Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

meeting friends daughter???

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭derek27

spoke to her da tonight. he was terribly pissed off. we actually landed out arguing terribly over the situation. he told me that he has the height of respect for me, and that he thinks the world of me, but he didn't want me to see his daughter. he smashed glasses and everything in the pub cos he was so thick! he finally calmed down and just explained he wouldn't like it much. i accepted. i rang her and told her what had happened and she told me she didn't care what he thinks, and that i should come down anyway. WHAT SHOULD I DO NOW!!! anyway, everything you have just read in this post is bull****. the truth is, he told me that he would love to see me and his daughter making a couple. i told him that it might not end up like that cos i only just met her, but am certainly willing to give it a go. he says it'd make him happy if it did, but wouldn't disappoint him if it didn't. we also discussed the 'what about if we were to get together and then break up issue'. he said so long as i did nothing to hurt her delibrately, he says that it would be her own problem in her own life that she would have to deal with as an adult. he explained to me that he loves his daugter and only wants the best for her. and he gave me a hug and said that i might not be the best she can get, but i'm definately not the worst. he gave me his blessing and said 'look after my daughter'. what a mate. now i can go and meet her for her 21st without that gut wrenching feeling of betrayel. she just texted me to make sure i'm coming down tomorrow! lovely girl! i think she actually likes me! i'll be looking after her cos i should. nothing to do with her da. at least its all 'above board' as they say! i'm happy

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,316 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

All's well that begins well. Best of luck :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭SingingCherry

OK... I know this is just plain old nosiness, but I really want to know how the weekend turned out, so you should post when you get back from your weekend with her and tell us about "above board" it all was with your mate's daughter. I have no doubt her 21st was a memorable one. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 78,352 ✭✭✭✭Victor

It sounds awfully like a wind up......

well.....
    alll went perfectly well. i went down to meet her. went to her party. ended up meeting the entire family and the entire extended family all in the one night. i was the only one there that didn't know anybody, except herself. but they made me feel so at home and welcome, without even knowing anything about me. they were so nice, and great humor and fun with them too. party was great. bout 100 at it in the stand house hotel, curragh. we stayed in the hotel lastnight. i had a lot to drink and didn't feel the best for it this morning, so i got the train home at about 13:40, they all went to the races in the curragh. she is coming to athlone thurs to sunday, thats when i'll see her again. bit of distance involoved , but its very early days yet. see what happens.

• Advertisement

Victor wrote:
    It sounds awfully like a wind up......
    just seen that ^^^
    i dont think she's winding me up.
    she even text me goodnight there a little while ago.
    if she is, i'll deal ith it, but i dont think she is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭LundiMardi

he means that you sound like you're the wind up. After all, the situation is a bit 'sleepless in seatle' isn't??

Best of luck though, don't get her pregnant, i don't think her da would like that.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

derek27 wrote:
    spoke to her da tonight. he was terribly pissed off. we actually landed out arguing terribly over the situation. he told me that he has the height of respect for me, and that he thinks the world of me, but he didn't want me to see his daughter. he smashed glasses and everything in the pub cos he was so thick! he finally calmed down and just explained he wouldn't like it much. i accepted. i rang her and told her what had happened and she told me she didn't care what he thinks, and that i should come down anyway. WHAT SHOULD I DO NOW!!! anyway, everything you have just read in this post is bull****.

derek
    why exactly, would you post that?

earth calling sense of humour, come in sense of humour......... *silence*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

IT is not funny and can be considered trolling which will get him banned
    unless he can answer the nice ladies question.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

anyone else see the joke?

lordgoat wrote:
    anyone else see the joke?

are you aware people get banned in this forum for not staying on topic?
    please read the charter
    that goes for you too Lundi
    B

People should be banned for being petty.

The man was just messing, it's not a big deal.

if you have a problem lundi, please report the post or PM the Mod
    the next person to go off topic gets banned
    B

• Registered Users Posts: 37,297 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

derek27 wrote:
    spoke to her da tonight. he was terribly pissed off. we actually landed out arguing terribly over the situation. he told me that he has the height of respect for me, and that he thinks the world of me, but he didn't want me to see his daughter. he smashed glasses and everything in the pub cos he was so thick! he finally calmed down and just explained he wouldn't like it much. i accepted. i rang her and told her what had happened and she told me she didn't care what he thinks, and that i should come down anyway.
    derek27 wrote:
    the truth is, he told me that he would love to see me and his daughter making a couple. i told him that it might not end up like that cos i only just met her, but am certainly willing to give it a go. he says it'd make him happy if it did, but wouldn't disappoint him if it didn't. we also discussed the 'what about if we were to get together and then break up issue'. he said so long as i did nothing to hurt her delibrately, he says that it would be her own problem in her own life that she would have to deal with as an adult. he explained to me that he loves his daugter and only wants the best for her. and he gave me a hug and said that i might not be the best she can get, but i'm definately not the worst. he gave me his blessing and said 'look after my daughter'. what a mate. now i can go and meet her for her 21st without that gut wrenching feeling of betrayel. she just texted me to make sure i'm coming down tomorrow! lovely girl! i think she actually likes me! i'll be looking after her cos i should. nothing to do with her da. at least its all 'above board' as they say! i'm happy

The above confuses me, esp as its all in one post. one is the opposite of the other. Almost as if he wrote one, though better of it, and wrote the second, forgetting about the first. No offence, but its almost like a troll reasccing [spelling?] how the thread would continue with the first, so he tries again, to get more life out of the thread.

If its not so derek27, then explain why you did it?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,979 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

As a joke, anyway I don't think it's a big deal and maybe you should all calm down. Let the man have his moment. Good luck with it.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,243 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

did he not say "everything you have just read in this post is bull****. the truth is...", as in "I was just winding you up"?

Anyway, best of luck with it, hope it all works out for you. You have one hell of a mate and you proved worthy of it by not disrespecting him and making sure he was happy with the whole thing.

Advertisement