Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BRENDAN McCANN DID IT AGAIN

Options
  • 09-07-2005 1:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭

The serial objector brendan (the wanker) McCann has done it again folks he is now objecting to the proposed redevelopment to the McEniff Ard Ri hotel saying that the plans are a VISUAL DISASTER. jez is that man blind or what the place needs a good face lift it was built in the early eighties. i think someone should give him some advice like "YOU SHOULD HAVE GONE TO SPECSAVERS".

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

phelo05 wrote:
    The serial objector brendan (the wanker) McCann has done it again folks he is now objecting to the proposed redevelopment to the McEniff Ard Ri hotel saying that the plans are a VISUAL DISASTER. jez is that man blind or what the place needs a good face lift it was built in the early eighties. i think someone should give him some advice like "YOU SHOULD HAVE GONE TO SPECSAVERS".

I wonder has this fella got an agenda we're not aware of...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭phelo05

Trotter wrote:
    I wonder has this fella got an agenda we're not aware of...
    I think so to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 744 ✭✭✭angry_fox

phelo05 wrote:

The man should be politly asked to leave waterford as he is holding back the develpement of the city. Are all members of the green party like this? Do they want to bring ireland back to the stone age or the 1950's?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

angry_fox wrote:
    Are all members of the green party like this? Do they want to bring ireland back to the stone age or the 1950's?

yes

• Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

angry_fox wrote:
    Do they want to bring ireland back to the stone age

I quite like the stone age, tbh. All those stones...magic! now the iron age, how boring is that! com'on like...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭Marcopolo85

phelo05 wrote:

He must have little to do with his time. If this is his way of raising the 'profile' of the Green Party (and the 'members'!) it ain't working. It's similar to that idiotic 'Save Our Salmon' stunt him and some other eejit pulled on the Bridge a few months ago.

Practice what you preach Brendan! :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

it ain't working. It's similar to that idiotic 'Save Our Salmon' stunt him and some other eejit pulled on the Bridge a few months ago.

"Will somebody please think of the Salmon....er Children!!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭Sooner or Later

If I was in the Green Party I'd dump that guy pronto.

Talk about unelectable. One of the most hated politicians in Waterford.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭phelo05

well he certainly won,t get my vote

• Registered Users Posts: 3,394 ✭✭✭decies

If I was in the Green Party I'd dump that guy pronto.

Talk about unelectable. One of the most hated politicians in Waterford.
    Thats unfair what about those FF wasters :D:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭Marcopolo85

decies wrote:

Yeah - but they don't pretend to be anything else. That McCann guy is atypical of a wannabe politician. He'll shout and roar and stir $hite from outside the Council Chambers, but if he got in he'd be no different to the rest and capitulate.

The Council comes and goes, faces change, but what do we still see perpetuated - a mayoral pact! Extremely undemocratic to say the least. It should be left up to the people of this City to elect a Mayor. Not a handful of people in a room striking secret, undemocratic deals. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Just dump that guy into the ****ing river... that way he can be forever with his beloved Salmon

• Registered Users Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭jmcc

decies wrote:
    The ones that got booted out at the last local elections? Or the two remaining?

Regards...jmcc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 yoursfaithfully

Well, is it a visual disaster ? Has anyone had a look at it ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

as it stands now?

yes, the inside looks retro too, but retro in a bad way

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭DéiseGirl

Mossy Monk wrote:
    as it stands now?

yes, the inside looks retro too, but retro in a bad way

It's a revolting building both inside and outside.

And while I'm at it the train station is a disgrace as well. I've heard tell the new station manager is planning to do something about it, ie give it some sort of facelift. No doubt McCann would be outraged. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,272 ✭✭✭merlante

I'd like to say I'm surprised. The Ard Ri is a ****ing disgrace, yet we are not allowed to do anything about it. McCann sends everything to An Bord Planala in Dublin, where an arbitrary decision will be made after a suitably long delay. All I can say is that if we were living in hells kitchen in the 30's, I'd be down to the local don with freshly baked bread and a fatted lamb looking for a favour!

I wouldn't even classify the guy as a politician: even Trevor Sargent has distanced himself from him in the past, and last year the organisation in Waterford held a vote of no-confidence in him as green party spokesman for Waterford.

There seems to be two types of green party member: the practical and the sane environmentalists, and the raving nutcases like McCann!

D&#233 wrote: »
    It's a revolting building both inside and outside.

And while I'm at it the train station is a disgrace as well. I've heard tell the new station manager is planning to do something about it, ie give it some sort of facelift. No doubt McCann would be outraged. :mad:

Kevin Finnagan is the new station manager and he is going do something about the state of the building, there is know way McCann can lodge a complaint against it, what could he be against? If he does, i think he should be at least tarred and feathered and thrown off the cliffs out in tramore.

angry_fox wrote:
    Kevin Finnagan is the new station manager and he is going do something about the state of the building, there is know way McCann can lodge a complaint against it, what could he be against? If he does, i think he should be at least tarred and feathered and thrown off the cliffs out in tramore.

We're way beyond that stage with McCann. You can be damn sure he'll object to it!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

The trainstation has been a disgrace for years and waterford should be ashamed of it, I can't understand why their leaving it the way it is for so long

• Advertisement

angry_fox wrote:

I'll provide the tar and feathers. Tramore will provide the cliffs
    :D

Cabaal wrote:
    The trainstation has been a disgrace for years and waterford should be ashamed of it, I can't understand why their leaving it the way it is for so long

I've been on a good few of the train routes around the country in the last few years and omigod Waterford's station is by far the worst I've ever seen. Just goes to show how much care and attention has been given to the exterior when they're still using the "old" Irish Rail logo :rolleyes:

I'm sure they'd rebuild the thing to be half the size anyway!

merlante wrote:
    I'm sure they'd rebuild the thing to be half the size anyway!

I heard it was going to be of Rubix Cube dimensions myself...

Send an email to info@greenparty.ie and see what the Green Party have to say about their man in Waterford.

No one in waterford will object to the the redevelopemt of the train station, cause it is an eye sore but if McCann does object...... God help him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I'd keep the signal box though! :) The rest is 70s bus station standard.

Mike.

mike65 wrote:
    I'd keep the signal box though! :) The rest is 70s bus station standard.

Mike.

Should give the signal box a fresh lick of paint. Pity they knocked the old station in the 70s, was a beautiful red building back in its day.

It is a pity that Mc Cann wasn't around when planning permission was given to knock the previous beautiful authentic railway station and to build the ugly 60's box that we have now. Same goes for the Tramore station. We need more Mc Cann's around with a bit of civic pride albeit from Galway.

It is a pity that Mc Cann wasn't around when planning permission was given to knock the previous beautiful authentic railway station and to build the ugly 60's box that we have now. Same goes for the Tramore station. We need more Mc Cann's around with a bit of civic pride albeit from Galway.

Jesus, are you his brother or something?

I'd be the first person out protesting if something worthwhile was being knocked down - like the old victorian station - but the Metropole is hardly a landmark historical building of natural beauty, now is it?

During the railway square planning approval, he objected to 2/3 houses being knocked down along the square. These buildings were flooded/waterlogged, unrentable and about to fall down. Their owners cried tears of joy when the developers offered to buy them out. But then our Hero McCann came along and objected to their demolition on the grounds that they were historic buildings - they were just ****ty old houses!

I spoke to an architect who was involved in the project. They know their local history inside out from having to deal with McCann (one good outcome I suppose) and they had to demonstrate to McCann that railway square was outside of the old city walls and therefore nothing was going to be destroyed; they even demonstrated that excavations a decade ago revealed that the only things to be found outside of the old walls were exactly what you would expect: rubbish!

He still objected!

• Advertisement

Are you seriously suggesting that the frontages to be seen down Penrose Lane etc. (gates to car parks, ESB substations, kitchens in your face, bare walls, drab railings etc.) are preferable to frontages like that of the Metropole. If so you must be suffering from severe depression or you soon will be if you live down that way !

Advertisement