Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Poker Sites - Exchange Rates Tip

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,047 ✭✭✭Culchie

Imposter wrote:
    But that makes no difference to the player. If you win on PPP you'll win 81*5 whereas i'll only win 80*5 on VC! PPP may take more rake but they'll also pay out more. But it still amkes no difference to the player except for the fact that people on different sites are playing for marginally different stakes.

And the 7 losers at same table ????

Lets say you lost the whole $100 .... it cost you/your credit card more on PPP than on VC !

PPP (in this example case) make money on all players, except those who cash out.

Your win is only realised when and if you cash out, until then it is a paper profit..... Whereas PPP profit is immediate. You paid €81.97 for your $100 chips on PPP, and it would have cost you €80.97 on VC.... so an extra euro there, and add on whatever they make on real exchange rate with bank.

That monetary transaction has taken place, your 'win' has not, unless you cash out.

Good little debate this :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭ocallagh

I can't take anymore..

I give up. This post was a paragraph long b4 i realised i had just repeated everything I'd already said!!! Your last few posts culchie are asking questions which have already been addressed. It makes perfect sense in my head, but that's not saying much... anyone else have any thoughts on this?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,047 ✭✭✭Culchie

Me too

Advertisement