Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IRL: 1X03 - "Tabula Rasa" [**SPOILERS WITHIN**]

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

steveland? wrote:
    The policy (as I've clarified more than once) is that if the title includes IRL, NOTHING after what's been shown on RTE can be discussed... not even in spoiler form...

This is because when we were watching them there were no spoilers out there because they were new... it would be stupid for people to highlight the spoilt text BUT it does happen and it's not fair for those people to have things ruined...

There's a sticky about it and I've said it more than once so the next person who spoils something in an IRL thread gets a ban for a day, after that 2 days, after that a week and so on till I get really pissed off and they get permenantly banned...

Hmm kay?

Like I said...I think its total Bull,but I aint going to be a git and go about doing it on purpose.I obey the rules! :D

I said it wasnt important in the context that on the TV forum,there was an OC thread where someone gave away all the spoilers to the season finale and then but "SPOILERS" at the very end of the post,which obviously showed he did it on purpose,it wasnt an accident. The spoiler wanring at the end was making that point. Then someone else did the exact same thing and gave away more spoilers! Technically for being total a-holes they should have been banned for some time,but they werent,which leaves me to believe it isnt something that was looked at very importantly. Or else you didnt care because it was the OC,I wonder what the reaction would have been if someone had done the same thing with Lost...no offense intended,but those gits should have been kicked out for a good long time! IMO!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

tvnutz wrote:
    Like I said...I think its total Bull,but I aint going to be a git and go about doing it on purpose.I obey the rules! :D

I said it wasnt important in the context that on the TV forum,there was an OC thread where someone gave away all the spoilers to the season finale and then but "SPOILERS" at the very end of the post,which obviously showed he did it on purpose,it wasnt an accident. The spoiler wanring at the end was making that point. Then someone else did the exact same thing and gave away more spoilers! Technically for being total a-holes they should have been banned for some time,but they werent,which leaves me to believe it isnt something that was looked at very importantly. Or else you didnt care because it was the OC,I wonder what the reaction would have been if someone had done the same thing with Lost...no offense intended,but those gits should have been kicked out for a good long time! IMO!
    Well I'm not the moderator of the TV forum so that has nothing to do with me...

It's my opinion that spoilers shouldn't be discussed in threads meant solely for Irish episodes because it's unfair to the people who are relying on RTE to watch it...

If something like what happened on the TV board happened on this board those people would be banned indefinitly in the interest of respect for people who haven't seen it...

Really? I could have sworn you threatened to ban them if it happened again,but you didnt...*me confused* :P lol

I agree people shouldnt know about spoilers...but you realise its annoying for us as well?Im also at a loss for what the spoiler tags are for,I thought they were for situations exactly like this. This is a show you might have to watch twice to get what goes on,which I am doing on RTE...then when I noticed something that relates to another episode later in the season,that I missed before...do I have to create a whole new thread to mention it? The forum will be overrun with threads that will probably only have a few posts.Thats where the spoiler tags would come in so the non-US viewers wouldnt have to know what we were talking about. Thats how I see it...

But hey,you are the boss here,and I happen to like discussing the show with you and basquille and others,so I aint going to get myself kicked out! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 43,835 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Gotta agree with steveland and doh.ie regarding the spoilers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭doh.ie

*sigh* While I try to summon the will to live…
    tvnutz wrote:
    I agree people shouldnt know about spoilers...but you realise its annoying for us as well? Im also at a loss for what the spoiler tags are for, I thought they were for situations exactly like this.

They’ll be in the middle of a discussion among primarily people watching on RTE. There’s too great a risk someone will highlight something by accident, get the non-highlighted e-mail, or generally be peeved by the number of greyed-out conversations taking place which exclude them.
    tvnutz wrote:
    This is a show you might have to watch twice to get what goes on,which I am doing on RTE...then when I noticed something that relates to another episode later in the season, that I missed before...do I have to create a whole new thread to mention it?

No, I suggested we have a SINGLE thread (how many times do I have to say this?!) which is for people who have seen the entire series but who spot interesting bits in the previous episodes, whether that’s from RTE or E4 or just rewatching AVIs. This thread won’t be overloaded, so you don’t need an individual one for each episode. A US: Discussion on previous episodes ** SPOILERS ** will do it, and it won’t have much more than 20-30 posts a week, I reckon.
    tvnutz wrote:
    The forum will be overrun with threads that will probably only have a few posts.

Or a single one with a decent amount.
    tvnutz wrote:
    Thats where the spoiler tags would come in so the non-US viewers wouldnt have to know what we were talking about. Thats how I see it...

As I said above, they’ll be mad with all the greyed-out boxes. They deserve to discuss and speculate on the show and the episodes’ future without interference.

It’s important that we get the Lost forum here right from the get-go, cos those of us who’ve been on some of the Lost forums (fora?!) elsewhere have pointed out that this is one of the better ones for intelligent and fun discussion on the series.

Once the show starts on E4/C4 and some people begin watching there, there’ll probably be a need for a UK: 1x03 – “Tabula Rasa” etc thread all over again, and it’s important those who have seen the full series, either from cousins or on DVD in September do not post any material from future episodes in there either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I also agree with doh.ie

If I was new to watching the show I certainly wouldn't come anywhere near this forum. There are just too many spoilers and many of them are completely irrelevant.

I see no reason at all why any of us who were regular posters on the old Lost thread in TV need to post in IRL threads. A sperate thread for speculation on old episodes would do the job just fine. We managed to cope with one thread for a long time.. I think we'll get by.

I didnt post in the old Lost thread...

and doh.ie,don't sound like you know everything,I didnt ask you...maybe it would be better if you didn't summon the will to live :)

EDIT: I was being sarcastic there by the way in case that didnt come off,I still dont agree but I dont want tyou to die or anything! :D lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭doh.ie

tvnutz wrote:
    and doh.ie,don't sound like you know everything,I didnt ask you...maybe it would be better if you didn't summon the will to live :)

Wasn't trying to sound like I know everything. I only bothered getting involved because I am very much anti-spoilers, both for myself and for other people who will enjoy the show more (and deserve to watch it) without them. I was losing the will to live purely through exasperation trying to make YOU see the point! ;)
    tvnutz wrote:
    EDIT: I was being sarcastic there by the way in case that didnt come off,I still dont agree but I dont want tyou to die or anything! :D lol

Thanks. Appreciate that(!)

lol...no problem :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭joe.

And they all lived happily ever after WITH NO SPOILERS IN IRL THREADS :D

• Advertisement

No I intend to continue causing havoc by posting as many spoilers as I can in IRL threads! :D

(That was sarcasm as well by the way...it doesn't really come off very well in writing,does it?) :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Right... back to the actual point of the thread...

I felt like punching that damn doctor guy in the face. I mean, he KNEW she'd done something, why couldn't he just ask? Argh. I mean, we had to endure all that pointless and irritating back story just to discover that she DIDN'T murder the old farm owner and bury him in the back garden.

Thought the bit about the guy with the shrapnel (I will learn the names eventually) was good though, the way they were having the ethical dilemma as to shoot him or not. Otherwise, I definitely preferred the pilot episode to that one. Still eagerly awaiting Monday night's episode, though!

Hopefully there will be more people eaten by the monster... the bit about the pilot in the first episode was great in a freaky way.

Right... back to the actual point of the thread...

I felt like punching that damn doctor guy in the face. I mean, he KNEW she'd done something, why couldn't he just ask? Argh. I mean, we had to endure all that pointless and irritating back story just to discover that she DIDN'T murder the old farm owner and bury him in the back garden.

Thought the bit about the guy with the shrapnel (I will learn the names eventually) was good though, the way they were having the ethical dilemma as to shoot him or not. Otherwise, I definitely preferred the pilot episode to that one. Still eagerly awaiting Monday night's episode, though!

Hopefully there will be more people eaten by the monster... the bit about the pilot in the first episode was great in a freaky way.

Ive said it to others and Ill say it again...dont judge after one flashback, I think after last weeks ep you figure out everything is not answered in one flashback!

Advertisement