Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 50+50 in the Fitz

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,896 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Just a note on what Davey said about the WSOP. There is something other than money to play for there. Deals have been done in the past but of course they played on to decide who gets the bracelet.
    I also find it amusing that someone would consider it worth mentioning that they have no fear of Joe Bloggs in Poker, County Dublin. Lets get real folks. I have no fear of yer man who comes into the Fitz every second Tuesday. Gives me a slight edge and is surely worth some respect.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭Imposter

PS's new structure for the big game every week is very good imo. They reserve minimum 10k from the money for the winner or the tournament. That way deals can be done if the players agree but they must play on for 10k (at least) to decide a winner. It's a nice chunk of cash even if it's only a smallish percentage of the overall pool.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭Juan Pablo

I felt left in a very awkward situation when Doc piped up about deals before starting. Stacks were CL 80k Me 40 k BD 36k with three or four others around the 33k mark. I had initially dismissed the deal but to my amazment the CL was happy with this leaving me in a situation where I'd need to get second to do better than the deal on offer (it included €100 credit for me and €200 credit for the CL, dont know about him but this is as good as cash for me) on a final table where no one would have been willing to play, it would seem, what with the willingness to deal and all that. So do I 1) Object and play against 8 people who'll now probably love to knock me out and go and try get second or 2) Take my 700 bills (550 + 50 scalps + 100 credit) and get home to bed mindful that I had to be somewhere in 8 hours , I chose 2, but on reflection I'm still not happy about it.

No excuse is worthy of such a decision! You need to put on one of those belts that albino in the da vinci code had on and repent. And you'll be repenting well into the next life

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭RoundTower

DeVore wrote:

If it was me this is the payout structure I would use from first to ninth.

The payout structure is as above. Some time in the final table, doesn't matter a whole lot when, you are the short stack and two players go all in before you. You have AA. What should you do?

This is why DeV's proposed structure would be bad for poker.

• Advertisement
Advertisement