Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Stuff happening in the city

Options
  • 26-06-2005 12:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭

Ok so all old development threads seem to have been deleted!

This to discuss and to let others know about any new developments in the city, from the eco roads ... to pedestrianising of Bedford row... to Riverpoint Tower.... etc.

Did ye know the cheapest apartments in Riverpoint tower are €300,000?

When is the work on Bedford Row going to begin?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭ricey

anyone got any info on the c.roundabout development any links something like that
    cant really find anything.

And anyone know what the new dunnes on the ennis rd is going to be like, iv heard its fairly big inside and a macdonalds is going there, should be cool.

or anyone here about a fine wines on the ennis road across from the new dunnes?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭scuba steve

Ya i heard Fine Wines is going in there any i heard Subway, Lifestyle or JJB and some music shop are going in to new dunnes. Ivan (Ivans shop owner) has supposidly bought an outlet in the new dunnes to build a pub there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭mysterious

the old cresent section has low ceolings and should have built two storeys , and would eqaul the height of garryown mall??
    tesco is just ridcuolously small .

there is a lot happining in the city at the moment

let's hope it get the boundary ext.. if so it will bring huge investment to the city

its much bigger than galway but people tent to think its not ???

the savoy ? i think it wil go ahead late this year ot very early next year.

it would be cool to another high rise built on the opposite side of the shannon
    it would make the area seem very classy!

and lead ireland into the 21 century
    adding to the exixting and the amount of high density and been complementory to the shannon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Dave

Seriously people, learn the English language, your posts would come across a lot more coherent if ye did.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭zachler

I read lately that its the same morons redeveloping the Savoy site again. They did a bad enough job the first time. Its a disgrace that a complex like that needs complete rebuilding after less that 20 years.

Isn't the new greyhound track going to the Coonagh Roundabout? It'd be great if a new pub was going to open in the Dunnes building on the Ennis Road. They're aren't many pubs out that direction; only the Davin Arms really, and its a little rough.

The Davin arms is rough?? No, i don think so.

The new grayhound track is going out next to the two mile inn.

And ivan will never get away with a pub in the the new dunnes.

The Davin Arms is rough enough, but more importantly it's a hole.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

The Davin is most certainly not rough, in any sense of the word. Also when was the last time you were anywhere near there.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 79 ✭✭strettie

THere is no pub in the New Dunnes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭zachler

I was in there a few months ago for the first time in years. It's definitely got rougher, though its never been the kind of place I'd go for a pint.

I like the classy way they used to announce some soccer lotto numbers over the pub intercom on a Friday night - do they still do that?!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

none of the development threads have been deleted

they are still in the forum, but do not show up after thirty days. if you wish to see them you have to change the settings in your user CP. I only delet spam promoting websites.

Willem D wrote:
    The Davin is most certainly not rough, in any sense of the word. Also when was the last time you were anywhere near there.

2 weeks ago. Why?

Anyway
    back to devlopments in limerick....

the riverpoint wwill bfinished in two months approx
    as they are waiting to knock th st munchins house and repalce with a new 13 storey building that will aarchttecturally mirror the riverpoint.

there are plans for another hotel not far from the Clarion too
    and there is new devlopment land up since the old racecourse is ready fgor building.

a new hotel is palnned for the Ennis road , with 12 stoery in height.

an entire block at supermacs is rumoured to be lknocked down apart from supermacs itself .

the royal georrges site is also been knocked

there is a lot of potential in the city centre to devlop
    bu the likes of Dunnes and Roches are really neglecting there vacent sites.
    as with the urban sprawl of retail waerhousing in the surburbs due to cheaper rents and rates will futher drive retail out of the city.....

unless limerick get its act together.... :)

Man iv been in a lot worse places then the davin its not rough unless you went in there
    looking for things worng, the pub aint rough its the way its run the owner neilos a little rich kid #$%^&*£$ who thinks he owns the world because his horse won at Cheltenham
    a couple of years ago back in front. you know his dad gave him that pub as a wedding pres like wtf???

And ya the lotto is still on friday night, caherdavin celtic f.c.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭limerick_man

I only delet spam promoting websites.

Very funny indeed! Hem?

Anywho ... I never knew they where tearing down the royal George, thought they were just redoing it!

Its weird the whole point of the riverside project is to stop negecting the river and now with the money the city has, they are putting it towards area's near the river. But they seem to be ignoring the main streets of the city!

Do u know on O'Connell St., down in the business end (i think its by the Mallow Street junction? the way there are georgian buildings the whole way along but thn they are two smaller ugly shops! One is kong fu or something... it looks like they are pulling them down... anyone know the story?

The Leader said that there isnt a whole lot of public support for the extension! Even though the majourity want it, its not completly a one sided argument! I know I live in Raheen and want to be included under Limerick city!

Well the guys who did the Savoy, they did a good job... its just that the place wasnt cared for! Its not like its beacause of planning that the cinema was rat invested!

I cait wait to see the result of the eco roads! They better do nice footpaths this time... the stuff thats on Henry St, and Tait square is great... Limerick needs standardisation of our footpaths!
    They really make the place look better!

I think in Aurthurs Quay park.. they should remove all the railings, so to open the park further!

I cait wait to see the result of the eco roads! They better do nice footpaths this time... the stuff thats on Henry St, and Tait square is great... Limerick needs standardisation of our footpaths!
    They really make the place look better!

I think in Aurthurs Quay park.. they should remove all the railings, so to open the park further![/QUOTE]

there are plans upover the summer for the city centre,
    there are meant to be doing up Beford st and catherine street and partially pedstrenisation if O'Connells street. making geread st one way
    lets hope the old dunnnes get knocked to the ground and roches get a good kick in the b***x for they way they have idle units and making a ghost street out liddy st.
    your defeniatly right about there is hardly any focus on the city centre .
    lets hope they get there act togther and do a decent job.

im not to sure about the royal george i thought there were knocking it down because i seen the plans online a few weeks back and it look different to the building?

id prefer an extension of arthurs quay SC onto the park and have some sort of riverside shopping experience maybe?
    that park is a failure!
    its like a prison and there are to much trees and railings ! dosn do its job at all!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭gaf1983

The city needs a cinema in the city centre.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭scuba steve

Ya it does and on Caherdavin side but we'll have one here by next year anyway thank god

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

A cinema in the city would be good, but I can't say I miss the Savoy much. It had to be one of the filthiest in the country. The seats were sticky as ****, it was full of knackers and the volume levels were waaay too high.

• Advertisement

In Raheen we need a Fun World type thing!

Oh also, do you know the golf experience thing in UL, Irelands first every virtual golf... well in Raheen the Golf Pro shop that opened during the week has one too. Two new ones open in Limerick within a month and we are the only city in the country to have any! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭1huge1

In Raheen we need a Fun World type thing!

Oh also, do you know the golf experience thing in UL, Irelands first every virtual golf... well in Raheen the Golf Pro shop that opened during the week has one too. Two new ones open in Limerick within a month and we are the only city in the country to have any! :)
    whats part of ul is it in?
    sports complex?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,389 ✭✭✭jonski

well in Raheen the Golf Pro shop that opened during the week has one too.

Where exactly is this place ?

It was built by the guys who built caseys, the two have the same look! Its right beside it... the old Co-op place. Across from South Court Hotel, Beside the main entrence to Raheen Busiiness park and just off the Raheen Roundabout!

Hopefully that is enough of an explantation, the place in the UL is in the University Arena, by the main court, where the Limerick Lions Merchandise stand used to be! There is a big sign above the door saying "Total Golf Experience", ask at reception... I think you need to book it though!

The raheen one you just go in and rent it for €10 a half hour and hope no one is there!

hey, has any body any idea of new investments and projects up or new planning permissions for the city and the coming year and present,
    apart from the pedstrianisation and bedford dev. and oconnells street area :rolleyes: ???

the city really needs something new and fresh as Cork and Galway have really piicked up this year with their devlopments especially Cork, as the capital of culture is its full swing.

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭keevita

maybe if the railings were taken down in authurs quay park it might make it a little safer. not much, i guess, but it might help.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭1huge1

ive been in cork city for the better part of the last 2 weeks and i can say that the city of culture theme has done nothing for but, but cork is still doing very well huge devolepment and patrick street puts crusises street to shame

i was very impressed with patrick street

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

I like the way they have wheelchair accessible payphones in all the bus stops in cork. but the way the city is built is crazy. probably due to the fact that it is on hilly terain.

has anyone seen the new apartment block by the park on the Yellow Road. the scaffolding is coming down now and I have to say the dont look any different to any of the other appartment blocks in limerick. white with a redbrick base.

I was also against the idea of putting them there to begin with, but they are there now so that's that really.

Iagree with comments about
    Cork too!
    i do like patricks street though, our cruises street is to small to compete or be the heart of Limerick , even though its practially is the centre of the city.

Other than that nothin in Cork city sparks of interest me!
    jthere is so much hype going on in Cork!
    The media really neglectsLimerick , its so childlish....
    like in the Sunday times recently they stated that they were very surprised to realise limerick is on of the happiest cities to live in after Galway in Ireland ,
    as they say due to Limericks bad reputation....
    I laughed my barney off!

Without the huge invetment into cork aiport and major ring roads etc.

Just because there is so much of building going up in cork at the moment,
    dosent mean its the centre of Ireland???
    When the culture thing is gone Cork will defeinalty slow down ....

news for Limerick....
    the guiness site is up for devlopment.
    A new hotel planned for Ennis and Childers road
    puegoet opened a huge car show room recently in Dooradoyle
    there is more devlopment land at the park canal dev ready for building also.

The crecent ext. is nearly finished too!
    and the riverpoint will be ready in september. almost a thousands people will live and work there which will create a hive of activity at the riverside area.

hopefullly new high rises are planned in the near future to keep Limerick's skyline bold and on top of Ireland!!!!

• Advertisement

Well the thing is where? I would have expected somw rumour at least on a new building!

Advertisement