Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Watch Lost Tonight on Net2 9pm

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭chump

Will do... how many eps will there be after this 2hour opener?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭PullMyFinger!

Just switched it off.

Over-hyped!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

are you joking? fool!! Its been on for 30mins! Ugh,I bet you that is some reality tv nutjob. I also hate when people dont watch all of the episode,not to mention it starts to get really good around episode 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,802 ✭✭✭✭Basq

After under 40 minutes of viewing, you can tell it's overhyped?!...

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Dont give in you fool!!

Put it back on!

Its quality.

Adam

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭Cina

Clearly you're clueless if you think it's overhyped after watched the first 40 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

Here's my theory. Air pocket? - black hole (time travel style). Noises in jungle? - dinosaurs. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭Sarsfield

I have to say the first 40 minutes have been a bit crap. Poor dialogue, atmosphere and truly dire make-up! The usual "2 scratches on the cheek" type injuries all over the place :rolleyes:

But I'll hang in there for the rest of this evening.

grrr...what is wrong with you people! I was blown away by the beach scene first time i saw it and you are complaining about the make up? wtf?

and its not a damn dinosaur!

this show is fecking 100000000000 times better than Desperate Housewives that a lot of people seem to watch! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Oh.. it could be a dinosaur.

I think we'll have to come to terms with the fact that some people just won't like Lost. My brother was exactly the same, he didn't like it at all when he watched it and 'lost' interest after about 30 minutes... and he's not some reality TV nut either.

Me? I was gripped from the first moments and have been ever since. It's certainly the best thing I've seen in recent years.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

I didn't really like the first episode. the second and third I thought were very good, it wasn't until episode 4 I started having erections just thinking about the title sequence.

..I think we'll have to come to terms with the fact that some people just won't like Lost. My brother was exactly the same, he didn't like it at all when he watched it and 'lost' interest after about 30 minutes... and he's not some reality TV nut either.

Me? I was gripped from the first moments and have been ever since. It's certainly the best thing I've seen in recent years.
    Exactly!

It's not a show for everyone... not gonna complain or lose sleep regarding the people who dislike it! I just think it's hilarious people put it down as over-rated and such after 1 episode?! :D

I love the show meself... quickly turning into one of my favourite TV Shows ever!
    Mordeth wrote:
    I didn't really like the first episode. the second and third I thought were very good, it wasn't until episode 4 I started having erections just thinking about the title sequence.
    A little too much information there but of course.. 'Walkabout'... absolute genius!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

Mother of God it's a
    polar bear!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Ooooh.... the end credits. I've never seen them before.

Those O2 sponsorship announcements were pretty corny though... weren't they?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

I liked it I must say. It's a pity there aint a dvd box set yet cause I hate waiting weeks for the next episode, not to mention the ads every 11 mins

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭chump

Sarsfield wrote:
    I have to say the first 40 minutes have been a bit crap. Poor dialogue, atmosphere and truly dire make-up! The usual "2 scratches on the cheek" type injuries all over the place :rolleyes:

But I'll hang in there for the rest of this evening.

I hung it out, agree completely with the above. The ads every 15 minutes really ruined it as well, when did rte start doing this? Fukkin cheapskates.

While the dialogue etc. might be fairly cheesey, I might try a few more eps as the mystery seems fairly exciting... although I better not find out it's a tribe of locals acting the mick and pretending to be a monster...

Just seen fades post, also agree, i want the boxset, or maybe there's a nice series compilation download out there? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭Guru Maith Agut

fade2black wrote:
    I liked it I must say. It's a pity there aint a dvd box set yet cause I hate waiting weeks for the next episode, not to mention the ads every 11 mins

Yeah I have to agree! 1hr and 43 mins of which there was 30 mins of ads. Madness!! Would nearly make me turn it off and wait for the DVD... :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭Dewey

I have to say, i was a little bit disappointed with it. the dialogue was poor and i thought the camera was too shakie at times. I'm not saying its crap. i think the second ep was better. What was the girl doing in the cuffs????...whats with the bald headed guy???.......and there is something up with the dog. Also you didnt even get to see the beast at all apart from when the guy shot it and you got a quick look at its head, so that was really disappointing.

i'll watch it next week but i hope it gets better.

Dewey wrote:
    ..What was the girl doing in the cuffs????...whats with the bald headed guy???.......and there is something up with the dog. Also you didnt even get to see the beast at all apart from when the guy shot it and you got a quick look at its head, so that was really disappointing.

i'll watch it next week but i hope it gets better.
    Try and "WATCH IT" next time - "the guy" (Sawyer) shot a polar bear and we did see it in all it's glory. "The beast" (as you describe it) was not this polar bear! :D

Questions will be answered in time! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭Sarsfield

Episode 2 was better. Better, but not great. However there's a mystery there to unfold so I'll probably watch next week if I remember.

And I agree about the ads. Might be worth waiting for it on DVD!

How many episodes are there anyway?

• Advertisement

Sarsfield wrote:
    How many episodes are there anyway?
    25 altogether..! :D

Region 1 DVD will be released in September.. already ordered it! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭Guru Maith Agut

For those of you who have mentioned 3rd and 4th eps, where has this been on already? Has it been fully shown in Canada by any chance as I'm going out there next month and would wait to buy a dvd box set if 'twas on sale... :confused:

basquille wrote:
    Try and "WATCH IT" next time - "the guy" (Sawyer) shot a polar bear and we did see it in all it's glory. "The beast" (as you describe it) was not this polar bear! :D

Questions will be answered in time! :rolleyes:

yes! lol good point! watch it,the bear wasnt the "monster". that was just plain weird!

For those of you who have mentioned 3rd and 4th eps, where has this been on already? Has it been fully shown in Canada by any chance as I'm going out there next month and would wait to buy a dvd box set if 'twas on sale... :confused:
    'Lost' Region 1 (US & Canada) DVD will be released in September!

Yes.. the season has been shown in US & Canada. Well.. will be actually ending this week with a 2 hour finale on Wednesday! :D:D:D:D:D:D .. sorry, got a bit excited!

Don't wanna offend ya dude, I mean we all have stuff we like and all...but....eh...you might think about getting out more?

• Registered Users Posts: 55,467 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

For those who weren't crazy about it, stick with until at least the end of episode 4.... I guarantee you'll be hooked.

fade2black wrote:
    Don't wanna offend ya dude, I mean we all have stuff we like and all...but....eh...you might think about getting out more?

ummm...very clever comment,we watch a tv show and that means we dont get out a lot?

what a tool.

I wasn't referring to everyone, just basquille, who happens to be one one of the more favourable posters on this site in my opinion. He's getting VERY excited about this show and I was (in jest) telling him that he may need to get out more.

fade2black wrote:
    I would... but they keep me locked in a basement with just a computer and a kitten called Mittens for company.... bastard! :D

• Advertisement

ye, well maybe you shouldnt make assumptions about people you dont know? people can like tv shows just like they do with movies and enjoy them a lot,but still "get out" a lot. I watch a lot of tv,but it doesnt take up my whole damn life. :)

Advertisement