Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Fast and the Furious 3

Options
  • 05-07-2005 5:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭

Release date of June 2006 (American)

Set in Japan where street racing turns to drifting.

One thing you dont have here is street racing, no cars powerful enough to race.

Anyone go to Mondelo the other week end where you could pitch your moddified car against others there. That would have been good to watch.
    That sort of thing is better kept to a track than the street.

But Fast and the Furious 3 - June 2006, something to look forward to next year.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Damn if its in Japan I hope they include some of the cooler performance cars to come out of there.
    Would love to see an FTO.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭kluivert

Hell yeah the japs (God love them) are tuning mad, they are an inspiration to the rest of us. Skylines, Evo's, Scoobies, FTO's, RX7's & 8's, Super fast honda's... bring it on movie makers...Show us what your made of...

There was a rumour that it would star Van Deisel again and would be set in Mexico but it seems to be Japan (The home of the car gods), with an amercian kick out of the US and a japanese driver.

When 2 fast 2 furious came out went to see it in Dundalk on the first night. I could nt get over all the mod'd cars pretty sweet rides, but nothing thats stands out. Corsa's Astra's Focus's pretty standard rides. Does anyone have anything better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 449 ✭✭camarobill

that film is a load of b.ls..t : :D wissshy wasshy electrickkk dum ash valves;tuning the s..t out of a hair dryer motor and sticking over sized turbos is hardly[ the best cars in the world]its fiction :p:p

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭sinjin_smythe

camarobill wrote:
    wissshy wasshy electrickkk dum ash valves;

Spoken like true modder

• Registered Users Posts: 5,450 ✭✭✭blastman

To paraphrase Clarkson, the Japs can get 500 BHP out of a pencil sharpener!

First film was mildly entertaining, second one was unadulterated rubbish. That blonde guy who plays the cop in them couldn't out-act a dump valve and some pink neons.

• Advertisement

have any of you guys ever been to a street race so u can speak from experience.

ok some things are exaggrated, its a film not a documentary.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,450 ✭✭✭blastman

Not talking about the accuracy or otherwise of the racing (although I suspect that the race at the beginning of the second one with the Dukes of Hazzard-type jump at the end may have taken liberties with various cars' damage-resistance abilities), just that the movies themselves were nonsense, by and large.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

blastman wrote:
    First film was mildly entertaining, second one was unadulterated rubbish.
    First one was rubbish enough for me not to go to the second one. And I watched the second series of 24, so I've got a lot of tolerance for unadulterated rubbish...

The saddest part is that there are actually numpties like this out there in real life. Only spottier, wimpier, uglier and thicker, obviously. Poor f*ckers must have no penises to speak of whatsoever.

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭Squirrel

blastman wrote:
    To paraphrase Clarkson, the Japs can get 500 BHP out of a pencil sharpener!

First film was mildly entertaining, second one was unadulterated rubbish. That blonde guy who plays the cop in them couldn't out-act a dump valve and some pink neons.

The Fast and the Furious 3

Starring Dump Valve and Neon

I should go into advertising :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

i would usually defend such a film saying its just a bit of fun.

but fúck me it brings out the retards

• Advertisement

Ok then, so you guys dont like Fast and Furious series.

So lets hear your opinion on the top car movie.

Title, year of release and main character and if your really good reg no of the car or cars in the film

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,113 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

kluivert wrote:

Title, year of release and main character and if your really good reg no of the car or cars in the film
    The Italian Job (Original) :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Kersh

Is it going to be called 3 fast 3 furious??
    Anyhow, I have seen street racing here. Full of absolute capital W Wan****.
    Then it all descends into donuts in stolen cars. No class whatsoever. Scumbags... See 'scumbags' thread in Afterhours.
    And yes, the film does bring out the idiots too. Might go watch the film, not looking forward to the scumbags in micras, gts, and corsas.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭Squirrel

kluivert wrote:

Have to agree with Byte

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

kluivert wrote:

ok then...Noddy.

Certainly more watchable than that F&F cr@p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭IDMUD

Speaking of streetracing, here's a real vid from last weekend or somesuch:

http://megageekboy.ramnet.se/filmer/birka_3_2005_bysundis_widedivx.avi

I should note that they all drive on the motorway with no oncoming traffic :p

• Registered Users Posts: 37,297 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

IDMUD wrote:
    Speaking of streetracing, here's a real vid from last weekend or somesuch:

http://megageekboy.ramnet.se/filmer/birka_3_2005_bysundis_widedivx.avi

I should note that they all drive on the motorway with no oncoming traffic :p
    Getting it @ 221KB/sec. 42.7MB in about 2 minutes :)

Laughed at the Estate with the green neon's under it!

As for the oncoming traffic: its on the other side of the barrier (metal, not chicken wire or a bush).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭IDMUD

the_syco wrote:
    Getting it @ 221KB/sec. 42.7MB in about 2 minutes :)

Laughed at the Estate with the green neon's under it!

As for the oncoming traffic: its on the other side of the barrier (metal, not chicken wire or a bush).

Here's another vid from a real streetrace, notice how much safer and more controlled it is than the hollywood movies? ;)

http://megageekboy.ramnet.se/filmer/midnight_050607_bysundis_widedivx.avi

• Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

gone in 60 secs, and not the re-hash with nicolas cage either!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Farls

I go to drag racing and events that are as close as it gets to F&F in Ireland all the time. It's enjoying to watch, even better to take part in.

If someone wants to spend money modding their car, then I say let them at it, better doing that than drink/drugs/smokes etc.... :rolleyes:

Most of the guys I know also keep it to the track, mate has a GTR VSPEC R33 Skyline throwing out near 500 horsies, another has an Evo 7 GSR with around the 400 mark last I heard. These are for the racing enthusiasts. They don't bother with neons or ICE etc.

Down the north theres track events on every few weeks and it has a massive following that is getting bigger. It's a passtime, like any other......

Farlz

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

guys street racing is amazing and nobody can say its bad.its enjoyable to watch. i went to one last week in dublin.some really fast cars.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

just downloaded these 2 videos they are cool:D

• Registered Users Posts: 37,297 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

gone in 60 secs, and not the re-hash with nicolas cage either!
    Class movie :)
    IDMUD wrote:
    Here's another vid from a real streetrace, notice how much safer and more controlled it is than the hollywood movies? ;)

http://megageekboy.ramnet.se/filmer/midnight_050607_bysundis_widedivx.avi

Aye. Pretty damn nice. I take it they were skidding (before the race) @ the start to gain friction? Also, what were they skidding on?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

the_syco wrote:
    Aye. Pretty damn nice. I take it they were skidding (before the race) @ the start to gain friction?
    Traction.

Jesus help us.

drdre wrote:
    guys street racing is amazing and nobody can say its bad.its enjoyable to watch. i went to one last week in dublin.some really fast cars.:D

it also fuggin stupid and downright dangerous :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭RedRaven

kluivert wrote:

Vanishing point with Barry Newman year '74 I think, car Dodge Challenger R/T 426 Hemi.

Reg No. =Who gives a f**k!!:D

Now thats a car movie!!!

this be the one redraven...

vanishingpoint3.jpg

model

Daves%20Vanishing%20Point%20Challenger.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭ds20prefecture

Bullitt
    The Driver
    Ronin (OK - not a car movie, but what a chase!)
    Christine :)
    Luc Besson's Taxi (the French one, not the Queen Latifah remake)

Gone in 60 seconds (the cage rehash) is much much worse than 2fast2stoopid.

Let's face it, movies about cars are largely aimed at males with feelings of inadequacy and sexual uncertainty. Just like American Chopper :)

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭dcGT

The 'Fast and the Furious' movies were never meant to be about the quality acting or the riveting storyline (these are terrible to say the least). They're all about the cars. These movies are merely a depiction of the street-racing scene in the US. It's a pastime, a hobby and a way of life for some people. It's easy to call these people 'idiots' because they like a good sound system in their car. '2 Fast 2 Furious' also had a few American muscle cars in it too. I'd love a go of one of those Yenko Camaros!

DC.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭RedRaven

ciarsd wrote:
    this be the one redraven...

vanishingpoint3.jpg

model

Daves%20Vanishing%20Point%20Challenger.jpg
    Yep thats it, but I prefer mine its Sublime Green, crap thing about Ireland though is the f**king weather,I dont like driving her in the rain.

Advertisement