Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Listowel Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭mikehn

Took the dog down the wood today and noticed little signs hanging from the trees here and there on my route, compliments it would seem of Listowel Youthreach. I thought it was a nice idea,fair play to them. It was nice to stop, look and have a think, it certainly could give some people a little lift :)
    [IMG][/img]DSC_00311.jpg
    [IMG][/img]youthreach.jpg
    [IMG][/img]youthreach%202.jpg

I was in McKennas today and noticed this little gem, I know Coffee Makers these days have reached new heights but this take the biscuit if you read the Specs.:D Well done McKennas for giving me a little smile this morning. Be sure and have a look in on their sale, it must be tough for the local retailers these days.
    McKennas%20coffee.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

That's some coffee machine... Although in fairness I just don't shop in there anymore because they used to (possibly still do!) charge delivery within the town whereas Carrolls don't ;) Support goes both ways.
    They have fabulous window displays though.

I love the posters in the park I hope they are left up down there!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

http://www.killarneytoday.com/hunt-for-highway-maintenance-van/

Keep an eye open folks. These guys like to move around!

Walking by the river at 9 AM yesterday saw this parked above the drain outfall near the Convent cross, there were two guys attending to what seems to have been a discharge of pollution from the drain. Later in the morning there was a tanker drawing liquid from the spot, not sure what the story was but there was a very strong smell of what seemed to be Diesel when i passed again in the evening. Hope there were no fish casualties. The river has suffered enough in the last couple of decades.Back in the 50's and 60's it was one of the top Salmon and Sea Trout rivers of its size in Europe and look at it now. I was pleased to see a good few anglers enjoying the evening rise over the last few weeks.[IMG][/img]truck%202.jpg
    [IMG][/img]drain.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,318 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

well done to Listowel on winning best tidy small town!!

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    well done to Listowel on winning best tidy small town!!

The tidy towns group do amazing work I'm thrilled for them 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Cherry Tree

Well done everyone, Listowel Tidy Town Committee, Traders. Council staff and everyone in Listowel who contributed to the win.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Japandamo

Listowel got another trophy over the weekend!

Runners up in the Pride of Place Awards! Brilliant achievement!

Well done Listowel!

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭showgirlrita

Hello all, I am looking for contact details for the owner of Lartigue Cottage, on John B Keane St. Would any one be able to help, even an email address? TIA

• Advertisement

For anyone with kids Mill Lane have their Santy there this weekend: I've been there the last few years and the Santa is amazing. He looks like Santy: and he's very good with kids! It's a donation to charity on the day. Fingers crossed it's the same Santy as last few years I'm just assuming it is :)

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭Brian2011

Just heard from someone that Xtra-Vision in Listowel is closing soon?

Ya they have big signs up I'm afraid :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

A shame. Can't speak for others, but I haven't rented in there since 2005 :O since fast internet really.

It's the staff I feel so sorry for... To find out so close to Christmas they have no job come January. I was in there today and it seemed busy enough: but I'm rarely in there myself.

Hope everyone had a great Christmas and that you all have a tremendous new year.

Did anyone made it to the Panto any night? Is it true they're putting on another show in the Tintean some night?

Japandamo wrote: »
    Hope everyone had a great Christmas and that you all have a tremendous new year.

Did anyone made it to the Panto any night? Is it true they're putting on another show in the Tintean some night?

Missed the panto but was supposed to be great!

Anyone know if there are any fitness classes starting in the next week or two? New Years resolution time again ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Hasschu

I see comments here on the Sluagh/FCA Hall made by Boroman and Japandamo.
    For years myself and everyone I knew thought it was the Free Clothing Association. Also we thought there was small arm practice range in there. It was a mysterious place never saw any one going in or coming out. How they got the clothes and who they gave them to was a mystery to us school children at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 johnroake

Hi everyone. Just wondering what the night life is like in Listowel. Me and a few friends are heading up there to the horse racing on a sat nite next month. And staying up there. Just wanted a few pointers about the night life. Or should we head down to Killarney and stay there.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,318 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

johnroake wrote: »
    Hi everyone. Just wondering what the night life is like in Listowel. Me and a few friends are heading up there to the horse racing on a sat nite next month. And staying up there. Just wanted a few pointers about the night life. Or should we head down to Killarney and stay there.

Moved this into the Listowel thread. Hopefully someone can advise you here.

johnroake wrote: »

Sorry! Only saw this now! Hope you came to Listowel and had a good time!

The Revival festival next weekend looks good! The Stunning are a great band, have seen them live many times! Would love to be going but I have something else on.

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭RevBlueJeans

Called into Lizzys Little Kitchen on William St last Tuesday. It was really excellent and very different. She has a vegetarian special most days and the desserts are great.

Called into Lizzys Little Kitchen on William St last Tuesday. It was really excellent and very different. She has a vegetarian special most days and the desserts are great.

Yeah, I've been in there a few times and it's always been excellent! It's great to have a healthy option in town.

One from the archives, the crew from the old creamery
    [IMG][/img]IMG_20161023_0001.jpg

An oldie from convent street, a bit of a change from the present day view.
    convent%20st.jpg

The crew from Faleys yard some time before it was bought by Mckennas
    Faleys%20yard.jpg

mikehn wrote: »
    One from the archives, the crew from the old creamery
    [IMG][/img]IMG_20161023_0001.jpg

no images seem to be attached to any of those posts?
    Save

• Advertisement

That's odd: I could see them but now can't!

Advertisement