I was referring to those without fixed abodes. As I said. So that's ones without bungalows, et cetera. How do taxes work in such cases?

Well let's see, they've no address so they can't pay tax yet they can still claim the dole. How about if you have no address then you don't get the dole? If they want to screw the state over, it can work both ways. There's always fingerprint scanning technology that could be used to verify people's identities if they had no address.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

ixoy wrote:
    ID Cards, and a fully integrated governmental system.
    You don't need a fixed abode to be issued with a PPSN. You ID the guy, if he has he card, you do a background check. Revenue report wanting to speak to this guy re: his income, so the Gardai quietly make a note of where he is, and the next day the revenue arrive down with some Gardai and start asking questions. If he has no ID card, you arrest him, take him down the station, fingerprint/retina scan him to get his PPSN, or issue him with a new one and an ID card if he hasn't got a PPSN.

And so on.

Or the Government could just cut off their social welfare, which I think is the most logical course of action. If you can get social welfare, there's no reason why you can't pay tax, and vice-versa. If you choose not to be involved in this nation's financial system, then you can piss off and earn your money yourself as far as I'm concerned.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Banned Bob Bogart extreme racism.
    Banned Sam1 and whoever else for personal abuse.
    Thread locked, bitch about travellers somewhere else, this forum is for intellectual discussion.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement