Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

What county has the worst Drivers?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,556 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

There's a classic post somewhere here from about three months ago from a girl who said she was annoyed that everyone kept 'flashing' her when she was using the 'fast lane' on the M50.

After the intial 30 flames in response, she admitted she was on a provisional licence. Chaos ensued and a mod had to close the thread down.

Worst of all are the kids who mod their 'cars'. I was driving down the NCR last week and I saw, wait for it, a modded 10 year old Fiat Punto - tinted windows, spoiler, alloys, big exhaust, the lot. We were stopped in traffic and I felt like getting out of my car and just standing and pointing and laughing at the said vehicle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

mike65 wrote:
    That remeinds me of Carnew Co Wexford, the main road through has a pinch point at the west end but that don't stop 'em parking on both sides on yellow lines of course.

Mike.
    Mike, has wexford been out invading again? lol :D

Carnew is in Co. Wicklow. I agree the parking in the place sucks ass:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭Silvera

Which county is worst ?

.............all 32 ! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Bond-007 wrote:
    Mike, has wexford been out invading again? lol :D

Carnew is in Co. Wicklow. I agree the parking in the place sucks ass:D

Me checks atlas.... :o

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,352 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Its a fish out of water scenario. Rural drivers are bad in towns, town drivers bad in the city and city driver bad in the country.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Dilbert75

Worst county? Kilkenny, without doubt, north to south, east to west.
    Worst town? Gorey could run a close second to any Kilkenny town - automotive Brownian Motion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭franksm

Dublin :(

I'm just back from summer-hols in Portugal, and we had rented a car for the whole time there (diesel Megane - nice engine, horrible car). Even with locals, other tourists, my deciphering road-signs and driving on the right, I found the driving all very unstressed. No problems on motorways particularly - people let you merge, etc. When you want to overtake, they move over to the hard shoulder, etc etc.

We flew back to Belfast and spent some time there (my home town) and again all very unstressful.

Yesterday, we loaded up the car and made the trip from Belfast to Dublin. All fine until we hit the motorway after Swords or so - people merging onto the motorway went straight to lane-2 and stayed there; the tailgating began in earnest. Trying to merge off the motorway (lane-1) onto the sliproad to take us to the M50... people were crossing the hatching from way back and wouldn't let us in; jerks (in SUVs particlarly) were coming up lane-2 and swinging all the way onto the slip road, nearly taking our front bumper with them. And it went like that all the way to Clonee... not to mention the people breaking red-traffic-lights...

Yeah, I know there's another thread about this, but it was *so* obvious to see it so blatently when coming in from "abroad". Things must be bad when we make the "Europeans" look like good drivers :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭kermit_ie

There's a classic post somewhere here from about three months ago from a girl who said she was annoyed that everyone kept 'flashing' her when she was using the 'fast lane' on the M50.

After the intial 30 flames in response, she admitted she was on a provisional licence. Chaos ensued and a mod had to close the thread down.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=209235

Advertisement