Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iron Maiden, Marylin Manson, Mettalica AND Megadeath!

Options
  • 25-05-2005 5:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭

Oh Yes poeple I have it on very good authority that Mettalica and Megadeath will also be playing with Iron Maiden and Marylin Manson in the RDS on August 31st!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Le Rack wrote:
    Oh Yes poeple I have it on very good authority that Mettalica and Megadeath will also be playing with Iron Maiden and Marylin Manson in the RDS on August 31st!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I must say that sounds highly unlikely and I hope it's not true because I hate Megadeth and Metallica are now so **** it's unbelievable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Le Rack

Yeah I wouldn't be huge on Metallica myself but I'm not complaining cuz I love Manson and Maiden are good too do neh!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Not a hope. No way, Megadeth aren't at all likely, given that they've played here only a few months ago, and Metallica would have instantly demanded they be made the headliners, so I'm going to say no.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Repli

That is NOT going to happen, whens the last time you saw metallica supporting a band?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 953 ✭✭✭superconor

That is just bull****. Megadeth there is more chance than Metallica, but there is still no way. I would love to see Megadeth again.

• Advertisement

Metallica are headlining, I was told yesterday by a guy with major connections... well my best friends friend with major connections, but yeah, thats the story anyway, Metallica are headlining and then the three others.

I was just thinking, is there any chance of Megadeth being in the same line up as Metallica?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 953 ✭✭✭superconor

No mention on the Megadeth website.
    Cannot load the Metallica website.
    No mention on Iron Maiden website.
    No mention on Marilyn Manson website.

....I see a pattern here....

I know I didn't believe it at first either cuz I had just been on the Maiden and Manson sites when I was told, but the sites did say "more to be announced" or something to that effect so eh just wait and see.
    I've no credit at the mo so I cant ask your man for more details but as soon as I have em I'll post em here!

I severly doubt that Metallica will be playing. Iron Maiden are the main act and I seriously doubt that Metallica will play second fiddle to them.

Anyways Metallica are'nt very good and would only lower the quality of the concert.

• Advertisement

I'm not hugely worried anyway, I was mainly going for Manson, I like Maiden too. I just posted it for the benefit of those who like the bands and besides who's complaining if you get four bands for the price of two?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭herobear

yay, 2 more reasons not too go!! :D
    i hate metallicrap and i dont like megadeth live.

i was contemplating going if static-x or dragonforce were supporting, but now i get to save my money

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Jeez, people won't give this up.

Megadeth will NOT be playing at the Iron Maiden gig because they are touring the US at the same time.

And Metallica...? C'mon...

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Zoton

Le Rack wrote:
    Metallica are headlining, I was told yesterday by a guy with major connections... well my best friends friend with major connections, but yeah, thats the story anyway, Metallica are headlining and then the three others.
    Does this "friend" resemble Ashton Kutcher or Jeremy Beadle perhaps? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭tibor

Metallica playing sounded pretty definite in the Irish Times last week.

edit: URL

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

The irish Times report said 'might be'. Same with all the other newspapers.

I'm going..Maiden and Manson are definite anyway..Metallica are NOT going to appear third on the bill...why would they? And they can't be made the headliners now. Megadeth are touring elsewhere..america i think at the same time..besides, they played here on february 1st..not too long ago.

Static-x were meant to play, but Tripp Eisen is in court..not likely. Dragonforce were almost confirmed, but not anymore...

There is definitely more bands to be announced though...but none of the above, I bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭tibor

The irish Times report said 'might be'. Same with all the other newspapers.

Incorrect.
    Copied from the article referenced above:
    Metallica
    August 31
    A big metal day out here - also
    on the bill are the reformed Iron
    Maiden and Marilyn Manson. Best
    dress in black. EUR65.

No ifs, buts, maybes or mights about it.

edit: That said, they could be making it up or be totally wrong, but they sound pretty definite. It was in a line up of all the outdoor gigs this summer.

Reformed Iron Maiden? When did they break up?

Le Rack wrote:

Who are "Mettalica", "Megadeath" and "Marylin Manson" ?
    Sorry - had to be done :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 My Name IsJonas

was august 31st the date Metallica played here 2 years ago? that could be the source of confusion.

• Advertisement

was august 31st the date Metallica played here 2 years ago? that could be the source of confusion.

Nope - that gig last year was early June, Dunno about the one in 2003 though, Hmm I wonder where Irish Times got that information?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 My Name IsJonas

Repli wrote:
    Nope - that gig last year was early June, Dunno about the one in 2003 though, Hmm I wonder where Irish Times got that information?

thats why I said 2 years ago

I looked it up, it was the 20th
    http://www.encyclopedia-metallica.com/live/1349.shtml

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

One would have to be an almighty fool to believe that information.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

there's nothing about that on TicketMaster.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

SWEET MOTHER OF GOD! That would rock! Except if that became official you'd have all those pissed off little brats who hadnt bought a ticket being like AGGHHHH! Thats not fair etc etc. When i see it in writing, ill believe it, and ill prob have bought my ticket by then.

Iron Maiden, confirmed
    Marilyn Mason, confirmed
    Metallica, likely
    Megadeth, unlikely, they are officially breaking up/finishing/legally ending after their short European Festival Tour i think anyways.

If it did happen, it would be the greatest gig on the history of the planet.

In the meantime, Shadows Fall and Slipknot with Helmet and Gizmachi (June 9th, RDS)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

SWEET MOTHER OF GOD! That would rock! Except if that became official you'd have all those pissed off little brats who hadnt bought a ticket being like AGGHHHH! Thats not fair etc etc. When i see it in writing, ill believe it, and ill prob have bought my ticket by then.

Iron Maiden, confirmed
    Marilyn Mason, confirmed
    Metallica, likely
    Megadeth, unlikely, they are officially breaking up/finishing/legally ending after their short European Festival Tour i think anyways.
    Metallica, likely? I don't think so, the reason Iron Maiden and Marilyn Manson are doing the RDS this year is because Metallica turned down another tour, they are taking it easy in the run up to their next album

and I don't think Megadeth will break up, there was talk of them changing the name seeing as Dave is the only original member remaining, but afaik they are keeping the name, did you notice they are doing a second European tour,and excluding Ireland, lol

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

I've got fifty quid that says Metallica won't come near this island this year. I missed Megadeth this year so hopefully they won't split and I'll get to see them. Metallica though? No way. They aren't headlining, and it would have been fully announced by now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭[CALIBUR]

----sniff sniff----

I smell Bullsh.it

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

OMG!!!!
    OMG!!!!

Did you guys hear the news!?!?!?!

Black Sabbath were just addeed to the line-up!

They're gonna kick it off with a few classics for us!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

yeah megadeath might be there

but Megadeth are gonna be touring in the states during that time.

Advertisement