Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Le Rack

if you are referring to "would you prefer I call you scumbags or skangers?" then I think you will find you are wrong. I did not say "You Scuba Steve are a scumbag." I used it in the plural and did not direct it at anybody in particular, you just happened to be the poster who disagreed with my calling you (in plural) chavs, which round here, as I will again state, is a much politer term than scumbag, as I did not intend to offend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭RVN10

Man wats your beef , you cant just single out rap music cos of one person thats not on , i particularily like rap music and the label scumbag or skanger you cant jus say that..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Le Rack wrote:
    if you are referring to "would you prefer I call you scumbags or skangers?" then I think you will find you are wrong. I did not say "You Scuba Steve are a scumbag." I used it in the plural and did not direct it at anybody in particular, you just happened to be the poster who disagreed with my calling you (in plural) chavs, which round here, as I will again state, is a much politer term than scumbag, as I did not intend to offend.

Bullshít, and the fact you say it's politer than scumbag implies you still meant to offend. Muppet.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

Le Rack wrote:
    I'm not from calcutta, and I never said or assumed its like that everywhere, I know "scumbags" frm other areas that are sound, I'm simply saying that is the way it is down here and that the words scumbag, skanger, kev and chav are used to describe such people that listen to such music.

How can you know a "sound scumbag"? Surely that's an oxymoron? Or are you the type who labels all people from working-class estates "scumbags" or "scobes" or whatever? The levels of snobbery I come across on this site is unreal to be honest. I'm from a working-class estate, am I a "scumbag" because I happen to be from a corporation estate as opposed to private housing?

As for your comment regards music, if you seriously label people who like hip-hop "scumbags" you are delusional son, and have some proper maturing to do. Scumbag is a derogatort term and when used against those of a different class is akin to calling a black person a "n*gger" or a gay person a "****" ie it's not on.

FTA69 wrote:
    How can you know a "sound scumbag"? Surely that's an oxymoron? Or are you the type who labels all people from working-class estates "scumbags" or "scobes" or whatever?

As for your comment regards music, if you seriously label people who like hip-hop "scumbags" you are delusional son, and have some proper maturing to do. Scumbag is a derogatort term and when used against those of a different class is akin to calling a black person a "n*gger" or a gay person a "****" ie it's not on.

Bravo you hit the nail on the head

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭scuba steve

Just because you got beat up by a 12 year old you try take it out on someone your not talking face to face to.

Dam straight scuba steve

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭scuba steve

Why yes I am straight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭ubu

Le Rack wrote:
    ~For the love of gaud I never said that the music is telling them to kill us, but all the ones that try to kill us listen to this music. Yet you cant seem to get past this :)

wtf, are you mentally retarted?, that brick the 12 year old hit you with must have done some permanent damage, the ones trying to "kill you" listen to rap and they are scumbags thus everyone who listens to rap is a scumbag, thats your logic and its fundamentally flawed if you can't accept that then you are unbelievably stupid.

and i take back what i said, please fúck off now.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Locking this now.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement