Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Scoda Octavia vRS 1.8T

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

jimbling wrote:
    For now I think i am only serious about maybe getting a new exhaust system as i think standard sound of the vRS is a bit mild... what do u reckon on this ciarsD... since u drove one last night. I dont want a roar so much as a low growl....

Also my model is the 01 one... I think it was the 02 which started coming with 17" wheels as standard... mine are 16s... so I am thinking of upgrading there as well...

so where abouts is the best place to get an exhaust system pretty cheaply (and does it have any other implications for the car)

And where is the best place to look for and buy wheels... and if anyone has any opinions what would be a nice looking wheel for this car...

no probs jimbling - i was a passenger in one last nite but didnt drive it - my neighbour also has one - superb condition 01 model, i hope to drive this before he comes up the years - he's toying with the idea of getting another newer one or possibly brand new.
    like you said his 01 model initially came with the 16" alloys (nice wheel BTW) but he sourced a set of the 17" versions on briskoda.
    I can ask him over the weekend re: aftermarket exhaust/alloys for you if you like?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

I own a Seat Leon Cupra TDi my second Leon and its got a perfomance upgrade (GTI Direct)

Thanks good night!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,053 ✭✭✭jimbling

Thanks ciarsD... that would be great....

ya i really like the standard wheels as well... would just like them a small big bigger... I will decide it its worth the change after I find out the cost of the upgrade to 17s.

did he get the same wheels?

jimbling wrote:
    Thanks ciarsD... that would be great....

ya i really like the standard wheels as well... would just like them a small big bigger... I will decide it its worth the change after I find out the cost of the upgrade to 17s.

did he get the same wheels?

very same wheels again, only 17" in size, they really suit the car, so he's happy.

i will pop into him this evening and see what he suggests re: exhaust and possible places to pick up the 17s. :)

cheers for that....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭528i

jimbling wrote:
    okay guys.... thanks for all the info... i did a bit of reading up about it.. blaaablaa
    did you learn how to spell scoda [sic] then ?

dear god.... it don't think i can live with myself anymore.... its the bottom of the river for me....

jimbling wrote:
    cheers for that....

jimbling, his car is totally standard 'out of the showroom' only addition being a set of the 17" alloys which are now standard on them

he said best place for all the help and advice you need is briskoda.net as he didnt want to suggest something that he has no first hand experience or knowledge/interest of

Advertisement