Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New DUBLIN test Server - FREE

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

Wonderful Pingoo! Good job mate! ;)

I'll probably be connecting to one of the CoD servers tonight... Anybody else interested lads? And when TS is running perhaps we could have that S&D match we've been trying organise for so long! :D What do you guys think?

Spooky is your IBB connection fixed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭pingoo

Wonderful Pingoo! Good job mate! ;)

I'll probably be connecting to one of the CoD servers tonight... Anybody else interested lads? And when TS is running perhaps we could have that S&D match we've been trying organise for so long! :D What do you guys think?

Spooky is your IBB connection fixed?

Hi Steffano, no problem. TeamSpeak is already on but I haven't turn it on yet because I was finishing the tests on it first ;) It should be fine by Friday normally. I swear, I'll be playing this weekend for sure :D We'll chat along as well ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

I'll be on but S&D is not good for me !! too much like CS

S&D won't be for tonight Drap! Tonight it will be non-stop stupid killing! ;)

So CoD TDM or CoD DM?

So CoD TDM or CoD DM?

What time do you plan on playing Steffano, I might join you for a quickie :) I'm more a UO TDM man myself :)

So CoD TDM or CoD DM?

TDM (- ship map please)

Drapper wrote:
    TDM (- ship map please)
    Hi Drapper, I dropped Ship from the rotation from both DM and TDM ;)

No one interested in UO?

pingoo wrote:
    Hi Drapper, I dropped Ship from the rotation from both DM and TDM ;)

No one interested in UO?

I've all your servers in my ASE so I'll play either once there is others on the servers! I'm on after 8is !

Post a gather i the COD thread ! Sppoky is always up for UO too!

D

Drapper wrote:
    I've all your servers in my ASE so I'll play either once there is others on the servers! I'm on after 8is !

Post a gather i the COD thread ! Sppoky is always up for UO too!

D

Well I'll probably travel around the servers anyway so I'll probably meet you all there :) Be nice and gentle with me :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

excellent pingoo. Im up for a good cod uo tdm tonight. What do you say? Everyone on the server at around 8?

excellent pingoo. Im up for a good cod uo tdm tonight. What do you say? Everyone on the server at around 8?

I'm in !

I'll be there as well, sure this time :D

I should be back from my tennis game by then so see you all on the UO TDM server! :D

cool. I asked some members of my clan to join in. They might or might not be able to but we will see.

Hi guys, just finished to fix the console access on UO servers. Didn't notice that 1.51 added the sv_enableclientconsole variable, it's fixed now ;)

• Advertisement

Well, I ended up playing tennis for 3 hours last night so I missed the start of that game... When I connected I saw BrokenArrows and a few of the AKA lads but I had to go take a shower and some dinner. When I came back at 9 P.M. nobody was connected... :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭crawler

Well, I ended up playing tennis for 3 hours last night so I missed the start of that game... When I connected I saw BrokenArrows and a few of the AKA lads but I had to go take a shower and some dinner. When I came back at 9 P.M. nobody was connected... :(

After all we do for ye for free and Tennis comes first! :) I dunno....

crawler wrote:
    After all we do for ye for free and Tennis comes first! :) I dunno....

I blame the Roland Garros effect on this one :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭kinkstr

Was on the UO server for a while tonite, ping of around 50 which was good as my eircom bb is acting up a bit lately, will try get on again soon :)

played for a while on the Up server last ngiht ! with Couch Potatoe and Spoky and some of the GFF lads !!

Sweet pings of 18 - 20 on NTL

Happy days!!

(shouts a request for the Awe Mod, and a few decent new maps!!)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Excellent pings but TDM is a real turn off.
    The server itself is excellent with 40-50 ping for me on 2mb eircom bb.

For awe and extra custom maps thre is the need to edit the server config plus have spare bandwidth from which those joining can quickly auto download and custom maps and the awe mod.

Hi guys,
    Well the Awe mod could be a good idea actually ... always good to try something new. Bandwidth wise we're good so it shouldn't really be a problem. Will probably do all that this week end then ;)

Gis a shout if ya need a hand editing server map cycle config or anything although your probably up to speed with this.

Dcully wrote:
    Gis a shout if ya need a hand editing server map cycle config or anything although your probably up to speed with this.

Well yeah I'm alright but one thing that we could do to get everyone involved is that if someone has a good rotation, a rotation that works and that they like so maybe you can just propose it on the board and then i'll apply it to the server so everyone will be involved and everyone will be happy ;)

Actually D, if you want any specific map that needs to be added that would be cool if you give me the name of the maps and maybe a place from where to get them ... if I have to look for them it might take longer :)

Cully send him that map pack on the GFF server! its class! and the AWE serverside files

Im currently taking feedback from GFF members on a new map cycle so i can rewrite a config.
    Its gonna be domination followed by HQ back to domination then HQ and so on,works really well for us.
    The awe mod is available here.
    http://www.awemod.com/?selected=aweuo10

Can we have an S&D CoD server going with no MOD and no custom Maps? Instead of one TDM and one DM... :(

Can we have an S&D CoD server going with no MOD and no custom Maps? Instead of one TDM and one DM... :(

yup, loose the DM ! S&D is better than that muck ! I think its enducive to epilepsy!

Thanks DCully for the link!

I will drop the DM for S&D tonight then to make everyone happy ;)

Good man Pingoo! I'll be on tonight then! I'll test the "kick player" function with the rcon if Drapper connects! :p

• Advertisement

Good man Pingoo! I'll be on tonight then! I'll test the "kick player" function with the rcon if Drapper connects! :p

Or you can kick me, that would give me the chance not to embarrass myself in front of everyone like the other day :D

By the way, AWE installed now, anyone wants to share a cfg file so I could have it running tonight for sure, if you give me the responsability of doing it it will be probably basic only at first ;)

you will when your picking the bullets from my Tommy from your gut !! ;-)

let the battle begin

guys, at what time d'ya plan on connecting coz I'll try to be there ... if girlfriend allows of course :D

pingoo wrote:
    guys, at what time d'ya plan on connecting coz I'll try to be there ... if girlfriend allows of course :D

9 ish ! :-)

get Xfire pingo most here keep in contact that way ! easiest way to get a game up and running !

Drapper wrote:
    9 ish ! :-)

get Xfire pingo most here keep in contact that way ! easiest way to get a game up and running !

Already on XFire Drapper, I just haven't give away my Handle yet ... I'm not that kinda guy you know :) I'll PM you my handle in a minute so if you want to add me ;) everyone who wants to stay in touch or even ask question on XFire, just drop me a PM with your handles and I'll them tonight ;)

All,

TeamSpeak is now enable on the server, please drop me PMs if you want logon details. This is only on testing trials of course as usual. Hope you'll like it.

Pingoo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

Dcully wrote:
    Excellent pings but TDM is a real turn off.
    The server itself is excellent with 40-50 ping for me on 2mb eircom bb.

For awe and extra custom maps thre is the need to edit the server config plus have spare bandwidth from which those joining can quickly auto download and custom maps and the awe mod.

I was away for a few days bit of a long weekend, and I hadent checked in on boards in a while. But if I had I could have changed that for ya last night cully while I was on. I only got my PM from pingo a few mins ago. Ah well im working tonight but after work I might pop on for a bit.

Hi Pingoo,

I went ahead and changed the CoD DM server to an S&D server with the following map rotation: Carentan, Dawnville, Harbor and Railyard. I also disabled Panzerfaust, changed round limit to 3 minutes and round limit to 20. I hope that's ok! :o

This should get a lot of people to connect (hopefully!). ;)

It's a pity the name of the server is "Gamejet_Cod_Server_[Deathmatch]" though... I don't think I can change that either...

Hi Pingoo,

I went ahead and changed the CoD DM server to an S&D server with the following map rotation: Carentan, Dawnville, Harbor and Railyard. I also disabled Panzerfaust, changed round limit to 3 minutes and round limit to 20. I hope that's ok! :o

This should get a lot of people to connect (hopefully!). ;)

It's a pity the name of the server is "Gamejet_Cod_Server_[Deathmatch]" though... I don't think I can change that either...
    No probs Steffano, the all point of having you guys as admin was to see what kinda stuff you like so you enjoy the server ;)
    Well I could get rid of the type of match name in the title no problem, I'll do that during the night so it doesn't bother anyone playing :)
    Interested in a TeamSpeak handle Stef?

• Advertisement

HQ mode rocks and would be worth a try,S&D is a wanna be CS tbh.

Yeah i was kinda planing on doing some HQ as well in the mix as it always gets a few players on the servers as well. SnD will be good also though.

I changed the map rotation on the servers to the type of maps that people like and i got rid of the large maps like mp_foy. Generally those type of maps are too big unless you have 15+ people playing.

Straight after changing the rotation of the UO DM server people started playing it. So im hoping that this will also happen for the other 2 servers. I didnt change the COD DM server as you wanted to try out the SD

I played some TDM last night got a few players on. Im planing on setting up ASE auto invites, when I can get my auto invite PC booting. That should get some bums on seats.

Whats ASE auto invites.

All seeing eye allowed you to invite people onto youre server. Only works with other ASE users. I can use a macro program to constantly do this over and over again every 5 mins It can invite 200 people to the server. Most people ignore them but it uasually gets a few players onto the server witch in turn attracts others to the server. Keeps the server busy but not too full. We use this on our BFV server and 1st-IB COD clan use it on their COD servers. The PC im planing to use wont boot atm so i havent started it going yet. A work in progress.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 216 ✭✭[AK47][JONNYNEW

Spooky is keeping me imformed about this server,

And i can set up the invites for you guy's,
    If you let me know which server has priority,

Spooky i tested the ping's from my house, 20/25 CLASS

Had a good laugh on the TDM server last night Spooky & Co.! Next time I'll come on TS wih you guys! ;)

Pity about the Panzerfaust being Enabled on that server though... Why exactly weren't you able to disable it Spooky?

Oh and did -={1st-IB}=-BOD stand for "Brian O'Driscoll"? :p

Pingoo did you take the CoD DM server offline? Won't refresh in ASE...

Had a good laugh on the TDM server last night Spooky & Co.! Next time I'll come on TS wih you guys! ;)

Pity about the Panzerfaust being Enabled on that server though... Why exactly weren't you able to disable it Spooky?

Oh and did -={1st-IB}=-BOD stand for "Brian O'Driscoll"? :p

Im having trouble with my Rcon when I connect to that server. It disapears. What version are ya using steph?
    And as for the panzerfaust youre just soar cause I fraged ya with it.

BOD is an english guy in our BFV clan and he had only baught COD yesterday we were giving him COD lessons. Its BOD the cartoon character he think he looks like.

Pingoo did you take the CoD DM server offline? Won't refresh in ASE...

Thats probably my fault. I was testing out some rcon commands on the server and when i tested the command to change the game type it said i had to restart the server for these changes to come into effect. So i entered the command "quit" which is supposed to restart the server.

I guessed that it would take a few minutes so i went off to dinner and got distracted and forgot about it.

I guess the server never restarted fully.

• Advertisement
Advertisement