Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why do Knackers have more rights than us?

• 19-07-2005 1:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 40

They are given new purpose built bungalows, they pay no tax, vihical or Paye, they buy new cars with cash and the revenue commissioner askes no questions, they claim the dole and are not asked if they are activley looking for employment, normal people are, they regularly break the law, litter, burn out cars outside their new bugalows, and when questioned they claim discrimination because they are a minority group and some do gooder who does'nt have to live beside them

Because our laws are biased towards protecting rights rather than protecting people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭bullock

This is a plain and simple question ...... The answer is that Bertie Ahern is a blllleeeeeeeeeeedin knacker himself!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Bob Bogart

Maybe so. Because of this they hold this country to ransom and if anyone dares to challenge them they resort to voilence, what makes them a mionority group, if you take a random sample of blood from any irish person and a Knacker there would be no difference, they are scammers. If i parked a tent on land that was'nt mine id be moved fairly sharpish, oh no but not the Knackers, they stay for as long as they can , ask for money to leave and leave it like a rubbish tip, that we pay for to get cleaned up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Praetorian

They do cause a lot of trouble and a lot of them are lazy and good for nothing.

Before you criticise me, answer this honestly. Would you be happy if a traveller family moved in next door to you? Would you be happy if a traveller family parked their caravans near your home?

No , your right, there is only one answer, If they dont abide by our laws,we will have to exterminate them like the vermin they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭toiletduck

because appartenly, they're just "misunderstood" and a "different culture." i remember hearing that kinda sh*te from a PC type while in secondary school, when people in the class (myself included) started telling her that our opinions on knackers were drawn from our experiences with them (i.e. getting insulted, beat up etc.) she dismissed us all as "misunderstanding" them and somehow putting the blame on us!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I work in community welfare in Galway, they get approved for payment, are told it'll take 2 weeks, but they ring up after a few days and start making up lies about their officer, saying he siad it'll take only 2 days etc etc

Its not a case of "Thanks so much for your help"

Its more like "Hmm, if I got this much off them how much more can I get out of them"

There ARE some nice, well behaved ones, but the general majority I've experienced are money grabbing free loaders. You'd almost think they pay us for a service the way they rant and demand this and that and rant on about their rights. Rights? That they want more and more FREE money then they already get for doin sweet fcuk all?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Chalk

Praetorian wrote:
    They do cause a lot of trouble and a lot of them are lazy and good for nothing.

Before you criticise me, answer this honestly. Would you be happy if a traveller family moved in next door to you? Would you be happy if a traveller family parked their caravans near your home?
    a few caravans have stopped near enough to me for weeks at a time.
    besides the mess we didnt have any trouble from them.

when i worked in a petrol station we often had trouble from travlleres who were not staying in the area.
    there is a halting site with about 2 miles so i presume a lot of the troublesome ones would be staying there,
    permannetly or not i dont know.

however to answer the OPs question its called political correctness.
    in some cases, gone mad, but PC nonetheless.

i would suggest that the smartest of the travellers have used PC to get their troublmaking brethren off the hook.
    i know they say its one or two bad eggs, but how often do you hear of a traveler giving evidence against another?

surely perjury is a crime?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 409 ✭✭Dellgirl

Easy there now boss.

As a teenager working in a petrol station part-time, i was cleaning a Knackers van. I told him he would need wheel acid to remove the stains from his wheels, that i had non left and if he wanted to come back later i would do them for him, his reply was " if ye tell me i need wheel acid again i'll punch ye in the ****in head" i tried in vein to explain myself, put it was no good, if i had have persisted i was getting a slap, how on earth are normal people meant to compete with such utter stupidity and brain deadness, it has to be a result of inbreeding.

I work in community welfare in Galway, they get approved for payment, are told it'll take 2 weeks, but they ring up after a few days and start making up lies about their officer, saying he siad it'll take only 2 days etc etc

ha ha, i live like a 3 min walk from there. you can see how i formed my opinions on these matters as a result of where i grew up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭Firewalkwithme

Seeing as how travelling is 'in their blood' and they do seem to enjoy inbreeding, why not load them all onto a big car ferry (or should that be Hiace ferry?) and then send them all off to live on Pitcairn? From what I hear about that place they'd fit right in.

Or just set it on fire, then everyone wins

• Registered Users Posts: 23 saml1

You gob****e. Firstly, go learn how to spell. Secondly, step outside your ivory tower and put yourself in the shoes of a member of the travelling community, just for a bit -- if you can manage to honestly open your puny mind that much.
    Thirdly, figure out who is this 'they' you keep referencing. They meaning all travelling people, they - all those who don't pay tax supposedly, they, the people who litter. That's a very narrow picture you've painted, are you that sure you can squeeze all these people into this little pigeon-hole of yours?
    Go away and educate yourself if you think you're actually that smart, you ignorant fool.

Bob Bogart wrote:
    They are given new purpose built bungalows, they pay no tax, vihical or Paye, they buy new cars with cash and the revenue commissioner askes no questions, they claim the dole and are not asked if they are activley looking for employment, normal people are, they regularly break the law, litter, burn out cars outside their new bugalows, and when questioned they claim discrimination because they are a minority group and some do gooder who does'nt have to live beside them

Bob Bogart wrote:
    Or just set it on fire, then everyone wins

Now that's just discrimination right there, you should be ashamed of yourself :rolleyes:

One of the fu*kin do gooders we where speaking of, i hope they (the Knackers) set up outside your home, C how your tune will change.

saml1 wrote:
    You gob****e. Firstly, go learn how to spell. Secondly, step outside your ivory tower and put yourself in the shoes of a member of the travelling community, just for a bit -- if you can manage to honestly open your puny mind that much.
    Thirdly, figure out who is this 'they' you keep referencing. They meaning all travelling people, they - all those who don't pay tax supposedly, they, the people who litter. That's a very narrow picture you've painted, are you that sure you can squeeze all these people into this little pigeon-hole of yours?
    Go away and educate yourself if you think you're actually that smart, you ignorant fool.

So are you saying they don't do these things that Bob has listed? Open your eyes, it's been happening for years and THEY will just keep doing because stealing and sponging off the state is a full time occupation for THEM.

By them Sam he means the Knackers, just to clarify. ye muppet.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

it would be nice to get a knackers opinion,but the whole issue of reading and writing could hinder them :rolleyes:

county wrote:
    it would be nice to get a knackers opinion,but the whole issue of reading and writing could hinder them :rolleyes:

Yes of course - what with education being something that can't be "lifted" it does present a problem. What a pity.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭Dinner

Despatch wrote:
    load them all onto a big car ferry (or should that be Hiace ferry?)

:D Nicely said.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭Running Bing

why is it that it is perfectly alright to discriminate against some members off society and not others? I am a young driver and the discrimination I come up against (insurance companies, Garda, Even tv adverts) is unbelievable yet one bad word about a traveller and people are made out to be satan himself.

Human Leeches, Sucking all the good out of the system, well thats a welfare state for ye,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭tinofapples

The huge majority of them are chancers. Never missing an opportunity for gain be it financial or some material item belonging to someone else.

saml1,
    You in fact are more of a gobsh1te. Ever have the pleasure of their company ?? I think not .

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

MORNINGSTAR!!! OH MORNINGSTAR WHERE ARE YOU!!!! THEY'RE REPRESSING THE MINORITY!!

*ahem*

The taxes thing is interesting - how do you file a tax if you've no fixed abode? Now I'm sure there are lots of fixed-abode, single business owners who fiddle their little businesses' taxes to no end, but I'd imagine it's much more difficult given you're easy to pin down. If you're in a private business sans fixed abode - be it garbage relocation or paving - it's surely easier to avoid having to pay tax so I'd imagine the percentage shoots up. But then thinking you can avail of free benefits despite your earning? Nuh-uh. Not on and no we wouldn't all do it (least I wouldn't).

The civility and opportunistic angle is a different kettle of prawns of altogether. There's a disproportionate number of lawsuits taken out against pubs by the travelling community but the liberals would point out there's equally a disproportionate hatred towards them. Interesting that most of these times, there's numerous talks of fights, etc. which are always glossed over by the We Love Travellers relation group (I forget their actual name), which always seems far more interesting in relating the Traveller's side of the story than listening to the other community. I honestly can't see any progress thus being made when the group set to bridge the two only seems to favour the one side.

because they robbed them!

ixoy wrote:
    The taxes thing is interesting - how do you file a tax if you've no fixed abode?

Do the government know where they built the bungalows for them or did the 'members' put them up on wheels and tow them off somewhere?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 [someguy]

Don't give leeches a bad name, pikeys are more like a virus. Just hope they don't infect an area near you!

Now all we need is a cure. . .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 568 ✭✭✭newgrange

[someguy] wrote:
    Now all we need is a cure. . .

I agree, but I think you're beyond help.

newgrange wrote:
    I agree, but I think you're beyond help.

Did a knacker steal your sense of humour?