Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BRENDAN McCANN DID IT AGAIN

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

witless wrote:
    I disagree. For what it's worth, I live in Maritana Gate. It looks very nice and certain aspects of its design are great, like its visual impact, the use of balconies, roof terraces and so on.

However, it has fundamental flaws. The apartments are simply too small to sustain families and the development of a community in the medium to long term. They're well constructed and have a nice finish, but one of the design criteria was clearly to squeeze in as many as possible. The apartments are separated by what I presume is just plasterboard as sound travels between apartments just as much as between rooms within an apartment. There is extremely poor natural light to the front living room of most apartments, due to the use of external corridoors which overhang each apt. They're designed entirely for the short-term buy-to-let market with little regard for the prospects of people wanting to own and live in one. Also, I think direct street access would foster more of a community spirit that the "gated" feel that the place currently has...

at a guess i would say you live on one of the lower floors. i am up near the top and have plenty of natural light. lower down though it is obvious that there is little light. as for the noise levels. i also find that isnt too bad except for an incident a few weeks back :mad:. the only thing i can hear from next door is the doors as they slam hard if you dont close them with your hand. apartments are small but i honestly dont think they were designed for families

Advertisement