Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

What county has the worst Drivers?

Options
  • 28-06-2005 3:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭

Easy the one which has the most women drivers in it.

But Louth is very BAD, especially Dundalk.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Of the "foreign" registrations commonly seen around the Dublin area I'd say Kildare (KE) seems to have more than it's fair share of w@nkers based on my own personal experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,269 ✭✭✭DubTony

Definitely Louth. Thy drive like lunatics. I think it comes from the time when they were trying to get away from British soldiers at the border. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭pontovic

DubTony wrote:
    Definitely Louth. Thy drive like lunatics. I think it comes from the time when they were trying to get away from British soldiers at the border. :)

my girlfriend is from Dundalk and she says alot of the drivers from the North drive like lunatics when theyre down in louth. from my experience of being in northern ireland, i can see theyre pretty crazy up there too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭kluivert

Am just down the road from Dundalk in Co. Monaghan and i would have to agree with your gf there about Northern Drivers, but when you think about it there's alot of people living in Dundalk with NI Reg's.

I consider it easier to drive through Dublin City than down Park St in Dundalk. Theres a greater chance on being hit by some w@nker pulling out infront of you or something in Dundalk. Theres another thing in Dundalk that everyone does....

Walk out in front of you on the road...if you did this in Dublin you would be runned over and the driver would wave the two fingers at you.
    Swinging car doors wide open that are parked on the side of the street.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Down here in the south, it's a tie between Tipp and Kerry drivers for me.

Tipp-people don't seem to know how to use dims, and Kerry people just drive as they damnn well want

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Donegal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭jayok

Interestingly, before I even read the first post, I was thinking Louth. They do seem to drive like lunatics, always overtaking and cutting me off. Wow, talk about a generalisation! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I have found in my years on the road (for a living) that the furthur wesht you go the worse the driving (and parking). And the smaller the town the worse it gets.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Clare for me. They don't know what a no overtaking sign means and the speed limits are merely suggested target limits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭mondeoman

WEXFORD for sure :rolleyes: ,Enniscorthy in General,worst driving i have ever seen :eek: ,driving in the middle of the road,roundabouts(don't get me started)parking on double yellows,double parking,parking on the side of the road for a CHAT!!!!!!,(no room to park on side,not main road),driving with children standing in the front & rear of car!!,
    I could go on & on but i won't :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,450 ✭✭✭blastman

Louth/Meath gets my vote. Cr@p roads breeding even cr@pper drivers......

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,113 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Same happens in Donegal :(

They'll either drive like loons, or drive around 80km/h on a 100km/h road glued to the white line..

As for worst county... hmm, they all probably have their moments.
    my girlfriend is from Dundalk and she says alot of the drivers from the North drive like lunatics when theyre down in louth. from my experience of being in northern ireland, i can see theyre pretty crazy up there too

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

I'd say in any county, the more rural you get, the worse it becomes.

The narrower and windier the roads, the larger the number of old boys and biddies that hog the road in second gear, never indicate and pull in and out at will (sure, everybody knows, I always turn off here). Also, as that number rises, the number of people overtaking the oldies at breakneck speed and in hair-raising circumstances rises disproportionately.

As for parking ...abandoning at will would probaly best describe it. Often in second or third row engine running and hazard lights flashing :D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,932 Mod ✭✭✭✭Turner

Louth or Donegal... northern influence and all that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭Dac51

Has to be Kilkenny. Slowest drivers in Ireland.

Dac51 wrote:
    Has to be Kilkenny. Slowest drivers in Ireland.
    Agreeed, 60km/h in a 100 is the norm :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭dawballz

Was passing through Kildare the other day and saw one of those signs "90 people killed in <Kildare> in the last 4 years"
    You know the ones.
    Well it is the highest number I've seen so far..

Possibly because of all the commuters to Dub, so it probably has a high population(obviously?) more cars etc.

So according to those signs, I say Kildare.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Easily_Irritated

Leitrim or Donegal

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭bucks

Tipp. We have the worst driver in the country!!
    Cant park, cant drive in any gear bar first, cant use indicators, cant stay on there own side of the road....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭commited

Dublin.They all suck. And they cant use motorways.

• Advertisement

dawballz wrote:
    Was passing through Kildare the other day and saw one of those signs "90 people killed in <Kildare> in the last 4 years"
    You know the ones.
    Well it is the highest number I've seen so far..

Possibly because of all the commuters to Dub, so it probably has a high population(obviously?) more cars etc.

So according to those signs, I say Kildare.
    I think the numbers on the signs in Louth and Meath are the highest. In the 100's last time I was up that way. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭IDMUD

commited wrote:
    Dublin.They all suck. And they cant use motorways.

Agreed, the idea of changing lanes to let others onto the motorway is a strange and mystic concept to most here.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭Dr.Feelgood

Yeah Louth is bad for drivers, i know Dundalk like the back of my hand and i know some drivers in dundalk and they are as dangerous as they come, but alot of Northerners around yeah-

Alot of uninsured too.
    They'd hit you and drive off leaving you with damage or injury!!!

But there are sh1t drivers everywhere.

Tory Islands Choc-a-bloc these days i hear

• Registered Users Posts: 9,556 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

Louth/Meath/Cavan everytime. Lunatics all.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

I am not sure about the county but anytime i see a "C" reg I run! It seems a cork registered car comes with a special dispensation that allows the driver to ignore all other road users, pass blind on bends, speed recklessly and not worry about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭growler

Clare / Galway for me , seems to be only two types of driver : ones that go at a constant 50% of the speed limit and ones that go at twice the speed limit, both are equally annoying.

I have a special place in my heart though for the good people of Charleville in Cork, which never ceases to provide an example of insane motoring / parking every time I pass through it (although I now bypass it to avoid road rage). Charleville invented the concept of blind reversing (at speed, with fogged windows, 12 kids and a farm animal in the back seat) onto main roads. They also liek to stop for a chat with cars heading the other way or pause at traffic lights (green) to get out for chips. Grrr

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

Bond-007 wrote:
    Clare for me. They don't know what a no overtaking sign means and the speed limits are merely suggested target limits.

I agree. Lots of lunatics tailgating and suicidally overtaking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

Meath drivers are by far the worst! I've had many an arguement with MH reg's esp BMW "Sports car" drivers LOL.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

growler wrote:
    I have a special place in my heart though for the good people of Charleville in Cork, which never ceases to provide an example of insane motoring / parking every time I pass through it (although I now bypass it to avoid road rage). Charleville invented the concept of blind reversing (at speed, with fogged windows, 12 kids and a farm animal in the back seat) onto main roads. They also liek to stop for a chat with cars heading the other way or pause at traffic lights (green) to get out for chips. Grrr

That remeinds me of Carnew Co Wexford, the main road through has a pinch point at the west end but that don't stop 'em parking on both sides on yellow lines of course.

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

In the South drivers are plain rubbish and stupid-ignorant, in the North they are aggressive and rude-ignorant.

I find that cars from culchie counties are more likely to sit out all day overtaking lane of the Motorway, even when there is no traffic ahead.

Plus two generalisations:
    People driving BMW 3-series are w@nkers
    People in Mercs drive like they are under anaesthetic

Advertisement