Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Watch Lost Tonight on Net2 9pm

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭Guru Maith Agut

DrEvil wrote:
    I sent an email to rte about repeats and got this in reply :D
    Quote:
    There will be an omnibus edition of LOST (a repeat of
    the first four episodes) on Saturday 11th June, RTÉ 2
    at 21.00 hrs.

I guess they will have the Ads omnibus during this repeat also ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭Romo

qz wrote:
    Here's my theory. Air pocket? - black hole (time travel style). Noises in jungle? - dinosaurs. :D

I've only watched the first two episodes, but I reckon they have fallen into some kind of pocket in space-time. The animals they encounter have also fallen into the same pocket. So you are probably going to get animals from the distant past, the present and the distant future (as in yet to evolve, opens up all sorts of possibilities for the producers).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

Some smartarse (not labelling anybody) is gonna start disguising spoilers from downloaded episodes as 'guesses' based on what they've seen on RTE2 soon enough I'd say.

Gonna have to stop reading this thread now methinks.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

i wouldn't trust him too much..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭sleepwalker

jesus rte put enough fecking ads into the thing anyway

was pretty good anyway, too early to judge it, good to see the guy from Oz is in it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭Romo

This is for Irish people in the 30-40 age bracket. Rack you brains with this one.

In 1977 RTE One ran a programme for 10 episodes. It was called "The Fantastic Journey". It was about a group of people who had fallen into a hole in space-time and ended up on a mysterious tropical island.

Jared Martin was the star.

That tuning fork thing used to light up and he could open doors, get out of traps etc.

I think its basic premise has more than a passing resemblance to "Lost".

For the record I've only seen two eps and haven't browsed for spoilers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭chump

Ah no, hope yas haven't just given the whole plot line away...if they have fallen into a hole in space-time I'll be very disappointed. Taking me days to acquire the whole series! Better be decent quality when I get it... I'm gona watch it all in one go ... no ads ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭ScruffySlayer

Loved it. Probably the most intense and immediate pilot I've seen since Alias. RTE thankfully seem to be putting a good amount of hype into this show. The ads were annoying but any one who thinks they're bad should try watching the digital channels. :rolleyes:

Scruffy the ads were the same frequency as e4 and all those other channels. As far as I know it's illegal to have them more frequenctly in Ireland and the UK.

Anyway I got all the eps, well 1-21 now anyhoo so no ads for me! I'll have it all watched in a week, I'll let yas know ;)

Just finished ep 5! Good show... definetely worth watching

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭DS

If the ads are so insufferably bad, record and watch an hour later.

The whole point is you pay RTE to be a step above the general population of channels. 150euro a year is no small amount.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,977 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

It's on tonight at 10pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Tiffany

Seen the first six episodes, gets more interesting and you learn more about each of the characters.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Fence

daveirl wrote:
    This post has been deleted.

I really don't get why everyone is complaining so much. Yes there were quite a few ads but nothing that you don't get on other stations (apart from the Beeb). And judging by the black screens that showed up on Lost last night it was still less than they show in the US.

I'd prefer to have Lost showing, with ads (even the ultra-anoying 02 sponsorship ones) rather than not having it on at all.

Course there is the whole license fee issue, but if that was where all of RTE's money came from we'd have nothing to watch at all. But if they did break the rules then I'm all for complaining though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

if they do it once for this show and nobody complains, they'll chance their arm with a few others too.

complain people, COMPLAIN.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

You can't complain to the BCI though. Those rules only apply to BCI licenced television stations... namely TV3

You can still complain to RTÉ about the frequency of the adverts, but they don't actually have to listen to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭seabee

I dont't know if this is right place to post but anyway, does anybody here know what was the song played at the end of last nights episode (3) of Lost?
    It sounded a bit like Damien Rice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭talla

Not Damien Rice, but delicate does appear in a later episode.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,466 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Joe Purdy / Wash Away.

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭seabee

Thanks TmB

Advertisement