Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wagamamas

Options
  • 14-06-2005 5:02pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone fancy Wagamamas tomorrow or Thursday evening? I still ain't been.

adam

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Whats Wagamamas?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Noodle bar.

http://www.wagamama.com/

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Well worth going to. Might be available for tomorrow. Keep me in the know

I'd be on for this alright (either night). What sort of time would you be thinking of?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Haven't been. Hmmm. Would be interested in trying the place out. I've no fixed plans for tomorrow night or Thursday so just name a time mate.

As an aside... Perhaps have a monthly meal thingy going on? Try out some wacky new resteraunts or something with good company? Might work as an idea...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

What's the Cork one like? The one here in Dublin has gone to the dogs.

FX Meister wrote:
    What's the Cork one like? The one here in Dublin has gone to the dogs.

The Cork one just opened last month. It's not been around long enough for people to have long term opinions on :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

unless a troop of nymphomaniac supermodels knock on my door tomorrow, count me in.

rymus wrote:
    unless a troop of nymphomaniac supermodels knock on my door tomorrow, count me in.

They've been doing the rounds recently alright.

I'm still wrecked after their house call this morning. Interesting way to kill 2 hours tho.

dang.. I'll be there either way then. I aint no porridge stirrer dagnabit!

• Advertisement

How about tomorrow at 8pm?

adam

dahamsta wrote:
    How about tomorrow at 8pm?

adam

Grand with me :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Yes, I think I will go. If I can manage to get up early tomorrow and do a proper day's work.

Great, who's gonna let Gordon know?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

nesf wrote:
    It's not been around long enough for people to have long term opinions on :)

Yes it has. It opened March 17th. Been a few times. I'm not sure what it is but I'm not as happy with it as the one in Dublin.

Tomorrow at 8 sounds splendid. I presume we are meeting there?

Souds very good now. Yaki soba are beckoning.

If someone is willing to suggest a meeting point, then let's do this..

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Judes

Been there about 4 times - at first was delighted, as I used to eat there when I lived in London, so when I first went in it was like "aaaahhh, home, a bit of London in Cork" and it was big and bright and the staff were just a bit over-friendly which is nice in one way but also makes you feel like "please give me a nice tip if I show my dazzling white teeth". There seemed to be a good buzz in the place, staff camraderie really there! But the best bit, the food was yummy and CHEAP!!! If you're drinking green tea with your meal it's FREE - and that's a word we rarely see in Cork. (And the choc dessert with Wasabi is scrummy). (There's a dish with chicken breast covered in curry sauce, with rice and salad on the side - very tasty). (Of course the noodle soups are fab too).

But haven't been for about a month now, as the last time I was there, some dippy waitress forgot to serve my friends main course - now I know there can be slight delays, as in one of you may be served 2 mins ahead of your fellow diner, due to what you've ordered - that's no prob - but I was about to finish my main course, we had to call dippy girl and she went "oh" and then grabbed my friend's meal from counter and put infront of him. (Yes it was sitting on counter neglected). Then she stood next to us, chatting and laughing with one of her colleagues and proceeded to take the fluff of her black trousers with cellotape - oh yes, she was right next to us doing this. I loudly reiterated to my friend that she was putting me off my food with her grooming antics. (She stopped and moved behind counter) Normally I would complain to a manager about such shoddy behaviour but we were rushing for a film so left and didn't leave a tip,(the only time I may add we didn't leave one).

So please report back tomorrow on your meal this evening, dying to hear if the staff are a bit more "clued up". And Bon Apetite!!! J

dudara wrote:
    Souds very good now. Yaki soba are beckoning.

If someone is willing to suggest a meeting point, then let's do this..

Yeah, so I've decided I'm going now. We just meet in there at 8?

Well, the raven is across the street from it and has tables outside and such. I may decide to recline across the street with a book or something.

Although I can't promise anything.

• Advertisement

I guess 8:00 outside, or 7:30 in the Long Island if anyone fancies pre-prandial cocktails?

adam

dahamsta wrote:
    I guess 8:00 outside or 7:30 in the Long Island if anyone fancies pre-prandial cocktails?

adam

Now you're talking! Anyone ever try their toblerone cocktail? It's yumm

half seven in the long island sounds doable. on a side note, where's the long island?

or on a tangent.. 7.30 in the raven. or 7.30 anywhere. im easy

//edit
    never mind, I found it on google. Apparently it's in New York. See ye there at 7.30

Right, 7:30 at the Long Island it is. If you can't make it, be outside Wagamama at 8:00 on the button.

Rymus, it's halfway down the first block on Washingtom Street, South Main Street side.

adam

The Long Island....

Pretty cocktails.....

This could be a bad plan................... :D

wear something frilly... you'll be grand.

rymus wrote:
    wear something frilly... you'll be grand.

I'll have to dress "nice". They have never seemed to like my "I really couldn't give a ****" attitude towards clothes in there before.

I can look classy.... I swear.... Now where did I put that burberry cap...

oh dear god.. does that mean I'll have to brush my teeth & have a shave? just when I was getting so accustomed to the leering neerdowell dirty old man look. Curses and double drat!

Oh - are they fussy about dress there?

(pressure)

• Advertisement

Well, I (hope) they aren't at 7.30 in the evening. I've just had a few issues on occasion walking in there on a Saturday night.

Maybe it's just because I look and dress like a freak.

Advertisement