Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting past jealousy....

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Selik

dr.barbie wrote:
    Boy/girl friendships are a recipe for diaster imho, obviously being friends with the opposite sex is normal and generally problem free,but friends who get jealous of each others lovelives are not in a healthy friendship. these kind of things only end in diaster, believe me, ive seen it happen. also ,you could be shutting the door on a potentially great relationship with someone else,because unless the someone else is very accommadating, they wont take kindly to your female best buddy and vice-versa. sorry to sound so negative :(

Hitting the proverbial nail on the head...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭nobodythere

I know what you're saying... I wouldn't be here if I thought that it was a healthy thing to be jealous about that... Me gots some thinkin' to do. Thanks again for all of the posts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Oscar Hugo

I've been reading all the comments/advice here and one thing strikes me.... From your original post you seem to "care" for this girl as opposed to just fancying her. If that's the case there's something else to consider; at 17 boys (and girls, for you) will come and go but true friendship lasts. If you try to turn your friendship into a realtionship you will lose this girl - you said yourself you're not talking about marrying her - so ask yourself which would be better, a few months of fun or a lifetime of having someoneyou know you can always trust and turn to when you need a friend.

The jealousy will fade, at your age jealousy is a part of life. Having good friends around you will build your self esteem and help to eliminate the insecurity which causes you to feel jealous.

Advertisement