Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Poker Down Mill (tallaght).....

Options
  • 03-06-2005 5:29pm
    Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Luke Ivory, Ken, Lorraine and I took over and ran the game in the Old Mill in Tallaght during the week. We had a turnout of only 20 because the game was ripped to shreds by the previous guys but the players who were there were delighted it seems with the game (so they should be, Luke gave out some passes to the 20 game in the fitz to the finalists!). Did anyone here play in it? If you were there, i'd love to hear some feedback!

We'll be on again Thursday week and every two weeks from then on. Expect to see us do a few interesting things with this tournie and others!

DeV.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

any chance of one for the northside...?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭BigDragon

....or Maynooth?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭Waylander

Is it on on Wenesdays or Thursdays Tom?

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Wednesday. And yes, we're looking northside for a venue now. (Any suggestions? You can imagine our requirements!)

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,080 ✭✭✭hallelujajordan

BigDragon wrote:
    ....or Maynooth?

maynooth, celbridge, leixlip, lucan . . loads of potential out this way :) !!

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Find me a reasonable location (lots of space, plenty of tables you can seat at least 8 around) and I'll come run a game for you! You know the local area better then I!

DeV.

DeVore wrote:
    (Any suggestions? You can imagine our requirements!)

DeV.

How about the Racecourse out in Baldoyle....?its nice and big and at the top of my road.

Is that the name of it? The Racecourse? Is it a pub or some racing establishment?
    Got any details about it?

DeV.

Yea thats the name of it,its on the site of a old Racecourse.Nice big pub with a function room and a snooker room.Its in a good location close to the Dart and at the end of the M50 so a good catchment area for North East Dublin.

I am only around the corner from it so let me no if you need any more info.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

DeVore wrote:
    Wednesday. we're looking northside for a venue now. (Any suggestions? You can imagine our requirements!)

DeV.

Some venue suggestions below you might like to check out?

The http://www.carnegiecourt.com/ in Swords would be a great venue i reckon as i've been there recently at a wedding reception. I believe a poker tournament was staged there in the past.

The skylon hotel( midway between city centre and the airport)
    http://www.skylon.org/skylon/asp/section.asp?s=1

http://www.alsaa.ie/ (Dublin Airport)

http://www.thegrand.ie/ (Malahide)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Hitchhiker's Guide to...

was out in one of those vc pub tournies in the Bloody Stream in Howth - really nice venue, loads of space, great pub food, friendly staff (pity about the piss-poor tournie organisation). Might be a nice place to hold a tournie on the northside given that it is on the DART. You might get some of the City Centre / Southside people coming given the Dart. There can't be many venues that boast a log fire in the background!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭OhPinchy

Dev - fair play on running this tournie - I thought it was both good value and well run. I posted some positive feedback in this thread: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=260101&page=2

So just to confirm - its on next Wednesday 15th June and every second Wednesday from then on? Headin off on holiers for a while so wont be around next week but will spread the word and will be at the next one.

What is the absolute latest time someone can show up and still get in before it starts, and then before the freezeout? I know a couple of lads who would be interested but cant make it till around 7.30 -7.45

the freezeout wont happen until after 8 at the earliest I would imagine as I doubt we'd start earlier then 7.

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll get cracking on them.

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,047 ✭✭✭Culchie

DeVore wrote:
    the Old Mill in Tallaght

Where is this fine establishment ? Tallaght is a big place to a little old country boy.

Its the Old Mill pub, Oh Pinchy might be better at giving directions, I get lost in my own house.

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭OhPinchy

the Old Mill is on a crossroads at the old bawn shopping centre.

if you know the firhouse road just come straight up it towards tallaght and when you reach a crossroads itll be diagonally right from you. if you turn right here 1km down the road you will come to tallaght village. if you are coming from the m50 take the tallaght exit and head towards tallaght (left at roundabout if northbound, right if southbound), head straight up the dual carriageway until you get to a crossroads - turn left. 1km down the road, the Old Mill will be on your right just before the second crossroads. on the way youll come down a bit of a hill with Ahernes pub on it, the Mill is 200 yards beyond this.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Dub13 wrote:
    Yea thats the name of it,its on the site of a old Racecourse.Nice big pub with a function room and a snooker room.Its in a good location close to the Dart and at the end of the M50 so a good catchment area for North East Dublin.

I am only around the corner from it so let me no if you need any more info.
    Dub13.

You from baldoyle yeh? Im only down the road in raheny. upstairs in the racecourse would be good for a game if they took out the tables for the night. I think there was a game held in the community centre in Bayside a while ago

Rory,

I am in Grange Abbey now but from Donnycarney.I am sure they have a function room beside the snooker room in the racecourse.I enquired about that game in Bayside and was told it was only for beginner's.

The northside is crying out for some decent tournament's

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭Shortstack

Patience everyone from the Northside, A game is coming your way soon !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭jobless

is this on this wednesday?

what time does it start?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

Eh, how many people are ye expectin DeV tomorrow night, and how much is it to buy in and for the registration.
    Fairplay
    Roddy

10 euro in, 5 registration with costs capped at no more then 10% if we get a low turnout. I'm hoping we'll get 30-40, we're trying to build the game back up.

DeV.

Its starts at 7 sharp, registration from 6:15 and new entries will close about 8 (maybe 8:15).

DeV.

hi devore...i'll be heading to this tonight....what time does the rebuy period end?......how much are the rebuys?....

€10 rebuys. We may change it to 20-in 20-rebuy in future but for tonight we are keeping the same format as before.

Rebuys will end about 8, 8:15

DeV.

hi devore....played this last night...really enjoyable....
    we're you the guy dealing at the end?

Yup that was moi! Were you on final table?

DeV.

Any news on taken this Northside...?

We're working on it.... Any ideas for locations?

DeV

• Advertisement

DeVore wrote:
    We're working on it.... Any ideas for locations?

DeV

Loads......let me know if you ever want to take a drive around and check out locations.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement