Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which is the better cartoon???

Options
13»

Comments

The characters and stories and animation of Family Guy aren't up to the same quality as those of Futurama, I think.

I find Futurama to be wittier than Family Guy, too. Family Guy is just all about the shocks and offensive jokes..

I totally agree with this. Well said.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭RVN10

Family guy is way more wittier

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭orangerooster

Hmm I'd put Futurama and Family Guy on a similar footing in the humour stakes but for different reasons. I think that Futurama definitely has more intelligence and wit to its humour than Family Guy, I do love Family Guy though and it does carry the shock/contorversial whatever humour in a much, much smarter and wittier way than South Park.
    As for The Simpsons it was once the funniest thing that ever was and I fully intend on collecting the dvds up until around season nine or ten.
    South Park was always too hit and miss for me to like. On the one hand it has funny episodes but then on the other some of the humour in it just doesnt strike a chord with me and I also find that Cartman is just about the most unwatchabely annoying character on television.
    I've only seen the pilot and first episode of American Dad and thought it was only ok and I cant really judge it against the more established cartoons so I wont.

So in order of preference:
    1: Futurama, Family Guy.
    2: The Simpsons.
    3: Southpark

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭o Fiac

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

If the simpsons had ended maybe 6 years ago it would easily be the best caroon of all time, but the last few series have just been unforgiveable, absolute rubbish.
    Family guy, tho only having 3 seasons has been excellent for all of 3, and i love south park (but tbh sometimes it goes too far...christopher reeve sucking foetuses being a prime example.)
    So id put it as
    1. family guy
    2. south park
    3.simpsons

• Advertisement

Deadwing well said best sum up by far no doubt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭ajmurphy62

I have to say that Family Guy is best. A while ago i would have said the simpsons, but it has gone downhill lately.

As of recent moments i have been watchin the family guy box set if i could vote again it would be family and not south park

You are very wise my friend.

I know thank you and i believe argued with you over this how wrong i was..

• Advertisement

Indeed. Usually I'd be looking for an apology but I'll let you away with it this time. ;)

oh i feel i owe you an apology , you were completly right no doubt all hail Family Guy

• Registered Users Posts: 5,450 ✭✭✭blastman

I love all the cartoons mentioned, except American Dad, but only because it's too early to call on it yet (I've only seen a couple of episodes). Glad to know I'm not alone in liking Futurama, but my vote has to go to Family Guy....

Come on Family Guy

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,089 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

family guy best then spark then futurama then simpsons

• Closed Accounts Posts: 432 ✭✭Daelus

I was rewatching some of my 'Family Guy' DVDs recently and they just weren't funny anymore. It was all just trying to shock you, and I had already had the initial shock so there was nothing good about it left.
    I promptly went out and sold the DVDs. With 'Futurama', I can rewatch them all the time and they're still funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

Well i just think to myself....'which show makes me laugh the hardest?'

And when i think back to how hard i laughed at the special olympics episode (when i nearly suffocated from laughing).......we have a weiner

cant say im a huge fan of futurama, i never made a point of it to watch it.

Simpsons will forever have a place in my heart, all those years of top notch entertainment (bar the last few of course) makes it deserve a place in my top 3 which is as follows:

1. Family Guy
    2.The Simpsons
    3.southpark(first four seasons, gone off on a weird political tangent now)

totally agree with that list

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭scuba steve

family guy best then spark then futurama then simpsons
    Thats it there

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭Souless

My fav would be Family guy and then Southpark with futurama coming after that

• Advertisement

Im sad to say but i feel the same

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭R.D

I voted for the Simpsons! Never really got into Family Guy to be honest with you guys, I should really borrow the DVD boxset of my mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

i've been recently watching my boxset of family guy and tbh with you i agree with what some people have said about it here.

it has no replay value, maybe watch a episode twice maybe three times MAX. The jokes are there to shock you as Daelus (i think) said. once you know they are coming they are just not as funny.

for this reason i'm demoting family guy down my list to third.

1. South Park
    2. Futurama
    3. Family Guy
    4. The Simpsons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

Daelus wrote:
    I was rewatching some of my 'Family Guy' DVDs recently and they just weren't funny anymore. It was all just trying to shock you, and I had already had the initial shock so there was nothing good about it left.
    I promptly went out and sold the DVDs. With 'Futurama', I can rewatch them all the time and they're still funny.

Family guy really is class..but tbh im just starting to get a pain in the swiss roll with people constantly quoting it..seriously, i hung around with these people who didnt have an original thought in thier heads, everything they said was just family guy quotes, in the end i just stopped hangin around with them cause it really started to bug the sh!t out of me and was turning me off family guy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Manga-paddy

Famil guy is the best purely for it's RANDOM humour! Btw, I have seen the first 7 episodes of the upcoming series 4 of Family guy (because I's gots mah ways :D ) and just so everyone knows the standard has not dropped! It's still just as funny! The only difference is there are an awful lot of ''remember that time where...'' and then some very odd memory plays, but sure I love all that anyway!

Also, American Dad sucks, this may be because when I heard it was from the makers of Family Guy I was expecting the same style of humour which it just isn't, I don't like it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 paddydaledge

Family Guy is the best, FULL STOP!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Steoob

family kicks the hole off anything there although i haven't sen american dad but it has to be good... south park is almost as good as family guy or sorry l'es griffin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Family Guy followed closely by South Park

Advertisement