Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

G-unit or G-Unot?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

Both Crap
    I will have to agree with makaveli Wu Tang are better than N.W.A but neither are particularily good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭scuba steve

Both Crap
    Ya they arent that great but better thaan NWA. I USED to like them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭RVN10

Both Crap
    Willem d i disagree but nwa are better

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭Kristok

So now liking current artists means you cant have listened to rap pre 2000. Some people move on and dont hold onto the past like everything new is rubbish.

This place has turned into a joke, its now the rap/hip hop/abuse everyone new section.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

No it hasn't.
    It has turned into the lets flood the forum with posts about g-unit/50 cent/game posts section.

Move on? You don't have to stop liking older stuff because there's new stuff out. Nobody said everything new is rubbish, you just decided to bring that up.

• Advertisement

Yea and thats because they happen to be the biggest names in rap right now and every rap message board talks about them, if you want to talk about rakim or someone then start a thread about them and stop ruining other threads. Its not even flooded with gunit etc posts sure there was another post where the complaints where that it was flooded with 2pac posts, one or two posts is not flooding the place. If its that you dont like game/50cent/g unit then change the rules and ban talking about them otherewise just leave people be and stop abusing them for posting about rappers which is what this place is suppose to be about regardless of when they came out.

And no there is nothing wrong with liking older rappers but music is a kids game and they are not going to like what you like no more than your average coldplay fan gives a crap about the beatles just because they where big in the past. I didnt decide to bring that up you and your kin did every time you down talk to people who say nelly etc are there favourite rapper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭deisedolly

Both Crap
    You 'REAL hip hop fans' are so funny. Just because those rappers are popular amongst teenagers doesnt make them crap. If they are what people want to listen to and talk about then let them do that. I'll admit that I like listening to the commercial rap, its more enjoyable to listen to as far as I'm concerned and I don't care if everyone else thinks it isn't 'cool'. 50 may have some crappy lyrics but his beats and hooks are brilliant and thats what I like and so what if thats what im listening to it for? I do like getting into the lyrics of an Eminem or Kanye West etc etc song but I'm just listening to it because I like the style of music. I don't declare myself all up on hip hop of the past and present, it's just music lads take a chill pill!

Both Crap
    deisedolly wrote:
    You 'REAL hip hop fans' are so funny. Just because those rappers are popular amongst teenagers doesnt make them crap. If they are what people want to listen to and talk about then let them do that. I'll admit that I like listening to the commercial rap, its more enjoyable to listen to as far as I'm concerned and I don't care if everyone else thinks it isn't 'cool'. 50 may have some crappy lyrics but his beats and hooks are brilliant and thats what I like and so what if thats what im listening to it for? I do like getting into the lyrics of an Eminem or Kanye West etc etc song but I'm just listening to it because I like the style of music. I don't declare myself all up on hip hop of the past and present, it's just music lads take a chill pill!
    Fari play

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭deisedolly

Both Crap
    Scuba Steve, will ya just admit that you prefer commercial rap, there's no shame in that!

Kristok wrote:
    Yea and thats because they happen to be the biggest names in rap right now and every rap message board talks about them, if you want to talk about rakim or someone then start a thread about them and stop ruining other threads. Its not even flooded with gunit etc posts sure there was another post where the complaints where that it was flooded with 2pac posts, one or two posts is not flooding the place. If its that you dont like game/50cent/g unit then change the rules and ban talking about them otherewise just leave people be and stop abusing them for posting about rappers which is what this place is suppose to be about regardless of when they came out.

And no there is nothing wrong with liking older rappers but music is a kids game and they are not going to like what you like no more than your average coldplay fan gives a crap about the beatles just because they where big in the past. I didnt decide to bring that up you and your kin did every time you down talk to people who say nelly etc are there favourite rapper.

Me and my kin eh?
    Where was Rakim mentioned in this thread? Seems you're a little bit sore from another thread here. Holding grudges are we?
    There has been a flood of Game/50 Cent/2pac posts recently. But this place has turned into a joke so I guess you don't bother to browse the forum anymore.
    This thread was about who is better the Game or 50 Cent, people are well entitled to say they dislike both. That's hardly flaming.

But hey, you continue your fight for the little man. The oppressed who feel they are berated every time they start a post about a "commercial" or "new" or "popular" rapper. Or at least who you feel are put down.

STAND UP FOR YOUR RIGHTS. REPRESENT! REPRESENT!

• Advertisement

Funny stuff, havnt seen hilarious jokes like that since i was in primary school.

Makaveli wrote:
    Me and my kin eh?

You and the other posters who have the elitists attitude.
    Makaveli wrote:
    Where was Rakim mentioned in this thread?

Thats called an example.
    Makaveli wrote:
    Seems you're a little bit sore from another thread here. Holding grudges are we?

What i cant disagree with you without it being something personal.
    Makaveli wrote:
    There has been a flood of Game/50 Cent/2pac posts recently. But this place has turned into a joke so I guess you don't bother to browse the forum anymore.

Thats all in your imagination mate, there has been no flood. As i said if you dont want to talk about them then start a thread about something else ie rakim etc etc.

Kristok wrote:
    What i cant disagree with you without it being something personal.

It wasn't a disagreement with me in that thread. So eh, it's nothing personal, but you sure do come across awfully bitter.
    You seem to have a major problem with a certain proportion of the posters on this forum, as you put it, my kin. Here's a tip, put those people on ignore.

Hip-Hop elitism my ass. A good deal of posters here equate chart success with being the best. To disagree with this isn't being eliteist. You just have your chip on your shoulder.

There have been a lot of new threads started lately and the vast majority related to 2pac or 50 Cent etc. Stuff that could have been confined to one thread. Unlike you I have to read all posts on this board, and it becomes a little boring reading the same thing over and over.

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭big syke

Kristok wrote:
    ..... every rap message board talks about them.....its not even flooded with gunit etc posts sure there was another post where the complaints where that it was flooded with 2pac posts, one or two posts is not flooding the place. .

thats probably because that particular board is from the slim shady/aftermath/g-unit records websites or other hip/pop websites

and yes our threads have been getting riddled with 2pac/g-unit/game posts evey day i log in theres something new about them e.g what do you think of game?, who is better game or g-unit? blah blah i dont mind these artists but seeing threads over and over is a little annoying

Makaveli wrote:
    It wasn't a disagreement with me in that thread. So eh, it's nothing personal, but you sure do come across awfully bitter.
    You seem to have a major problem with a certain proportion of the posters on this forum, as you put it, my kin. Here's a tip, put those people on ignore.

I come accross as bitter ? ok if disagreeing with people putting people down others is bitter in your book then fine call me what you want but im in no way bitter. And there is a certain proportion of this board who have an elitist attitude, and ive no problem with them untill they start acusing people of being uneducated because they dont know who some rapper or dj is from years ago.
    Makaveli wrote:
    There have been a lot of new threads started lately and the vast majority related to 2pac or 50 Cent etc. Stuff that could have been confined to one thread. Unlike you I have to read all posts on this board, and it becomes a little boring reading the same thing over and over.

Out of the 20 threads on the rap hip hop board there are 3 about game, 2pac and g unit, and that includeds this one. Thats one each. If you go onto the next page its about the same 3 out of 20. You accepted being mod noone forced you to, and in fairness your probably the best person for the job but if 3 out of 20 is too much for you then maby you should consider not doing it cause it aint that many. People are going to start a thread about something that was talked about last month or the month before just cause you or i read it dosnt mean someone else did and if people are posting then whats the harm. Last year this place was almost dead now at least people post something but i can see a time when it will go dead again cause people are only going to take so much crap before they just give up and move on.
    big syke wrote:
    thats probably because that particular board is from the slim shady/aftermath/g-unit records websites or other hip/pop websites

Very funny, Allhiphop.com,one of the biggest hip hop sites on the net. Their message board has a whole subsection dedicated to gunit and they still talk about everything rap related without whining that the place is flooded with posts.

Kristok wrote:
    Out of the 20 threads on the rap hip hop board there are 3 about game, 2pac and g unit, and that includeds this one. Thats one each. If you go onto the next page its about the same 3 out of 20.

Taking page one and two of the board, take into account Eminem too who I just didn't bother mentioning.

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=274945
    http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=273675
    http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=274746
    http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=273897
    http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=273945
    http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=270948
    http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=271191
    http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=270502
    http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=265743
    http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=261133
    http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=262867

1 in 4 basically. Which is quite a high number on what is essentially a quiet forum as you said yourself. But that's just threads, it doesn't include posts in other more generic threads banging on about them too.

No eminem wasnt included even if he was 1 in 4 posts about everything related to them is still not flooding the place. If it was 9 out of 10 posts then id agree with you but your seriously imagining this so called flood.

So again if you have a problem with people talking about these rappers then ban all talk about them and you can enjoy reading the posts that will be left. If your not going to do that then why spoil threads or as your the mod let people spoil the threads, whats the point just ignore them and post in the other 3 out of 4 threads.

Both Crap
    deisedolly wrote:
    Scuba Steve, will ya just admit that you prefer commercial rap, there's no shame in that!
    I never disagreed or anything saying i didnt prefer commercial rap or never said i was ashamed of sayin it either biiatch

• Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

I don't like 50 Cent but the Game is alright as far as I'm concerned, he's more real. One thing that did annoy me though was a line off "Dreams"; "the dream of Hughie P, that's what I'm living through".

Hughie P Newton was a great man who devoted his life in serving his people and fighting the scourge of drugs and gang-violence, his dream and behaviour was far different from the Game's, a man who revels in the pollution of his own community with drugs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭sugardaddy

wat the hell is this crap about 50 cent and the game being bad rappers??they ARE the best rappers around now.in m opinion i think that the game is betterbu i can not believe how its even possible fo people not to like songs like ``this is how we do.,put me under:hiher ,westside connection and then 50 cent with in da club,if i cant ,cany shop, patiently waiting ,21 questions.i mean honestly how can u not ike these songs and they're others.if people dont like people like the game or 50 cent then they r just idiots when it comes to rap.i think it was shakespere who said it best when he said that critics no the cost of everyhing but the worth of nothing

Yes, if people don't like The Game or 50 Cent they are idiots when it comes to rap.
    Well said, you just made us all look so foolish.

oh meh god I r teh idiot.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭ubu

sugardaddy wrote:
    wat the hell is this crap about 50 cent and the game being bad rappers??they ARE the best rappers around now.in m opinion i think that the game is betterbu i can not believe how its even possible fo people not to like songs like ``this is how we do.,put me under:hiher ,westside connection and then 50 cent with in da club,if i cant ,cany shop, patiently waiting ,21 questions.i mean honestly how can u not ike these songs and they're others.if people dont like people like the game or 50 cent then they r just idiots when it comes to rap.i think it was shakespere who said it best when he said that critics no the cost of everyhing but the worth of nothing

Where did you come from? whatever incoherant place it was just go back there and stop posting stupidly embarrassing things like that again.

Hes right your all idiots when it comes to rap haha. I want to see more shakespere references around here its refreshing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 G UNIT SOLDIER

G g gggggggg UNit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 905 ✭✭✭Ay Cee

G g gggggggg UNit

Well said :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭David19

No need to drag this up.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement