Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iron Maiden, Marylin Manson, Mettalica AND Megadeath!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Megadeth, unlikely, they are officially breaking up/finishing/legally ending after their short European Festival Tour i think anyways.
    nah theyre continuing on cos Mustaine has formed Gigantour with several kickass bands that is gonna be touring America and prolly Australia and several other coutries, so the future is looking good for Megadeth.

OMG!!!!
    OMG!!!!

Did you guys hear the news!?!?!?!

Black Sabbath were just addeed to the line-up!

They're gonna kick it off with a few classics for us!

lol :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 535 ✭✭✭bonzai bob

yeah right, and i'm sure mustaine will swap with hammet for the gig too:rolleyes:

NEVER gonna happen i'm afraid. Metallica are in the studio are they not?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

I have it on very good authority that Jimi Hendrix will be opening it up with Star-Spangled Banner. Watch this space...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Le Rack

fine what ever but the guy it came from found out about Metallica last year before it was announced/confirmed so we'll just wait and see!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Dermo

The Maiden/Manson gig is part of the reading/leeds festival, aka Reading Ireland

the exact same thing as Metallica/Linkin Park/The Darkness a few years ago

which means any of the "special guests" will also be artists playing the carling weekend. Just before this gig was supposed to be announced the special guests were going to be "Static-X" but with their guitaris Tripp Eisen(sp?) getting arrested for kiddy fiddlying they were dropped.

With the support playing Reading/Leeds I would bet it's going to be someone like Funeral For A Friend(one of Bruce Dickenson's favourite new bands) or Iggy & The Stooges or someone similar who is also playing that weekend.

It can't be Metallica as they are not part of the festival cos they would only headline, and the headliners have been announced, and though Megadeth could be added it is VERY doubtful, as their Download festival date has been advertised as the last England & Ireland Megadeth gig before they become Dave Mustaine and friends(or whatever name they will go under then)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Well Dave said that he WILL NOT be added to that show.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Le Rack wrote:
    fine what ever but the guy it came from found out about Metallica last year before it was announced/confirmed so we'll just wait and see!

And my friend told me that Sabbath are supporting.
    Dermo wrote:
    the special guests were going to be "Static-X" but with their guitaris Tripp Eisen(sp?) getting arrested for kiddy fiddlying they were dropped.
    Static-X replaced Tripp the second they dropped him, without damaging the band.
    And nothing was ever said to suggest they were playing anywhere near here, I was under the impression they were touring America at that stage.

as I said fine whatever, wait and see!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

I don't trust MCD themselves when they announce something. Who here remembers last year with the whole "Sonic Youth are supporting the White Stripes" fiasco? So I'm not going to trust your friend because he knew that Metallica were playing the last time.

• Advertisement

Le Rack wrote:
    as I said fine whatever, wait and see!

All I'll see is you feeling like a fool for believing something so absurd.

And that goes for the rest of you too.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭skregs

OMG! i just heard from a friend who knows this guy that Audioslave and the original line up of the Beatles will be supporting Iron Maiden too!

I cant wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Le Rack wrote:
    Oh Yes poeple I have it on very good authority that Mettalica and Megadeath will also be playing with Iron Maiden and Marylin Manson in the RDS on August 31st!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Doubt it. Why? Because Megadeth are playing with Dream Theater, FEAR FACTORY, Dillinger Escape Plan, Nevermore, Dry Kill Logic and Symphony X on

08/26 Bank of America Pavilion- Boston, MA
    09/02 Bell Centre- Montreal, QC

http://www.fearfactory.com/

Maybe, but I doubt it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

John2 wrote:
    I don't trust MCD themselves when they announce something. Who here remembers last year with the whole "Sonic Youth are supporting the White Stripes" fiasco? So I'm not going to trust your friend because he knew that Metallica were playing the last time.

Aiken are promoting the Iron Maiden gig.

Seriously though, Metallica lads? Psh... This should've been dropped by the first page...

Seriously though, Metallica lads? Psh... This should've been dropped by the first page...

I blame the moderators.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Blue M&M, red M&M, they all end up the same in the end

oh shag of you cock-sucker
    look this guy is reliable, I put up the post for those interested and since your all clearly not kindly remove your noses from my business.
    Dont start telling me this is a public forum, yada yada yada, I know it is, but stop with the heavy criticism, what, do you know these band members personnaly to say they will or wont be playing? Regardless of whatever else is going on and been said you dont know exactly what could happen.

He's evidently not in this case. Megadeth are NOT going to fly over here to play one merry little date in Dublin when they played here only a few months ago, before flying back to tour in Canada. And Metallica would have been extremely public knowlege about six months ago to make sure it sold out. :rolleyes: And it's safe to say, without a doubt, neither of those bands are going to be added to the line-up. It just isn't happening.

go away dave

And my friend told me that Sabbath are supporting.

Static-X replaced Tripp the second they dropped him, without damaging the band.
    And nothing was ever said to suggest they were playing anywhere near here, I was under the impression they were touring America at that stage.

well I know for a fact that Static-X were the original support act but were dropped from reading/leeds festival

• Advertisement

Le Rack wrote:
    Regardless of whatever else is going on and been said you dont know exactly what could happen.

If you had common sense or a bit of cop on, you wouldn't need to listen to me.

Le Rack wrote:
    go away dave

You don't know me. Please don't use my name therefore. It's creepy.

go away dave or I'll beat you :p

You don't know me. Please don't use my name therefore. It's creepy.
    eh you know R4ph, I'm his ex, and I like creeping people out!

If you had common sense or a bit of cop on, you wouldn't need to listen to me.
    I'm not, I'm simply replying to some randomer who replied to My thread, Who says I'm listening to you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 953 ✭✭✭superconor

Also, given as you spelt Metallica and Megadeth wrong, it is quite hard to believe you.
    do you know these band members personnaly to say they will or wont be playing?
    Do you? Does your friend?

Yeah, we are interested in who is supporting the mighty Maiden.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭Pearl666

The line up is just Manson support and Maiden main act...Metallica's just a rumour and I wouldn't fancy seing Megadeth after seing their "Anarchy in the U.S.A and Paranoid" covers...gah

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

..Anyway, when will we know for certain who's supporting?? August 30th???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭bounty_hunter

The fact that you couldn't spell Metallica or Megadeth to begin with leaves me seriously doubting of your claim.

That and it's mad.

• Advertisement

what does my spelling have to do with anything you twats!
    Look if you don't believe it thats your problem! You don't have to read this so let alone reply to it!

Advertisement