Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Taxi Driver

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭Souperfreak

So do I tell the insurance or what to see what the garda turn up? I personally don't want to report it if the garda aren't going to bother their hole because it will only go against my insurance premium for next year.

So the next question is
    Report to the insurance or no?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭samo

whippet wrote:
    'Re-read post 50 '

apologies !! the thread was going so far off topic I didn't bother reading some of them !!

Didnt mean it in a snotty way...but yeah 3 pages on, the original point has wandered a little!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭kdevitt

Jip wrote:
    Why ? He's neither unisured or untracable ? The money the MIBI pay out comes out of everyones premium, why should we pay for it ?

Eh - because the driver left the scene of the accident without leaving any details, and if the guards don't deliver, hes untraceable...

I'm sure the 400 quid or so that it costs to repair won't make a huge dent in your premium next year, so you'll be able to sleep tight tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭30-6shooter

Originally Posted by Jip
    Why ? He's neither unisured or untracable ? The money the MIBI pay out comes out of everyones premium, why should we pay for it
    Posted by kdevitt
    Eh - because the driver left the scene of the accident without leaving any details, and if the guards don't deliver, hes untraceable...
    Well why didnt she fone the guards there and then iand report this "hit n run" and save all this pissin about now.

For all us General premium payers she could have damaged her car driving out her gate and making a fake claim cause the person is now "untraceable". :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Insert "boy racer" where "taxi driver" was. She wouldn't be asking, she would be sueing his ass. So what if he loses his job: it'll teach him some manners.

/me wonders how many times he's gotten away with it, cos people are to chicken to sue?

• Advertisement

Well why didnt she fone the guards there and then iand report this "hit n run" and save all this pissin about now.

For all us General premium payers she could have damaged her car driving out her gate and making a fake claim cause the person is now "untraceable". :rolleyes:

Christ almighty - she rang the guards - read her first post, the guy didn't stop, so theres not much point in leaving your car where it is and waiting for the guards to arrive to record to positions of each car at the time of the accident. I think its safe to assume she didn't hit a gate either and decide to swindle all us general premium payers out of our hard earned cash.

If the guards don't come back to her with details of the other driver, then she's perfectly entitled to make an MIBI claim - its why the thing is there in the first place.

By the way, if you're really concerned about extras on your premium, write to your TD about the government levy on all policies that was introduced to bail out PMPA or wheover in the early 80's rather than get your knickers in a knot over somebody making a rightful MIBI claim.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

kdevitt wrote:

But he's not untracebale, she has his plate number.

Jip wrote:
    But he's not untracebale, she has his plate number.

My original post - 'If the guards give you no joy, you can try the MIBI'

In other words, if the guards don't trace him for you - you have the option of the MIBI... because the lady has a fully comp policy, she would have to make the claim against her own policy, and if it goes through the MIBI because they were unable to trace the driver then her NCB won't be affected. Which won't be necessary of course if the guards come back with a name and address, which is more than likely.

Her NCB might not be affected but she will have to declare that she has made a claim at renewal time and this actually will affect her premium.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

For all us General premium payers she could have damaged her car driving out her gate and making a fake claim

We dont have a gate, nor do we even have pillars for a gate. FACT
    A driver drove like a prat into our car from his own "imaginary" lane FACT

If we were going to make a "fake" claim, it would be for more than a poxy wing!

Still no word from the Gards.......looking like a lost cause. They really dont give a proverbial nads do they?

On the other hand. St. James' seemingly keep their tapes for six months, might get somthing worth while from there. At the very least, we can place the driver in the vicinity at the time of the (searching for words as it was not an accident) incident.

The plot thickens...

• Advertisement

Jip wrote:
    Her NCB might not be affected but she will have to declare that she has made a claim at renewal time and this actually will affect her premium.

You speaking from experience?? I had an MIBI claim last year and it didn't affect my insurance renewal by a single cent...

@Supercomputer - it might be worth contacting your insurance company and just getting their advice. Tell them the situation. Unless you actually allow the claim to go against your own policy, it won't affect your NCB as you won't have made a claim. Since only a handful of insurance companies insure taxi drivers, they might be able to track him down quicker than the gardai.

But you made the claim directly against MIBI ? Or did you go through your own policy and then your insurance company then claimed MIBI ?

I claimed against my own policy, which in turn claimed against the MIBI - you have to do it this way if you've got fully comp. Claim was for over 5K damage to my car, had no effect on my renewal or NCB.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭Souperfreak

Ringing the insurance company now....

STINGER the hospital has cctv of the whole intersection....it goes clear across the road!

YEAH!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

Sorry for dragging a realy old topic up but... don't you just hate it when a thread just stops and leaves everything hanging in mid-air...what happened, did the NCB get lost, did the taxi driver get ****ed over for a hit n run...

Jeez this is worse than having the video run out of tape half way through a Xmas special of Dr. Who....

What Happened?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

You asked three years too late :D

thread now closed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement