Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

gal for next round?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

EXCUSE ME SLIOTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-Where theres a Blitz theres a way... so wha if i'm in kosovo.

Sign me up.

Thx for remembering me ADREN!

ANd u mr ****ter (rhymes with slioter) I'll see you in the car park

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭hinch

santa whast the chances of you returning to FA after 2 rounds away

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭GreenHell

oh for the days of round2 pa living by the sit of your pants *sob* I miss thiefs

So yip count me in I'm sick **** if galaxies that end up with 7/8 active ppl.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 670 ✭✭✭Sliotar

blitz your supposed to sign yourself up...

santa yur really in the top 100 gals? cool smile.gif why did'nt you tell us, i could have used your great power to my advantage wink.gif

well i guess everything is pretty much arranged. i'll send everybody the password once the new round sign up starts. which is about 2 weeks away i suppose. dont you all go and forget about this, you'll hear from me again. wink.gif

hinch, the guy im organising this with is in FA, goes by the name of jaqui. hes bringing about 5 people with him. which leaves us with pretty much a full gal from the start with alliance support. should work out nicely

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by hinch:
    santa whast the chances of you returning to FA after 2 rounds away</font>
    Well hinch, last I saw... FA was a joke... more of an idea than an alliance.
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">"Oop's looks like I've got some incoming!"
    *joins #fa*
    "hello?"
    "er, heloo?"
    *50 mins later*
    *[FA]Someguy has quit IRC.*
    "er, great"</font>
    No defense, no retals, only a tag... what the hell for?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,043 ✭✭✭BKtje

If you one more fewl to join ya gal i;d like to smile.gif
    I'd be carrying the NRK tag and erm am about 17mil this round so i aint totally ****e tongue.gif

been playin 2 rounds.
    ne way if u need/want me
    just e-mail the e-mail
    (B-K@clandzr.com)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,339 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoLth

well, I'm sticking with Xer who are going off paralell next round seemingly. They gave us *a lot* of help this round.

It' a pity their commander quit. She found out half her gal were multies and quit planetarion over it. Bummer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Mills

Please can we not have the gal exclusively boards.ie members? Whitelancer got in some of his friends last round and I would have much preferred it if they hadn't been there.... We'll definately have no bother filling the galaxy with boards members, if you want to have members of whatever alliance in your gal sliotar I'll make a galaxy for boards ppl when the time comes.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

I've missed recruitment this time, however I do have about 7 or 8 people including myself all Irish and Dublin based. Most of us played together in this round. We're all about 10mil average but we'll do much better in the next round. And there's no muppets most of these guys have been playing war-games of one kind or another together for years. So if there is a second boards galaxy or a boards related galaxy we'll join, either way we'll join the boards alliance.

the idea of a 100% boards gal is appealing, but what i have going atm is going to be about 80% boards. i'm only bringing in 1 alliance friend, but he wants to bring 4 of his friends. this guy is very good at pa, and pretty trustworthy. i dont think he will be bringing any muppets into the gal. i reckon this would be a nice balance, a bit of outside help is aways useful.

what do the rest of you think? you want a fully boards gal? or a mostly boards gal with some outside help?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

I would like to take part in the next round now that i have loads of internet idling time at work. remind me when its time to sign up, and if theres room in the new boards galaxy i'd like to join ye.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

God damn i really should check the boards more often , C'mon sliotar ya gotta make room for me!
    i'll be more active next round and wont be arseing around trying to kill canadians , well not in gal anyway , we should try to find them *******s next round and batter the **** of them,just as a recreational activity of course.
    Well if ya got room , then i am in again.

HeHe....^Cánadian is blocked out hah! funny.
    «Donal|R

[This message has been edited by draffodx (edited 09-08-2001).]

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,339 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoLth

have to say that I think we should give preference to peeps wanting to transfer from this round.

Ok, we aren't big but when it came down to it those canuks didn't know what hit them smile.gif

except mattsie...mutter mutter mumble... if there's a chaos period I want to hit him smile.gif repeatedly. GBH on a planetary scale.

Not trying to sound elitist but the memebrs of 66:18 have learned the hard way about the value of a stable gal, I think we'd be quite unlikely to rock the boat unless there was damn good reason.

nothing is definite just yet, not many ppl have said whether they want an all-boards gal or a mostly boards gal with some trustworthy outsiders.

the last thing we want is another split in the boards, like at the start of the current round. i have no problem with an all boards gal, but i need to let my alliance m8 whats happening. as far as he's concerned im bringing about 17/18 ppl with me and hes bringing about 5/7. i cant just leave him for dead just before the round begins.

let me know what you think, all boards or mostly boards with some outsiders??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭Oogy_Boogy

Well sliotar,
    me personally: i dont really care whether its 80% or 100% boards. but ur right, an all boards gal is temptin. but i dont care so do what ya want smile.gif anyway thats my 2 euro cents

Oogy_Boogy

"Dont Drink & Drive. Smoke & Fly"

Make sure you leave 2 planets open for use as farms, oh yes... that's the only way to keep up with the top-100 galaxies that have at least 2 farms.
    Or we could just play the game as it was intended and not play to win, it's your call.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭hinch

santa sorrt to hear about that

I certainly never noticed it and i have 2 clients online 24/7

we attack ever y night and usually 1 day time roid too

we usually retal too ifwe`d nown about it we could have helped

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭Oogy_Boogy

so when is plantarion over now?

"Dont Drink & Drive. Smoke & Fly"

Reset is on Monday i think @ 17:00gmt (18:00 game time)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭Kensai

Why not make 2 boards galaxies in cluster?
    Get 3 people on irc to make a new galaxy instantly, 2 will have to be in one cluster smile.gif

• Advertisement

i dont think we would be able to fill 2 boards galaxys. at the beginning of the current round we had 2 boards galaxys, 1 was filled 1 was half filled and invaded by canadians as you've all heard before... wink.gif
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Get 3 people on irc to make a new galaxy instantly, 2 will have to be in one cluster</font>

how do you figure that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭Kensai

How can i not figure it?
    If you make 3 at the same time, at least 2 will be in the same cluster..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,307 ✭✭✭richindub2

Have you any idea how fast people sign up? Whitelancer signed our gal up last round at 3pm, sign ups started at 10am, and it was past c 300...You'd have to be mega lucky to get them in the same cluster plus there will probally be a shuffle again like last round, which might move them out of the cluster.

[This message has been edited by richindub2 (edited 12-08-2001).]

well anyways, my alliance mate wants 6 places in the gal, which seems reasonable to me. i'm pretty sure he's trustworthy, but even if it all goes wrong and he does bring along a complete bunch of ar53holes, we'll still have a very strong numerical advantage. we'll be able to vote out anybody who really gets at us, or just beat them into the ground wink.gif. any major objections?

if not, that means there are 19 places to fill from the boards. people who have confirmed that they want to be in the gal will get preference. heres the list-

Sliotar
    Adren
    Lolth
    Winning Hand
    Whitewash (whats your friends name btw?)
    Magwitch
    Oogy_boogy
    Draffodx
    Evil Phil
    Demonbaby
    Dead{o}Santa
    B-K-DzR
    PHB
    Micro
    StrataGIST
    Blitzkrieg
    Mills
    Kayos
    Greenhell

is there anybody on that list who does'nt want to be in the gal? just so i can clear things up a bit. including wwmans friend thats 20 people, but im expecting at least 1 to drop out.

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Winning Hand

Sliotar, why not offer the other places to guys in our gal, martinion, gladstone (alright we know they are the same person, because the population of australia is 1 smile.gif) et al. Oh, lets not forget madmax, what gal would be complete without the galaxy idiot?

Nice one smile.gif
    looking forward to it

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by hinch:
    santa sorrt to hear about that
    I certainly never noticed it and i have 2 clients online 24/7
    we attack ever y night and usually 1 day time roid too
    we usually retal too ifwe`d nown about it we could have helped
    </font>
    Nah, I was talking about how it was when I was in it... shortly after you left the alliance and pretty much most of the time you were still there.
    This is probably 2 rounds ago, maybe things have changed... but really what's needed more than anything are large planets willing to make revenge attacks for the little ones, making sure [FA] gets a reputation that you don't f*ck with them without getting your a$$ burned.

Having outsiders removes the point of a boards galaxy, and their dedication to the game could be different, or their skill or whatever, there's a high chance it will all end in tears like the last half boards gal. We can easily fill 1 galaxy with boards members, but not two i don't think, best to get as many as we can in one galaxy and play the game for fun and the way it's meant to be played, not have half the people wanting to play to win (ahem). Last round the boards galaxy fell to pieces, and IMO the starting point of this was getting people in from the outside who the others didnt know, there was a divide in the galaxy straight away, then it all went down hill....

Also, i don't think a list is a good idea. create the galaxy on the day, post the password up here, 1 account per person, first come first served. That way you get all people who want to be in our galaxy at the start of the round, instead of saving spaces for people who might change their mind and messing about with that kind of thing. it doesn't matter who creates the galaxy, just the first person to get signed up will work.

• Advertisement

that seems to make sence alright. you should be the one organisin this mills smile.gif

are you sure we can fill a gal just from the boards?

if we are 100% sure about that, then one of us will create a new gal when sign up starts and post the pass here. anybody reading the boards who sees it can join.

i orginally wanted to bring in an alliance m8 because i did'nt think i would be able to fill a gal from the boards alone, but that would not appear to be the case....

Advertisement