Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

New DUBLIN test Server - FREE

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 5,042 Mod ✭✭✭✭spooky donkey

Yeah i was kinda planing on doing some HQ as well in the mix as it always gets a few players on the servers as well. SnD will be good also though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,500 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

I changed the map rotation on the servers to the type of maps that people like and i got rid of the large maps like mp_foy. Generally those type of maps are too big unless you have 15+ people playing.

Straight after changing the rotation of the UO DM server people started playing it. So im hoping that this will also happen for the other 2 servers. I didnt change the COD DM server as you wanted to try out the SD

I played some TDM last night got a few players on. Im planing on setting up ASE auto invites, when I can get my auto invite PC booting. That should get some bums on seats.

Whats ASE auto invites.

All seeing eye allowed you to invite people onto youre server. Only works with other ASE users. I can use a macro program to constantly do this over and over again every 5 mins It can invite 200 people to the server. Most people ignore them but it uasually gets a few players onto the server witch in turn attracts others to the server. Keeps the server busy but not too full. We use this on our BFV server and 1st-IB COD clan use it on their COD servers. The PC im planing to use wont boot atm so i havent started it going yet. A work in progress.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭[AK47][JONNYNEW

Spooky is keeping me imformed about this server,

And i can set up the invites for you guy's,
    If you let me know which server has priority,

Spooky i tested the ping's from my house, 20/25 CLASS

• Registered Users Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

Had a good laugh on the TDM server last night Spooky & Co.! Next time I'll come on TS wih you guys! ;)

Pity about the Panzerfaust being Enabled on that server though... Why exactly weren't you able to disable it Spooky?

Oh and did -={1st-IB}=-BOD stand for "Brian O'Driscoll"? :p

Pingoo did you take the CoD DM server offline? Won't refresh in ASE...

Had a good laugh on the TDM server last night Spooky & Co.! Next time I'll come on TS wih you guys! ;)

Pity about the Panzerfaust being Enabled on that server though... Why exactly weren't you able to disable it Spooky?

Oh and did -={1st-IB}=-BOD stand for "Brian O'Driscoll"? :p

Im having trouble with my Rcon when I connect to that server. It disapears. What version are ya using steph?
    And as for the panzerfaust youre just soar cause I fraged ya with it.

BOD is an english guy in our BFV clan and he had only baught COD yesterday we were giving him COD lessons. Its BOD the cartoon character he think he looks like.

Pingoo did you take the CoD DM server offline? Won't refresh in ASE...

Thats probably my fault. I was testing out some rcon commands on the server and when i tested the command to change the game type it said i had to restart the server for these changes to come into effect. So i entered the command "quit" which is supposed to restart the server.

I guessed that it would take a few minutes so i went off to dinner and got distracted and forgot about it.

I guess the server never restarted fully.

• Advertisement

Thats probably my fault. I was testing out some rcon commands on the server and when i tested the command to change the game type it said i had to restart the server for these changes to come into effect. So i entered the command "quit" which is supposed to restart the server.

I guessed that it would take a few minutes so i went off to dinner and got distracted and forgot about it.

I guess the server never restarted fully.

It was offline all yesterday evening... Can you reboot the server today/tonight by any chance?

Im having trouble with my Rcon when I connect to that server. It disapears. What version are ya using steph?
    And as for the panzerfaust youre just soar cause I fraged ya with it.

BOD is an english guy in our BFV clan and he had only baught COD yesterday we were giving him COD lessons. Its BOD the cartoon character he think he looks like.
    I enter rcon commands in ASE or directly in the in-game console... What software do you use?

Is it you that killed me with the Panzerfaust (i.e. the noob's weapon :p )? Ya bollix! I fragged the shnitz out of you after that though! ;) We should do it again some time!

I grew up in France so I didn't know about BOD the cartoon... Found a picture of him on the web though. So your mate is small, bald and has tiny little eyes? :p

Its very hard to kill with the panzerfsust I prefer rifles at dawn......ville

Is that a challenge? :p

U use rcon4cod, and the ingame console.

rcon4cod can be found here http://www.simonjbrown.eclipse.co.uk/rcon4cod/

It dosent have all the features of ASE but i find it works well.

I'll download it tonight and mess about with it ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

Well the 1st-IB lads ave been using the servers allot lately and it great! thanks SPooky and Steph for managing the service!

glad to have a server close to home with sweet pings.

We've also manged to get a few foreigners on the servers "Brits" lol and the get good pings too !

All steam (not CS) ahead!!!!

U use rcon4cod, and the ingame console.

rcon4cod can be found here http://www.simonjbrown.eclipse.co.uk/rcon4cod/

It dosent have all the features of ASE but i find it works well.

OK i`ll give that a go over the weekend. Kinda explains my problem, i was using rcon 5.2. But version 4 works just fine. We still use 3.5 over on the 1st-IB servers.

Good to see some new faces on the server last night!

Tex identify yourself! man you'll be some player once you get BB !!

and capecrusader ! your dam good!

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Hercule

Wat about me? i played too! :(

good to get a game of COD going with a few irish doods for once - nice pings too.

although caped and I desroyed the competition (like always) :p

hey AK47 GUTE SCHUSS!

• Advertisement

might be up for a few frags tonight ! :-)

youre a few free frags any night Drapper!

youre a few free frags any night Drapper!

lol spooky your gonna get one hell of a bashing at Darkside !

Perhaps! But when we play LAN games it will be a different mater.

So I take it yer going then! Good stuff batman!

Perhaps! But when we play LAN games it will be a different mater.

So I take it yer going then! Good stuff batman!

I'll be there but Sat morn I think

Great i`ll try to keep ya a spot over in our cornor.

Any other COD lads here going to darkside?

Is it this week-end (Darkside)?

yup

:( Won't be able to make it then... :(

• Advertisement

:( Won't be able to make it then... :(

typical !! ..................... dont think you'll ever make it !! do you really exist or are you a COD Bot send to whip all our arses (compliment)!!

Advertisement