Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Am I mad??

Options
  • 12-07-2005 11:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭

Okay I have been talking to this girl on msn for 6/7 months now. At first it was just a friendship and we found out that we had lots in common but for the past 2 months my feelings for her have changed and I began to fall for her! I never planned on telling her this but last night she told me that she really really likes me so I told her that I liked her.

But now she wants me to go to visit her, but she lives in L.A, and I am only 16, but I love her and she fears we may never meet.. Has anybody got any advice?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Kevin_rc_ie

What is she?
    Have you seen her?
    Are you certain she tells you the truth and who she says she is, is genuine?
    Can you afford 1200 dollar flights?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

I paid $1300 for a return flight a few weeks ago.
    Its very expensive, especially If you were to find out that this 'girl' might just be some old man who 'coincidently' happens to share your interests. TBH, youre only 16 theres plenty of other ways to meet chicks.
    *standard response: join some clubs, etc to meet girls your own age in safety.

Have you discussed this with your parents?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,745 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

daz42C wrote:
    Okay I have been talking to this girl on msn for 6/7 months now. At first it was just a friendship and we found out that we had lots in common but for the past 2 months my feelings for her have changed and I began to fall for her! I never planned on telling her this but last night she told me that she really really likes me so I told her that I liked her.

But now she wants me to go to visit her, but she lives in L.A, and I am only 16, but I love her and she fears we may never meet.. Has anybody got any advice?

Pic??

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭Yv

if the relationship is something that can last long-distance (& if you're only 16 i assume you're hardly gonna move to america anytime soon) then you don't have to go see her right away. saying she thinks you'll never meet is a bit melodramatic, isn't it? if she really feels the same as you she should also consider a visit here.

but i think it's a bit unrealistic to fly all the way over there. you've never met her in person before, ppl are often different in real life to what they're like online (i don't mean they assume a different identity, it's just that ppl come across v differently in writing to what they would face to face). plus it's incredibly far away.

my two cents.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭daz42C

What is she?

A Spanish Girl
    Have you seen her?

Yes I have seen pictures of her
    Are you certain she tells you the truth and who she says she is, is genuine?

Almost 100% sure
    Can you afford 1200 dollar flights?

No
    Have you discussed this with your parents?

No

have you spoken with her?

have you spoken with her?

Yes I have spoken to her 3 or 4 times over the phone

i assume you get on very well.

where do you expect to stay while over "there", in her parents house? a motel? a hotel? or are you planning on working all this out later?

i assume you get on very well.

where do you expect to stay while over "there", in her parents house? a motel? a hotel? or are you planning on working all this out later?

Had not even thought about it because I had not been totally keen on going I was 50-50...

• Advertisement

Of course we get on really well, we like the same music, the same TV shows, we have the same personalitys

don't go so. i thought you were really keen on going but wanted a reality check.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,745 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

daz42C wrote:
    Had not even thought about it because I had not been totally keen on going I was 50-50...

Your not mad, your 16.Unless you have the bones of 3 grand forget about it your going no where. Ask her to come visit you - Much cheaper.

meet here half way, how about shannon airport...

meet here half way, how about shannon airport...

I did think about that cos she is going to spain in about 2 months, I would definetley go to shannon!

spain is doable. still awkward and will require at least 500 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Post a Pic of her. Im seriously interested. How about you go to Spain. convince a parent to come. Its possible. I met the love of my life in Spain. When I was 15 and were still in touch.

heres Graham's advice. Go to Spain. Meet Her. It might be love. She might be a man. You might see past that and just go for it! Good Luck.

Oh to be 16 again

ah but you'd require so much time just the two of you. i'd hate to travel to another country and have to lot and her dad all day.

Grimes wrote:
    Post a Pic of her. Im seriously interested.

No I won't post a pic of her man, Y are u interested?

Dont think with you mind. Dont think of the difficulties. Just do it. Find a way and deal with the consequences. If shes not worth that then forget about it.

You should know in your heart. (Ever see Love Actually? Rent It) . Just do it. Fcuk the pic I was only messin

• Advertisement

Grimes wrote:
    Fcuk the pic

Okay

nevermind. Good Luck

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭kawaii

Follow yo dreams.

Don't let logic oppress your spirit. If you feel a calling then don't ignore it as you'll always look back and say "what if..."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 d22isanarse

First of all it,s a lot of money and where are you gonna stay when you get there,TBH she might be an old man who likes 16 year old boys .Maybe you should try meet girls who are only a bus trip away..good luck..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭nobodythere

Why doesn't she come and meet you? No rush to do it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭Skip

Yes, there is, what if you die in half a year? Life's so tiny, take the chance, be happy or sad, no matter, just do it, meet her in Spain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 938 ✭✭✭chuci

my god why choose la when you can have spain? at least thats doable and a little more logical. one of my friends met up with a guy she was talking to over the net didnt end up too pretty.anyway at the same time you are only 16 but i guess there is no perfect age to be in love. i all for happily ever after endings but this seems a bit excessive doesnt it?well if you really wana meet her go to spain at least your in europe and a little closer to home. cant imagine your parents being too chuffed bout the situation though. theres my two cents also.best of luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭*Page*

hey anyone remember coolock lad met a girl on line and fell for her???

now so is his little bro....wow....
    small world!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭LundiMardi

man, you're WAY too young to be going to L.A, how old is this chick? If she's older than 18 i'd stay well away.

First thing's first, you've talked over the net, talked over the phone and seen pics, now its time to get yourself a web cam and talk face to face, thid way you KNOW what she looks like and you will know for sure if you like her, at least you'll see her, her facial expressions and witness how her personality is in real time, rather than what's been typed on a keyboard.

When you've done this then you can MAYBE think about meeting. But for now, that idea is WAY above your station.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,256 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

seems like way too much effort for me and way too much money. think about it you meet her for the week or so in Spain and then she goes back to LA and your stuck in ireland. You are 16 so I doubt you are going to move to LA anytime soon and if you are planning on that you must be nuts.

Its great when you think about it but life isnt like the movies. Things like in Love Actually generally do not happen but that doesnt mean it wont work out for you because it could.

Anyway I have put forward the bad points that you will only see her a bit etc. but then again if you only have to travel to Spain even if you only see her for two weeks and its a holiday romance those two weeks could turn out to be one of the best two weeks ever. So to summarise you have to be realistic and think that a proper relationship is never gonna happen out of this but a holiday roamnce probably will and that is definitely worth the trip to Spain.

If it was me I would go to Spain and see her for that small amount of time but thats it leave it at that. Enjoy yourselves but leave it at that. Thats what I would do anyway

Advertisement