Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nice guys

Options
  • 17-06-2005 2:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 36

Speaking as a red - hot blooded straight male I am I wrong when I say its a waste of time to be nice to women. They all say they want some1 nice but in reality they don't. I mean where's the adventurousness in being nice?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Old topic. Tip: women like people with a bit of originality, well me anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Son_of_Belial

Treat 'em mean... You really just need to find a healthy balance. By all means be a gentleman but make it clear right from the word go that you won't be a door-mat by any means and try to be assertive at times. Don't be a complete yes man. Women (in my experience anyway) like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Novocaine

Exactly. I've even come to learn that buying a woman a drink to try maintain her interest in you is also waste of time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭*Page*

if a guy treats me like an a$$ then they will have chance. If you treat me like a friend and be yourself i will get along with you better!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

*Page* wrote:
    if a guy treats me like an a$$ then they will have chance. If you treat me like a friend and be yourself i will get along with you better!
    ...but if he treats you like an ass, he'll still have a chance?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭shellby

Treat 'em mean... You really just need to find a healthy balance. By all means be a gentleman but make it clear right from the word go that you won't be a door-mat by any means and try to be assertive at times. Don't be a complete yes man. Women (in my experience anyway) like that.

yes men are boring but i agree with the rest if i guy is ott nice its get irritating but if he treats me like s**t he will be told exactly where to go straight off any self respecting girl would do the same

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭meditraitor

Novocaine wrote:
    Exactly. I've even come to learn that buying a woman to try maintain her interest in you is also waste of time?

:D not in my experience

All jokes aside, I get the feeling your just young and the rampaging hormones are making you over eager, relax, dealing with woman is like everything, Practice makes perfect :D

no

Novocaine wrote:
    Exactly. I've even come to learn that buying a woman to try maintain her interest in you is also waste of time?
    Not to mention money. That's a mug's game. Here's what I generally do - I'll take her for dinner or something and then I'll pay for it. If she offers to pay her share I'll refuse once but the second time I'll take it. If she lets you pay 3 times or more in a row though then I'd ditch her.

i believe in give and take. some weeks i'll pay for our night out other nights he will and then other times we will just buy our own!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭shellby

*Page* wrote:
    i believe in give and take. some weeks i'll pay for our night out other nights he will and then other times we will just buy our own!

every body likes being spoiled but if a woman lets you pay all the time you can be sure that she is taking you for a ride and not the good kind

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Women like to be messed around. They save the nice guys for friends to complain about when they "always seem to end up with the arses"

Women.

I think I'll turn this slightly.

There are a lot of guys out there that take girls for a ride to(not the nice kind)

The amount of guys who think they can get away with treating a girl like crap is unreal.

but in the same barrel there are girls who treat guys that way too!

If she lets you pay 3 times or more in a row though then I'd ditch her.
    I don't agree. If I take someone out to dinner, I much prefer to pay.
    All the time.
    I'm taking her out for dinner.
    That being said, if it's clear she'd prefer to contrabute, I'll suggest getting the drinks or something.

If I'm out for pints with a girl - standard "round" rules apply. ;)

Zulu wrote:

this is how it should work.

its not the dark ages anymore

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peteee

nice != boring

Nice guys finish last

They'll see you as a 'friend' and nothing else.

I've decided to become meaner to everyone from now on...starting......NOW

*Page* wrote:
    I like your thinking! Yeah OP, relax. I don't know why people feel the need to keep a relationship at all costs at our age. Sure there are exceptions to the rule but for the most part you need to relax. Being single has its advantages you know ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Altheus

No one likes a Tarzan who acts like Jane.

Zulu wrote:
    I don't agree. If I take someone out to dinner, I much prefer to pay.
    All the time.
    I'm taking her out for dinner.
    That being said, if it's clear she'd prefer to contrabute, I'll suggest getting the drinks or something.

Don't get me wrong, I like paying for dinner but it's nice for her to offer, you know? I'm not mean or tight-fisted or anything, but like *page* said, there has to be give and take

i find it hard even borrowing money of a guy i'm going out with..

*i'm weird*

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 568 ✭✭✭newgrange

Re the dinner thing - I always played it that if it was my idea or suggestion to go somewhere, I paid, and if it was the other person's, then they paid. Some occasions we just split down the middle.

Women are fairly straightforward - make her laugh, and then listen to her.

Don't get me wrong, I like paying for dinner but it's nice for her to offer, you know?
    I hear you; I'm not suggesting your tight fisted at all. Offering is FAR nicer than expecting to have it paid for you alright. I'm just not into this "proving we're modern by splitting the bill" attitude some people hold. (not implying anyone here)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Lex_Diamonds

The nerd type girls will pay for stuff.

If the girl likes Big Brother and has fake blonde hair, prepare for an expensive relationship.

So if you want hotsex0r with a minx, you need to spend loads so may aswell hire a prozzie if your **** with women, but if you dont mind more ming, and a nice cashback in the wallet, go for NightElf345 you met on WOW Euro server.

Being single has its advantages you know

Not when you've been single since like forever. not that its ever bothered me, but sometimes I hate missing out.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,320 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

You're a nice guy and you have no girlfriend - this sends two wrong signals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭meditraitor

Novocaine wrote:
    Not when you've been single since like forever. not that its ever bothered me, but sometimes I hate missing out.

//ah ye'll be all right, give uncle medi a hug// give it a chance,

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,945 ✭✭✭BEAT

I really didnt want to reply to this but *sigh* I am once again dragged in.
    ZULU about the pay thing ,
    If I am invited out to dinner I dont expect him to pay and always offer but its nice when you are invited and he does pay, sometimes. I also think though that whether it is a girl or guy who invites me out that , hey you invited me out but that doesnt mean you HAVE to pay. Ya know what I mean? I atleast offer to leave a tip in those cases.
    If it is a first date then I feel weird, cuz I dont really know you and it is a nice gesture but do you expect something in return? I mean, hey...I dont know you remember?
    I do however offer to buy drinks afterwards if he does pay and things are going well, and if he doesnt let me buy drinks, well so be it...
    I understand the whole, man in charge thing, traditional mumbo jumbo, it is nice but sometimes the girl feels like she should do something to repay you. Ya know? ofcourse just being in her company is payment enough right guys? :p

anyway, Op
    do not listen to these morons...they obviously are attracted to the wrong type of women and have been kicked for it. Will they learn? no.
    Women do want nice guys, however...you have to be the right nice guy.
    I'd love to meet a nice guy with morals, sense of humor and traditional views...but it cant be just any nice guy. If you are not attracted to them or have anything in common with them then it doesnt matter if you are nice or a jerk...it isnt going ot work.
    So dont change who you are, you will find the right girl eventually. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Peteee wrote:
    Nice guys finish last

That's because we're just plain better in bed...

I never said I was a nice guy!

• Advertisement

Sarky wrote:
    That's because we're just plain better in bed...

i was waiting for that! :D

Advertisement