Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Polish girl feels homesick

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭Ania

Well, it's a love- hatred between the Russians and us.
    When it comes to politics, we are the worst enemies (together with the Germans) but in private, there cannot be as a tight friendship as a friendship between a Pole and a Russian because we are just the same.
    It's the Poles who tempt not to like the Russians, although the Russians don't or at least act like they wouldn't understand why we are not very trustful and embittered towards Russians.
    The Polish- Russian relationship is similar to Irish- English relationship, only much better, I'd guess.
    When a Pole is in a situation like I am now, i.e. lonely and occupied by a folk which is totally different to the Polish, we are too happy to view a Russian, as there are hardly any cultural, no racial, etc. differences between us.

Imagine, you, as an Irish person would be in Slovakia, for instance.
    You'd be too happy to meet an English person, although the English and Irish didn't get on well during history.

It was, however, an interesting question by magpie, I've been asked many times.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Czesc* Ania :-)

I can't believe you didn't meet any Polish people yet, since when have you been in Dublin?
    I want to organize a meeting somewhere in a pub with Polish fellows from Towarzystwo Polsko Irlandzkie (Polish-Irish Society), www.tpi.poznan.pl - I'm 22 myself, most of the rest is a bit older.
    Any questions, I'm on gg #362293 ;-)

* 'czesc' = 'hi'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭Ania

Przykro mi ale niemam Gadu Gadu!
    A moze Pan ma ICQ albo mi Pan daje swoj adres e-maila?
    Dzieki

"Pan" ?!?
    Geez, don't make me that old, I'm just few years older than you :-)
    You can mail me at wingerr[-at-]eircom.net.

Pozdrawiam :-)
    (Greetz :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

And so it ends - in a bitter feud? Harmony? Who knows, damn my incompetent Polish teacher.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭*Page*

how old are you??

my friends housmate is a pol, sound bloke, seems to be mixing just fine.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,485 ✭✭✭Red Alert

There is a polish mass in dublin definitely as my granny was talking about it (she's not Polish however). I'll ask her on thursday and see if she knows.

I realise that you do feel safer in the company of your own people, but try heading out with a few irish people from work (maybe you do already) as we're quite friendly in the pub. You also have excellent English so that wouldn't be a problem - come along to the next boards beers. :)

Advertisement