Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

post your tone

Options
  • 04-07-2005 2:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭

post a sample of your tone or your mad soun effects that u want people to give opinions on here..samples to follow

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭LundiMardi

i can post samples of sound effects, but they're not 'my tone', they're just what i have to live with at the moment until i buy 'my tone':)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭jcoote

thats what i'm talkin bout

fair enough, i might have a little time later, but it won't be anything special. I'll just highlight the qualities of amplitube, as i'm not using an amp at the minute.

But feel free to get the ball rolling, i can't listen though, no sound on this work pc:(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭david

I've a crazy oscillation sound clip here somewhere... I was just showing what my modded DS-1 can do with the Echo Park...

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

I have that old clip of my playing through my DS-1. Dreadful dreadful playing though. Here

I'll probably take it down later though.

• Advertisement

Heres a clip of me dicking around with my echo park at the end of some song i recorded ages ago. The recording latency of desperate on the original track so i decided to save myself the embarrasment and just give ya's the oscillation at the end.

Clickity

• Registered Users Posts: 17,536 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Wow, very very sci-fi.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

Hehe. Sounds like Hawkwind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭DiamondJQuimby

Sound I use for Distortion
    Played on a Strat with a GT6.

Sound

Wow, very very sci-fi.
    Indeed. I just messed around with random knobs, im gonna do that at a gig sometime...

Moral of the story: Buy an Echo Park!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,287 ✭✭✭NotMe

I just recorded myself playing some Black Flag and Oxymoron. And for a bit of variety some surf :)

I recorded these with the mic on my iRiver so the sound quality isn't too good. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,984 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

NotMe wrote:
    I just recorded myself playing some Black Flag and Oxymoron. And for a bit of variety some surf :)

I recorded these with the mic on my iRiver so the sound quality isn't too good. :rolleyes:

Nice Johnny Ramone-type sound there on the first one. (and that IS a compliment, BTW)

here's my dist\flanger

The sound quality is sh1te with that john. Is it just the MP3 encoding or did you use a PC mic or summat?

sorry theses should be better

dist
    mad sounds
    lead tone

• Registered Users Posts: 4,287 ✭✭✭NotMe

Nice Johnny Ramone-type sound there on the first one. (and that IS a compliment, BTW)
    Well I do love the Ramones so I'd take it as a compliment either way ;)

jcoote wrote:
    sorry theses should be better

dist
    mad sounds
    lead tone
    Theyre all dead for me

they all work for me dave...try copy and pasting the addresses

Ah, you used backslashes instead of forward slashes in the link destinations.

http://members.boards.ie/jcoote/mental1.zip works for me...

ahha

• Advertisement

like tha osc dave good way to end a show

Haha yeah... How did you record your samples? Sounds like you mic'd it... You should run the XLR outs of your flextone into yer soundcard, record and compress the wavs into 192kbps or higher for the best recording..

used the mic socket on the flex tone but lower the kbps to reduce size

Mic socket? You mean the XLR out? Hmm... youre doing something wrong because that recording sounds really faint. I managed to get decent enough tone with the recording i posted with just an MG100dfx mic'd up

I have 3 samples if anyone would care to host them for me? I have no where to put them:(

get hosting on boards..maybe i had the output too high on the amp..u get the idea anyway i dunno

Hmm my boards hosting doesnt let me upload mp3's... Sign up for geocities free

lets u zip them tho

how do you zip them?

• Advertisement

use winzip or something and just make a new zip file

winzip.com is the website

Advertisement