Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Movies you just couldn't sit through

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭Bunny

SIN CITY
    spawned by some sexually frustrated 35 yr old paedophile, and such incredible special effects which channel4 could reproduce for some crappy trailer in half an hour...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

Can't think of too many off the top of mo cheann but Battlefield Earth, the paper said "unimaginably bad" and as usual not listening to the paper I proceeded to view. O my non religion-specific God.

/comic book guy voice. Worst movie ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,068 ✭✭✭yermandan

oh my god i cant believe no-one has mentiones " little nicky "...Adam sandler is normally very funny but this mooovie sucked ass like no other i've ever seen....eeuuuurgh

by the way,just watchin aliens at the moment and i'm at the scene where ripley nearly gets impregnated by the HUGE insect type thingy!!!!MINGIN!!!

DAN :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Never walked out of a film in my life.

Came close to walking out of 21 Grams after the first half hour, then soon after that the movie started to make sense and I was really glad I stuck with it !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

superfly wrote:
    the only film i've turned off on video was "Happiness" it wasn't
    Ha... It's probably one of my favourite films.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Happiness? That's an excellent film!

I rarely walk out of the cinema because I choose my films carefully beforehand. I did however walk out of the recent Batman film. Also, ended up watching Hitch last night and couldn't stomach it. Rom-coms bring out my inner Pat Bateman.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭Gangsta

simu wrote:
    Happiness? That's an excellent film!

I rarely walk out of the cinema because I choose my films carefully beforehand. I did however walk out of the recent Batman film. Also, ended up watching Hitch last night and couldn't stomach it. Rom-coms bring out my inner Pat Bateman.
    What!? Batman begins and hitch are class! Movies that I couldn't finish were Hero (total s h i t e and boring) and Chocolate (omg so boring and pointless).

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭marshmallow

Cursed - I walked out of the cinema when I went to this. My friends said it looked good, I said it looked crap and who turned out to be right? :rolleyes:

Is there a film The Animal? I think that's the name.. It's a comedy and it was recommened in X-tra Vision so my friends and I rented it. We turned it off after 20mins - utter sh*te

• Registered Users Posts: 9,149 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

qz wrote:
    Assault on Precinct 13
    The original or remake?

I've never walked out of the cinema because of a film.

I started watching Amadeus (I got it because of the cover) - stopped it to have dinner, but never returned.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

I came very close to leaving the cinema during Van Helsing.
    I did leave during Revenge of the Sith--I fell asleep after about half an hour and when I woke up towards the end I didn't have a clue what was going on and had a bit of a headache so I strolled out.
    Also, I turned off Oceans 12....load of crap I thought.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I've never walked out of a movie in my life, and indeed would more then likely never consider it.

Fact being I dont go to a movie, EVER, Unless its a genre I like and the film looks relatively enjoyable.

Ive seen crap films in my favourite Genre, Like the absolutely dreadful House of the Dead and Alone in the Dark, but I wouldnt even dream of walking out of them.

I have however turned off a few DVD's, such as Total Reality, Deep Freeze, Ninja Squad, and a few other appallingly bad B-Movies.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Same. I wouldn't ever walk out of a film in the cinema. Even at home I've sat through some awful crap to see if it would pick up towards the end, or to at least be informed when I slate it online. Oceans 12 is a great example. Boy am I ever glad I didn't go to see that in the cinema, what an awful awful film.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,211 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

I was in Iceland and went to see The Inscribables. Was out on the beer the night before and had a mild dose of alcohol posing.

Film was in subtitles.

The mixture of fast moving subtitles drink and not feeling the best meant I left after 10 mins. Ended up getting sick for the rest of the film. Sweet!

Still haven’t seen the film so couldn’t tell you if it’s good or bad!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭kjt

The Cooler, What a piece of crap... and making the viewers watch that wrinkly sagging ass of his... AWH AWH AWH get me outta here.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭Devious

I tend to stick out most films to the end, but the closet I came to switching off was that Adam Sandler one, Bulletproof. I mean, iv seen a fair share of dreck in my life but I can safely say without hyperbole that this was the single greatest lump of faecel matter iv had the misfortunate to set eyes on. Avoid like ebola.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

I liked that film! Different strokes for different folks I guess ;)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,258 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

The only film I ever walked out of was the Blair Witch Project. What an absolute load of arse. I only went because of the hype surrounding it and no words can be formed to describe how bad it was.

I usually sit through most films though in the hope that they will eventually get better so i think thats the only one, well off the top of my head anyway, that I havent watched through

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

White Chicks.

I needed my eyes syringed after 20 minutes of that ****.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 PatrickStar

Charlie's Angels!!

Couldn't sit it out.

Worst film of all time......even worse than Captain Orgasmo!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

Came very very close during Punch Drunk Love.

SH*TE!! A lot of people walked out of it but I was just too lazy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16 PatrickStar

Teen Wolf Too!

Why ruin a classic!!

Bring back Teen Wolf T-Shirts!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

sprinkles wrote:
    Came very very close during Punch Drunk Love.

SH*TE!! A lot of people walked out of it but I was just too lazy.

I'm guessing they were expecting a typical Adam Sandler comedy?

I think Punk Drunk Love is a pretty good film, I really liked it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,730 ✭✭✭Naos

The Cooler?
    That with Patrick Swayze? I thought that film was alright, bubblegum film, good for latenight watching.

Equilibrium, I almost walked out on that but I figured I paid for it I might as well watch it. That was when I was younger though, and apparently it was good. Maybe some day I will give it another shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Battle Royale 2
    Jeepers Creepers
    Battlefield Earth

The only Kevin Costner movie I've ever watched in its entirety was A Perfect World.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Not forgettting the League Of Gentlemans Apocaylpse, biggest load of kak that was ever made.
    Nearly walked out on Hitch, very poor movie which was hyped up unjustly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭Skip

I walked out from the cinema only once, it was some Polish film called Snake Poison, but that was a long long time ago, I've no idea what it was all about.

But I fell asleep during Titanic, Star Wars Episode II, and LOTR The Return of the King (well, I got a terrible headache during the first part too). Sagas...

Horror films make me laugh these days, and most of the thrillers too. This is how media desensitizes you :(

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Sico wrote:
    Battle Royale 2
    Jeepers Creepers
    Battlefield Earth

The only Kevin Costner movie I've ever watched in its entirety was A Perfect World.
    I'm ashamed to say that I actually watched BR2 all the way through, one of the worst films I've seen in a long time, I just refused to believe that the Director could possibly make that much of a bollocks of it.

Until I remembered that he's made about 900 films, of which BR is the only one I've heard of.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 390 ✭✭Brock

the only two films i have ever walked out of were The House of Mirth some rubbish with gillian anderson and the other was bandits that was absolute bollocks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 368 ✭✭Geiger

The closest I've came to walking out was during 'Trauma'. Never before has a film been so aptly named.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

I fell asleep during JFK but can't recall the names of any I've walked out on but it's not something I'd do of habit. As for films I couldn't sit through; pretty much anything with Ben Affleck or Jerry Lewis.

Advertisement