Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relationship Issues

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭nobodythere

Thaed wrote:
    If you love something let it go,
    If it comes back to you it is yours.

The old sayings are still around because of the truth to them.

Excellent advice, much often easier said than done

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Guest007

So it happend yesterday, we went our separate ways. This is without a doubt the hardest thing I've ever been through. It would be easier if one of us had done the dirt, but it was a mutual decision to end the relationship. I'm not just loosing the love of my life, but my best friend. I know it will take time to get over this, I hope I'm able for it. Thinking about us together, going through the relationship is so hurtful. I'd give anything to be where we were a year ago. But alas, if I think like that I'll just do my head in. I was ok yesterday and last night, but it's starting to hit home now. She still has some of my things, like my entire dvd collection. I'm not sure when to contact her to get these, whether I should do it right away or leave it a few weeks.

Whatever about how I feel now, It's going to suck real bad when I go back to where we both went to college. I lived with her there since September 2001. I want her back, damnit this is awful. :(

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,264 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

sorry to hear this man I feel for ya

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,946 ✭✭✭BeardyGit

Sorry to hear it man - The signs were there in the end I guess. On the 'logistics' front, I'd suggest you might ask a mutual friend to help out. Get them to mention your personal belongings and see if it's okay for the friend to drop them back to you. You're better off taking care of it now. From experience it's a bad idea to leave your stuff with an 'ex' as they may feel compelled to do a little clearing out so to speak in the near future.

Besides, DVD's will be required while you're feeling sorry for yourself :o

Take care - The feeling won't last too long I hope.....

Gil

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Guest007

Cheers everyone. I sent her a text today asking when she wanted her stuff back. I have some of her father's books too. She said she will get them in sept when we go back to college, and I asked if I can have my dvds back. She said she'll send them asap. So that bit was fine. Then I gave her my address, because she always gets it mixed up, and she went all snotty "by the way I know your address", the rest of the conversation kinda went down hill from there. I know I won't be contacting her again, unless no dvds arrive.

I guess it's to be expected, but it's a bit weird that she can't have a calm conversation with me without flying off her rocker. The majority of this breakup was her decision, and we ended it so calmly, we never got snotty or anything. I dunno I won't think about it anymore. It comes with the territory I guess.

• Advertisement
Advertisement