Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Today I saw a classic and took a pic thread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

Onkle wrote: »
    DSC00058.jpg

Spotted these on the M50 yesterday. The Caddy was amazing

There was a guy near where I lived in Holland who imported the likes of that, there was always some sort of American barge or 2 outside his house. As a child/teenager it was always some sight seeing them when coming by his place. I think he worked in a cheese shop in town :rolleyes:

EDIT: that Alfa is sweet!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

Is the covering over the headlights and grille to protect against stonechips i wonder?Lovely looking car!!
    DSC00109.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Spotted this out today, rough state
    DSC03630.jpg

And this in the same car park
    DSC03633.jpg

And the view along our drive last Sunday.
    DSC03516.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Is the covering over the headlights and grille to protect against stonechips i wonder?Lovely looking car!!

Yep, its a car bra :D Gives you a little support for a sagging front end ;)

KTRIC wrote: »
    Yep, its a car bra :D Gives you a little support for a sagging front end ;)
    :D:D
    Theres a few corolla fans on here that will get excited at the sight of the white one,shes a bit battered looking!Original mid 86 limerick number plate on it though:)
    DSC03630.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭macautos

Haha , ^^^a beauty .^^^ May be battered but tis on the road and still going strong .

Cant beat the hearing aid beige :p

Theres a few corolla fans on here that will get excited at the sight of the white one,shes a bit battered looking!Original mid 86 limerick number plate on it though:)

And the towbar to match :D:rolleyes:

It was there when i went in, and still there when i came out a while later, could still be there lol!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

I'd say that Corolla is one NCT away from the scrapyard.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,641 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

There's a red one of these (EE80?) regularly parked on Roches St. in Limerick city on ETI or FTI plates (also an '86, Limerick city AFAIK). Also a bit battered but still in use. My uncle used to have a JDM '85 one with a delightful little bell that would go off when you went over 120km/h :)

My uncle used to have a JDM '85 one with a delightful little bell that would go off when you went over 120km/h :)

It's quite funny some of the stuff that was put into 80's JDM cars.

My parent's had an '86 JDM Toyota Starlet back in the 90's, and the interior lights were all different colours (green, blue, red, and yellow if I remember correctly). I remember that if you left the door of the car open longer than about 15 seconds, the lights would start to flash. It was like a Christmas tree in the car! :D

It had to have been an aftermarket option, or else Toyota had some sense of humor!

• Advertisement

The uncle had an 84 diahatsu charade turbo back in the early 90s,this shape one..
    280px-Daihatsu_Charade_Utrecht_Nass.JPG
    It had a little 3 cylinder engine,and when the turbo was boosting a little green light came on on the dash,i thought it was funny.Iv never come across another one.The one he had was mint,but a boy racer bought it and thrashed it untill it died,a real pity,i wouldnt mind having it now!!The reg(84KY318)still comes up on cartell,though i doubt very much that its still in existance!!

Didn't the Corolla E90 have a light in the dashboard that came on when you should shift up or down a gear?

Lol and the mid 90's civic has a green "economy" lighy which comes on where your in low revs. Oh the wonders of the Japs lol

• Registered Users Posts: 6,641 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

Max_Damage wrote: »
    Didn't the Corolla E90 have a light in the dashboard that came on when you should shift up or down a gear?
    Yes the pre-facelift ones ('87-'91?) had "Economy" lights - a green one and an amber one - probably based on revs like what Limerick-man said Civics had. I've been in a late '80s Starlet (EP70) that had these too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,562 ✭✭✭Blue850

My Lancia Dedra had an economy guage, worked by vacum off the inlet manifold. I know where there is a 92 Daihatsu Charade Gtti convertible, one of only 2 ever made.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭MercMad

Yes the pre-facelift ones ('87-'91?) had "Economy" lights - a green one and an amber one - probably based on revs like what Limerick-man said Civics had. I've been in a late '80s Starlet (EP70) that had these too.

...........my father's old 1978 Datsun Laurel had those too !

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭macautos

@Limerickman , that beige corolla aint abandoned anyway (yet :D) i pass it regularly on the road .

@zilog jones , That red ee80 in limerick city .Has nothing done .Very fresh low mileage car , but the body is well battered from young lads baiting it and kicking it when they go past . Fools .
    Its on an FTI limerick reg alright .
    It is also nearly always parked outside the pub so if there is anyone kicked out or fighting outside the door they nearly always get lobbed onto the bonnet of it . Pity .
    Have talked to the owner on several occasion ,she has had it from new .
    But a weekend doesnt go by when someone either kicks off the wing mirror or drives a stone through the side window or something . :mad::mad:

Also that bloody bell in a lot of 80's Toyota's . I had a jap '89 st162 celica a while back and it went off at 100kph . DING DING DING . :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 samtdz

http://www.adverts.ie/showproduct.php?product=70661&cat=500

nice car good nic- cheap price as car space needed

Also that bloody bell in a lot of 80's Toyota's . I had a jap '89 st162 celica a while back and it went off at 100kph . DING DING DING . :p

There is a simple solution to that, cut the wire to the bell.

samtdz wrote: »
    http://www.adverts.ie/showproduct.php?product=70661&cat=500

nice car good nic- cheap price as car space needed
    Whats the story here??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,805 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

Not quite spotted but... but my o/h is back home in Latvia for a bit of a holiday and is driving around in her fathers '82 Audi 100 :mad:

I think it's like this one but I'll get a pic of it up next week when she's back

rcledh.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭11811

haha love the horse-shoe!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

haha love the horse-shoe!
    Yeah but what happened the rest of the horse! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,207 ✭✭✭blackbox

Dades wrote: »
    Yeah but what happened the rest of the horse! :pac:

They used his mane and tail to cover the front seats!

:D

I see this VW Passat on old German plates every time I go to and from college. I finally took a picture of it:

f_Image000m_21e1d95.jpg

And I saw this American-spec. Mercedes 250C in Terenure yesterday:

f_Image003m_40b1017.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 ToyotaDyna

Blue850 wrote: »
    heres another in Galway, from ad on carzone, and is that an old Bedford beside it?
    1191089_20080901110903_2.jpg

Hi,

Thats a Dodge Commando 100 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭manta mad

some kind of classic timed run was on today down around my area in baltinglass !!
    only got a few pics as me battery went dead :(

manta
    septemberpics2008019.jpg

volvo is it ?
    septemberpics2008020.jpg

datsun
    septemberpics2008021.jpg

and coming home from thurles last wensday & tidy vw bug soft top !
    septemberpics2008010.jpg

plus ascona in abbeyleix ,ould fella driving it & wasent sparing the horses :)
    septemberpics2008011.jpg

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,209 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

I got a pic of the Manta when it was getting a final check in Sandyford yesterday. Unfortunately my phone has gone kaput!

I like the picture of the Ascona, rare as hen's teeth now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,459 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

Blue850 wrote: »
    heres another in Galway, from ad on carzone, and is that an old Bedford beside it?
    1191089_20080901110903_2.jpg

I was looking at the latest version of Practical classics today and the Daimler one-o-four was down as the 'endangered species' with 8 left on British roads.

It seems we've 2 spotted in Ireland in about a week. It was closely related to the Daimler Majestic and Majestic Major though looks wise, and these sold in bigger numbers.

Only 561 of the one-o fours were made in total back in the mid-late 50s.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement