Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Fast and the Furious 3

Options
2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

the Queen Latifah remake
    God that was an awful movie.

adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭IDMUD

the_syco wrote:
    Class movie :)

Aye. Pretty damn nice. I take it they were skidding (before the race) @ the start to gain friction? Also, what were they skidding on?

Water, it eases the first shock on the drivetrain.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

kluivert wrote:
    no cars powerful enough to race.

In Ireland? I'd say it's more all the lads with powerful cars are too **** scared of damaging them. When you look at what a just basic service can cost in a high performance car, you don't want to be increasing you're parts/servicing bills.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭gs39t

Farls wrote:

Most of the guys I know also keep it to the track, mate has a GTR VSPEC R33 Skyline throwing out near 500 horsies, another has an Evo 7 GSR with around the 400 mark last I heard.

Is this dyno proven or "hay guyz my car has 500hp OLOLOL" ?

400 hp out of a naturally aspirated engine is amazing. Turbo or supercharging, or dare i say it - nitrous - is cheating :) .

It's not all about horsepower though. I read a good quote the other day that said "horsepower is something you lie to your friends about, torque moves the car"

• Advertisement

gs39t wrote:
    Is this dyno proven or "hay guyz my car has 500hp OLOLOL" ?

400 hp out of a naturally aspirated engine is amazing. Turbo or supercharging, or dare i say it - nitrous - is cheating :) .

It's not all about horsepower though. I read a good quote the other day that said "horsepower is something you lie to your friends about, torque moves the car"

True in part, but it's hp that matters, not torque. torque and rpm will tell you the hp.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Farls

The skylines been on the dyno, i'd be fairly sure the Evo has been too, its true about torque. A lot of guys I know are getting their cars geared just for this because on the quarter mile its all about the start.

I was looking at a supra a few weeks back its actually in autotrader the last few weeks, its suppose to be near 600 bhp and it has Nos. I then watched it drag against an type R and either the driver was the worst in the world or his car is more stickers than power :rolleyes:

I seen the fensport corolla (600+ bhp) do the quarter mile in and around the 10 second mark a few weeks back too. Amazing stuff.

Farlz

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭RedRaven

ciarsd wrote:
    this be the one redraven...

vanishingpoint3.jpg

model

Daves%20Vanishing%20Point%20Challenger.jpg
    This is what mine looks like!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Cond0r

dahamsta wrote:
    First one was rubbish enough for me not to go to the second one. And I watched the second series of 24, so I've got a lot of tolerance for unadulterated rubbish...

The saddest part is that there are actually numpties like this out there in real life. Only spottier, wimpier, uglier and thicker, obviously. Poor f*ckers must have no penises to speak of whatsoever.

adam

Agree 100%

I can't believe anyone would go as far as to say they would LOOK FORWARD TO any of the Fast and the Furious films.
    Lets face it, the acting is crap, the screenplay is crap, the script is crap, and the cars are even worse.

On a seperate note: Vin Diesel should be shot in my opinion, what an awful excuse for an actor.

Bring back the Italian Job (The old one, of course).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭kluivert

Your all idiots.

What is it with the trend in this country to down something just because you cant have it here.

Has anyone ever been to a race in NY. When you guys have come back and re phrase your opinions about the first film. If you didnt like the film fair enough but the first film in which the cars are racing is close enough to the real thing in NY

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

kluivert wrote:
    Your all idiots.
    Your honour, the prosecution rests.

Advertisement