Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Live aid 2

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 markwhite

comet wrote:
    Originally they were saying it would be Live 8 but now they're saying its Live Aid II, apparently tickets might be free with them making all the money from sponsorship. Hyde park isn't exactly the best place for a proper gig though is it, would have been nice if it had been Cardiff or something. I would consider going but i'm not sure if it'll just be a big entertainment circus rather than a great gig like Live Aid was.

was at the original and think this may live up to the expectation...unfortunately - the original is always the best - just like the book over the movie!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

I love the way the Spice Girls aren't playing because they would undermine the "political integrity" of the event when every act playing is under contract to a major record label who will undoubtedly be using this as a major marketing event. How come there aren't any punk bands on there? Bands whose songs are mainly political?

My 2 cents.
    *shrugs*

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

gotta go! looks good! oh yeah

Advertisement